HTC 10 Rumor Thread (Was HTC One M10 Rumor Thread)

Overstew

The thing is, most people are buying these devices day 1. It's not in HTC's best interest to reveal info before the announcement because then they'd have nothing to announce. Just let them rock for the 11 days. Contrary to popular belief, most people don't buy new phones the day the phone comes out. There are a large number of people that are waiting on HTC to release their device before they make up their mind as well.

When I posted this, I had forgotten about their planned reveal date. Still though, I'm surprised they didn't make their reveal date sooner, in order to get the word out prior to the launch of the LG G5, even if to capture away only attention from the G5, if not for pre-order buyers, which you do have a point about. Many people want to wait a bit too in order to see how reviews are of new devices, problems, etc.

It does make this a bit of an issue for me though, as the only reason really for me wanting the LG G5, is for the Bluetooth aptxHD audio, and the B&O HiFi audio module. Whereas the HTC 10 is going to have a better display being AMOLED, likely a better camera, and possibly even some sort of waterproofing. If the HTC 10 is going to have HiFi audio built-in, then the HTC 10 is really going to be the better device in my opinion.

The only better smartphone I know of at the moment, is the Vivo Xplay 5 Elite, which I really wish were an internationally available device.

By looking at these images on XDA, comparing the holes in the device to the Audio 10 teaser banner, it looks as though HTC is going to have dual speakers, although not front facing. Instead, these look to be side facing, which shouldn't be a big deal. At least they aren't back facing speakers.

While this should be good news ro HTC fans wanting Boomsound-like audio, the main audio importance to me is the headphone audio. Perhaps HTC will have a teaser banner for it. All it would need to say is "32 ESS" or something like "Audio 10 : The ESSence of audio is 32 Sabre." Any mention of those will tell me what I want to know and have me buying this device.

Otherwise, I should know more later today what it looks like with my LG G5 ordering situation. My mother and I are leaning towards getting the unlocked Sony Xperia Z5 Premium, then getting Sony's DAC/amp device and HiFi earphones.

By looking at these images on XDA, comparing the holes in the device to the Audio 10 teaser banner, it looks as though HTC is going to have dual speakers, although not front facing. Instead, these look to be side facing, which shouldn't be a big deal. At least they aren't back facing speakers.

While this should be good news ro HTC fans wanting Boomsound-like audio, the main audio importance to me is the headphone audio. Perhaps HTC will have a teaser banner for it. All it would need to say is "32 ESS" or something like "Audio 10 : The ESSence of audio is 32 Sabre." Any mention of those will tell me what I want to know and have me buying this device.

Otherwise, I should know more later today what it looks like with my LG G5 ordering situation. My mother and I are leaning towards getting the unlocked Sony Xperia Z5 Premium, then getting Sony's DAC/amp device and HiFi earphones.

HTC has always been superior to the competition in terms of audio quality (Big fan of the HTC One M8 here.)  The appearance of the device doesn't WOW me (aside from the great looking XDA renders, but real world leaked pictures do not do it any justice imo.)  However, I am also reading there is a 3500 MAh battery (or at least 3,000) so if HTC does 3500, I will probably purchase this device.  Also hoping HTC continues supporting the developers with the bootloader unlocks.  I'd hate for such a great processor be locked down tight (like it is on the S7.)

• Like 1

I'm looking forward to this phone, the only thing that would hold me back is the stock camera and picture quality. One of the biggest complaints I have had with the HTC line since the original M7 was the camera quality. 

HTC has always been superior to the competition in terms of audio quality (Big fan of the HTC One M8 here.)  The appearance of the device doesn't WOW me (aside from the great looking XDA renders, but real world leaked pictures do not do it any justice imo.)  However, I am also reading there is a 3500 MAh battery (or at least 3,000) so if HTC does 3500, I will probably purchase this device.  Also hoping HTC continues supporting the developers with the bootloader unlocks.  I'd hate for such a great processor be locked down tight (like it is on the S7.)

