AT&T/Verizon 700mhz vs Sprint 800mhz

RAvirani

Just an update on this: Sprint has implemented ORNL recently for several of the more prominent devices on their network (iPhone for example), allowing the network to push a device to 3G from LTE. Maybe we'll start to see more changes soon ;).

Which Android devices?

Sent from my Pixel XL

Note that Android phones have maintained a "LTE Available List"  which contains a list of SID, NID, Base_ID for any CDMA where it has found LTE to be present.  LG phones with CA also appear to be always tracking CDMA while in LTE.

Just an update on this: Sprint has implemented ORNL recently for several of the more prominent devices on their network (iPhone for example), allowing the network to push a device to 3G from LTE. Maybe we'll start to see more changes soon ;).

I wonder if it is working in my area - my iPhone pops on to LTE a lot faster when coming out of known 3G-holes lately. It seems to be forced on to LTE even during a streaming session now, whereas before it would not hit LTE again until the data connection was interrupted. (Pausing Spotify)

Could all be placebo, though.

I wonder if it is working in my area - my iPhone pops on to LTE a lot faster when coming out of known 3G-holes lately. It seems to be forced on to LTE even during a streaming session now, whereas before it would not hit LTE again until the data connection was interrupted. (Pausing Spotify)

Seamless data transitions between cdma to LTE and LTE to cdma has been possible for a long time now (at least on Android). I may be wrong, but I think ORNL enables the network to now push UEs (phones, tablets, etc.) to 3G if LTE becomes too congested, which currently doesn't happen. The only way a phone can go from LTE to 3G today is if it loses LTE signal. I'm assuming that will no longer be the case and the network now has another way of balancing user load.

Seamless data transitions between cdma to LTE and LTE to cdma has been possible for a long time now (at least on Android). I may be wrong, but I think ORNL enables the network to now push UEs (phones, tablets, etc.) to 3G if LTE becomes too congested, which currently doesn't happen. The only way a phone can go from LTE to 3G today is if it loses LTE signal. I'm assuming that will no longer be the case and the network now has another way of balancing user load.

There was a typo in my original post. ORNL allows the network to push a device FROM 3G TO LTE.

Having used AT&T Band 17 a lot and very recently, Verizon Band 13 (my work decided it would be a good decision to give me a hotspot) a question has arised. Why is it that AT&T and Verizon devices can hold a -116 to -120 dbm signal on 700mhz if I put them in my pocket while while sprint can barely hold a -110 800mhz signal in my hand? A it just how sprint has programmed their phones or does the iPhone 6S have a terrible Band 26 antenna because it seems like sprint should hold onto that band 26 signal down to -120 at the very least and be very reluctant to drop to 3G.

The Iphone 7 works better than the Iphone 6's as far as the radio works the fixed all those issue with the iphone 7 I have 13 lines & 2 of those have the Iphone 7 plus both have better coverage then the iphone 6's & the LG v20 works well as well also the HTC Bolt was made for just Sprint where it works best is still being worked out as I am in CA it works best where they have started out in the midwest 

This happens to me all the time on busy sites. The network sends an RRC Connection Release packet to my phone with reason "other" and directs it to a specific CDMA channel. Often it's almost immediately after handoff to the site in the first place, and it usually only happens during peak hours. I'll have to see if I still have screenshots somewhere.

• Like 1