Samsung Galaxy S7 & S7 Edge User Thread

SturgeonGeneral

Flashed my phone to the Nougat 935U ROM and it's great! So nice not having so much bloatware.

Sent from my SM-G935U using Tapatalk

Flashed my phone to the Nougat 935U ROM and it's great! So nice not having so much bloatware.

Sent from my SM-G935U using Tapatalk

I would probably do this if I didn't mind giving up WiFi calling

What's up with the pink line issue? What is Samsung doing for that?

It is a hardware issue, apparently with the cable/plug it goes into for the LCD.  Only affects the S7 Edge.

It is a hardware issue, apparently with the cable/plug it goes into for the LCD.  Only affects the S7 Edge.

Are they fixing it if the phone is over a year old aka for free? Asking for a friend. :D

Interesting, I did the April 1st update and due to Matts post I checked and there is another one. 

The April 1st update was Software Version is G935PVPS4BQC1 (50.28MB)

This new one is G935PVPU4BQD2 (149.47MB).

Downloading now.

Interesting, I did the April 1st update and due to Matts post I checked and there is another one.

The April 1st update was Software Version is G935PVPS4BQC1 (50.28MB)

This new one is G935PVPU4BQD2 (149.47MB).

Downloading now.

The QC1 update had the March 1st security patch.

Sent from my SM-G935P using Tapatalk

I'll check today to see if it drains, I had the phone off yesterday after the update since I was in the movie theater doing the Guardians of the Galaxy double feature and then went straight home to bed.

If it doesn't solve it I just might install the lite apps mentioned in this article, since most of them are the ones that drain more battery juice.

TS out

Maybe the new update includes a battery drain feature to help you to upgrade to the S8 :)

I'm going to try Facebook Lite again.  Why does Facebook need two installer/update apps in addition to Facebook+Messenger??

Maybe the new update includes a battery drain feature to help you to upgrade to the S8 :)

I'm going to try Facebook Lite again. Why does Facebook need two installer/update apps in addition to Facebook+Messenger??

I wanna know why the Facebook app never stays in memory anymore and constantly has to reload, soon as I upgraded to nougat I noticed it.

Sent from my SM-N920P using Tapatalk

• 2 weeks later...

I wanna know why the Facebook app never stays in memory anymore and constantly has to reload, soon as I upgraded to nougat I noticed it.

i have the s7 edge and it seems that it kills memory intensive apps like facebook its highly annoying and kills battery.

i have the s7 edge and it seems that it kills memory intensive apps like facebook its highly annoying and kills battery.

I play a game csr racing 2 with console like graphics, it will stay in memory all day where I left off and battery is fine. So weird I don't get it.

I play a game csr racing 2 with console like graphics, it will stay in memory all day where I left off and battery is fine. So weird I don't get it.

I'm not sure what the deal is with my phone and maybe a problem with the phone itself but but I love the phone as well

Sent from my LG-H872 using Tapatalk

I'm not sure what the deal is with my phone and maybe a problem with the phone itself but but I love the phone as well

Definitely a nougat issue, Samsung changed something or it's an N feature but I don't have a stock N device to test that out. I may just disable the app and use the mobile site.

Definitely a nougat issue, Samsung changed something or it's an N feature but I don't have a stock N device to test that out. I may just disable the app and use the mobile site.

Facebook and Skype kill the phones battery and the bloatware is ridiculous

Facebook and Skype kill the phones battery and the bloatware is ridiculous

Yeah I disable everything I dont use, luckily Sprint bloatware is on the light side.

Yeah I disable everything I dont use, luckily Sprint bloatware is on the light side.

But the majority of it though can be disabled