I really hope HTC will make a great device with this smartphone, especially for those who've been loyal customers. I'm then type of person who holds a great affinity for loyalty, as I believe it is a great attribute for people to have, even brand loyalty. Others may think that is silly for me to say, but regardless, I still believe it is a good thing. I hold corporations, governments, etc. to a very high standard conceptually, as I believe if society is going to be better, there needs to be a system less based on the bad and more on the good. Unfortunately though, too many people act as though things are good when it is not, hence why my signature is based on my favorite quote from the movie "Storm of the Century".

So, I'm taking the thought of loyalty and making something good for those loyal customers of HTC in mind with this new device. HTC is in trouble from all accounts I've read of it and they need to do something to improve their product to reach new potential customers, but hopefully not at the sake of losing their loyal customers either. From what I know, audio is a very beloved feature of HTC devices, which it looks like HTC has not forsaken. It appears they made a slight adjustment that really isn't bad. I doubt side facing speakers is going to be much of a difference from front facing speakers. It would if they were rear facing though, which HTC obviously kept in mind. They likely moved the speakers to make the device thinner, which ought to be an improvement for most people.

Now lets see what they do with the battery, which hopefully will be 3500mah+. I'm quite disappointed with how the LG G5 and the new Sony Xperia X smartphones are going to have weak batteries. Swapping batteries seems like an inconvenience to me, as I'm not a fan of the idea. I'd rather device manufacturers just use larger batteries that last long enough. The camera looks to be in line as an excellent camera, so a combination of these things will make the HTC 10 a really great device.

• Like 1

I really hope HTC will make a great device with this smartphone, especially for those who've been loyal customers. I'm then type of person who holds a great affinity for loyalty, as I believe it is a great attribute for people to have, even brand loyalty. Others may think that is silly for me to say, but regardless, I still believe it is a good thing. I hold corporations, governments, etc. to a very high standard conceptually, as I believe if society is going to be better, there needs to be a system less based on the bad and more on the good. Unfortunately though, too many people act as though things are good when it is not, hence why my signature is based on my favorite quote from the movie "Storm of the Century".

So, I'm taking the thought of loyalty and making something good for those loyal customers of HTC in mind with this new device. HTC is in trouble from all accounts I've read of it and they need to do something to improve their product to reach new potential customers, but hopefully not at the sake of losing their loyal customers either. From what I know, audio is a very beloved feature of HTC devices, which it looks like HTC has not forsaken. It appears they made a slight adjustment that really isn't bad. I doubt side facing speakers is going to be much of a difference from front facing speakers. It would if they were rear facing though, which HTC obviously kept in mind. They likely moved the speakers to make the device thinner, which ought to be an improvement for most people.

Now lets see what they do with the battery, which hopefully will be 3500mah+. I'm quite disappointed with how the LG G5 and the new Sony Xperia X smartphones are going to have weak batteries. Swapping batteries seems like an inconvenience to me, as I'm not a fan of the idea. I'd rather device manufacturers just use larger batteries that last long enough. The camera looks to be in line as an excellent camera, so a combination of these things will make the HTC 10 a really great device.

As far as loyalty goes, I used to feel the same way as you.  I never thought I'd buy a different phone apart from LG after the G2.  But, my GPS/screen was plagued with issues on the G2 and the G3 that my friend bought because I recommended it had numerous issues as well.  I can safely say that LG is no longer an option for me or my friend for that matter.  They make other great electronics, but I think their phones need a revamp (not this gimmicky module system.)  I really appreciate that HTC continues to offer premium audio for users and the beautiful metal builds before anyone else did.  Not to mention they only gained $1/per phone sold in the year of 2014.  Their flagships just aren't profitable, while their iPhone counterpart makes a few $100 each phone.  In fact, the more I think about it, the more I am impressed with their device support and additional warranty information even though they make significantly less money than the competition per device sold.  They're also often the fastest OEM to update their phones to new releases.  I'm just about ready to purchase the device now. 

