1x Advanced deployment scheme

If sprint can deploy 800 cdma on every tower that they can it will help with voice coverage/capacity and provide an additonal 1x advanced carrier tto deploy 4x usage to help shut down a 1x carrier at 1900 mhz

Sent from my SM-N920P using Tapatalk

If sprint can deploy 800 cdma on every tower that they can it will help with voice coverage/capacity and provide an additonal 1x advanced carrier tto deploy 4x usage to help shut down a 1x carrier at 1900 mhz

Sent from my SM-N920P using Tapatalk

Sprint already has 1x800 on every fully modernized tower, except where restricted by public safety and international borders.

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk

Sprint already has 1x800 on every fully modernized tower, except where restricted by public safety and international borders.

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk

And weight limits, something that no one talks about is that there are towers where they just cant add more equipment, just do base station replacements.

I have stated this before but when i travel from where i live to where i work there is one tower that is 3G only for sprint and does not support 1x800, nor dose verizon have 4G LTE coming from it, its simply because the tower is to old and cannot support more weight.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

Verizon being the only CDMA carrier right now with nationwide VoLTE seems to be able to handle it just fine. They have enabled it as default on accounts now and has a very low failure rate. T-Mobile and AT&T of course have the advantage because calls will fall back to their older HSPA networks.

Sprint I hope can come up with a way to facilitate fall back to the 1x network when they implement VoLTE.

There are still areas where I have seen Verizon 3G or x1 only so VoLTE calls would fail there, they don't have their entire footprint, if they shut down x1 it would dramatically shrink the calling maps, thats what I meant by no carrier being able to pull it off. Technically T-Mobile beat them to the punch for nationwide VoLTE/HD calling.

• 2 weeks later...

There aren't a lot of places left even around me where falling off LTE to 3G is a thing. It is very remote places, mainly. Verizon still has to have CDMA support for the foreseeable future for those places. Some are not far from me. Every once in a while, I'll still hear the jingle of getting LTE back. It is increasingly rare, however. 

Rootmetrics is testing VoLTE for 2H2016 on Verizon and it appears they are not seeing much if any of a slip on call reliability. 

This might be the most fair Root testing this half of the year for ages and ages. Every device is a Samsung GS7 running on a Snapdragon 820. This is going to really show how the carriers do things like call reliability. I just don't see the major degradation in reliability on Verizon's end. The hard evidence is coming in and Verizon is doing very well with their transition.