danlodish345

stuff

Back in the Samsung Epic days, we actually had ROMs that fixed a lot of the manufacturer issues (ie: keystrokes not registering for fast typers), bluetooth issues being remedied by custom ROM, etc.  But now there really is little incentive to root/ROM your device, unless you like changing things up every so often.  I absolutely dread visiting mobile sites on my S7 though because of the amount of ads that take over my screen.  Sure, I have added Crystal to the Samsung browser, but it does not work well with the internal reddit browsers, or any other application outside of the samsung browser. The ad sitting at the bottom that doesn't hinder my browsing is OK, but the ones that take over the entire screen and place a tiny little X at the top right so you unintentionally click the ad is ridiculous.  I'm on an unlimited data plan, but for those that do not have unlimited data, studies show that ads can use up to 30% of your data usage when web browsing.

• Like 1

Back in the Samsung Epic days, we actually had ROMs that fixed a lot of the manufacturer issues (ie: keystrokes not registering for fast typers), bluetooth issues being remedied by custom ROM, etc. But now there really is little incentive to root/ROM your device, unless you like changing things up every so often. I absolutely dread visiting mobile sites on my S7 though because of the amount of ads that take over my screen. Sure, I have added Crystal to the Samsung browser, but it does not work well with the internal reddit browsers, or any other application outside of the samsung browser. The ad sitting at the bottom that doesn't hinder my browsing is OK, but the ones that take over the entire screen and place a tiny little X at the top right so you unintentionally click the ad is ridiculous. I'm on an unlimited data plan, but for those that do not have unlimited data, studies show that ads can use up to 30% of your data usage when web browsing.

we will battery life is still a big problem that root can solve

Yeah I just got the s7, and didn't even look to see if it was root-able because I have rooted all of my phones previously. Gotta love when the US version has a locked bootloader, and Samsung hasn't given a way to unlock it for dev's, and users.

Yeah I just got the s7, and didn't even look to see if it was root-able because I have rooted all of my phones previously. Gotta love when the US version has a locked bootloader, and Samsung hasn't given a way to unlock it for dev's, and users.

Yea it's unfortunate we always get screwed over... My lg v10 is locked down tighter then fort knox...

Sent from my LG-H900 using Tapatalk

Yea it's unfortunate we always get screwed over... My lg v10 is locked down tighter then fort knox...

I thought the v10 was rootable?

I thought the v10 was rootable?

Well you can't downgrade the firmware... Plus on my v10 there isn't access to recovery mode