I believe they moved the bottom speaker to implement the capacitive buttons on the front and decrease the bezel on bottom.  This never really bothered me on previous iterations of their devices, but some people did not even consider HTC after seeing their larger-than-average bezels on each device.  Supposedly another problem they fixed was the random black bar underneath the screen, eliminating device real-estate.  The new Snapdragon 820 is something that'll be better in the temperature management this time around as the M9 was plagued with overheating, hopefully. 

I've also noticed that the last year or so, even flagship has shipped with a worse processor (Snapdragon 810) in terms of power management with smaller batteries in favor of thinness.  With Samsung increasing their battery capacity, I can really see them leading the next revolution in the smartphone world, battery capacity.  Samsung appears to have knocked everything out with their S7 in regards to what the average consumer wants.  Now I'm open to see what the competition will do from here.  As I've already stated, I'm not impressed with the LG G5, but I am open to see what Motorola and HTC do later this year.  Especially if HTC is doing the next Nexus, I'd like that!  But before I get ahead of myself, I'm going to watch the HTC 10 announcement and go from there.  Rumors say the device may be available as early as two weeks after the event, or the first week of May.

• Like 2

As far as loyalty goes, I used to feel the same way as you.  I never thought I'd buy a different phone apart from LG after the G2.  But, my GPS/screen was plagued with issues on the G2 and the G3 that my friend bought because I recommended it had numerous issues as well.  I can safely say that LG is no longer an option for me or my friend for that matter.  They make other great electronics, but I think their phones need a revamp (not this gimmicky module system.)  I really appreciate that HTC continues to offer premium audio for users and the beautiful metal builds before anyone else did.  Not to mention they only gained $1/per phone sold in the year of 2014.  Their flagships just aren't profitable, while their iPhone counterpart makes a few $100 each phone.  In fact, the more I think about it, the more I am impressed with their device support and additional warranty information even though they make significantly less money than the competition per device sold.  They're also often the fastest OEM to update their phones to new releases.  I'm just about ready to purchase the device now. 

I believe they moved the bottom speaker to implement the capacitive buttons on the front and decrease the bezel on bottom.  This never really bothered me on previous iterations of their devices, but some people did not even consider HTC after seeing their larger-than-average bezels on each device.  Supposedly another problem they fixed was the random black bar underneath the screen, eliminating device real-estate.  The new Snapdragon 820 is something that'll be better in the temperature management this time around as the M9 was plagued with overheating, hopefully. 

I've also noticed that the last year or so, even flagship has shipped with a worse processor (Snapdragon 810) in terms of power management with smaller batteries in favor of thinness.  With Samsung increasing their battery capacity, I can really see them leading the next revolution in the smartphone world, battery capacity.  Samsung appears to have knocked everything out with their S7 in regards to what the average consumer wants.  Now I'm open to see what the competition will do from here.  As I've already stated, I'm not impressed with the LG G5, but I am open to see what Motorola and HTC do later this year.  Especially if HTC is doing the next Nexus, I'd like that!  But before I get ahead of myself, I'm going to watch the HTC 10 announcement and go from there.  Rumors say the device may be available as early as two weeks after the event, or the first week of May.

I've mentioned a few times on various posts I've written of my loyalty to Sony over the years. Problem is, Sony is a very difficult company to obtain their products here in the U.S. nowadays. It has caused me to change my purchasing decisions to other companies of which many have ended up a disappointment for me. I've never been impressed by the build quality of certain devices I've had between the Motorola Nexus 6's Android issues, the ZTE ZMAX's LTE radio dying after a few months, the Alcatel Idol 3 with its dead pixels, the Microsoft Lumia 950xl's erratic battery life, the LG V10 making weird noises when placing/receiving calls, etc. I never had these issues with any of the Sony devices I've had in the past, though none of them were smartphones. I'm thinking it is better for me to just go ahead and pay the premium price for getting an unlocked Sony Xperia Z5 from an international sourcer, but then I'd pretty much be stuck on T-Mobile, which I really want to switch away from.

I've been considering possibly waiting until the HTC 10 to be announced, then try going back with Sprint, just not dealing with the store people. I emailed Sprint over the weekend and got a very polite response back from a Sprint Executive Relations representative who is willing to handle the entire conversion from T-Mobile to Sprint himself, along with giving me his direct contact line. Much better than the iffy responses I've been getting from T-Mobile as of late. I've never had an HTC device, though I've heard good things about HTC's build quality and reliability which resemble what I know from being a Sony loyalist for many years. Since Sony doesn't make a smartphone that will work on Sprint's network, perhaps I'll give HTC a try with their new device on Sprint. I've heard from S4GRU that Sprint has upgraded the PCS band from 5x5 to 10x10 here in the Chicago market, so the PCS issues I had on Sprint last year ought to be resolved.

Anyways, I'm really hoping for some great things from HTC with their new device, and I'm glad they seem to be keeping in mind both past and future customers with the features reported for their new device. It has taken away most of my interest in the LG G5, which I figure it may not be meant for me to have since I'm having such difficulty getting T-Mobile to help me with my preorder concerns from when T-Mobile messed up the Samsung S7 Edge order I had to cancel because of T-Mobile's incompetence. Perhaps a reason why the timing of this is happening the way it is with the HTC release and my finding a helpful person at Sprint to work with on this. I'm avoiding the Sprint stores though, because I had some trouble working with the store employees around here when I tried Sprint last year.

Quick update here from my previous post.

My mother and I are going to wait until the HTC announcement, then likely switch to Sprint, unless my mother gets something arranged with my aunt and my aunt's son by then for the AT&T possibility. Still though, I might likely get the HTC 10 on AT&T if not on Sprint, if that is the case. Seems like we are leaving T-Mobile, thank goodness.

Okay... I found some important information online, regarding the HTC 10, here  :

http://www.android.gs/pricing-for-several-htc-10-variants-shows-up-online/

The pricing makes me think these devices are going to be premium-packed, which is a good thing. Although, it must be filled to the brim with tech greatness at these prices, otherwise I seriously doubt this will sell well for HTC.

"These details have been leaked by a Chinese source and, unfortunately, we haven’t been able to verify their veracity so take them with a pinch of salt. The source says that the Snapdragon 652 model (the cheapest) will be priced at 3,799 Yuan (about $585), while the Snapdragon 820 variants will cost 4,999 Yuan ($770) for 32 GB storage and 3 GB RAM and 5,888 Yuan ($905) for 128 GB storage and 4 GB RAM."

Man I'm getting a little hyped up for this phone. Just need a good mobile camera.

As if it wasn't already obvious, I'm very hyped up for this. I vow to be an official HTC 10 information updater for S4GRU.

• Like 2

I'm here posting about the latest regarding HTC 10. I've found a bit of bad news, which could also be interpreted as good news, because this means that HTC really needs to make a strong, powerful device with the HTC 10. The bad part though is HTC isn't doing very well, though still hoping the comeback will happen :

http://phandroid.com/2016/04/07/htc-q1-2016/

I'll still see if there is any new information specifically regarding the HTC 10 today, but I'm thinking maybe it'll be tomorrow as a big closure to the business week they'll introduce something for us to think about over the weekend.

So far, the best device in 2016 is the Vivo XPlay 5 Elite, in my opinion. I'm hoping that considering all of the trailer/news hype regarding the HTC 10, that HTC will make the HTC beat or at least match the specifications of the Vivo device. If it does, then it ought to set a new standard of wireless devices in the U.S., which the Vivo XPlay 5 Elite currently is so much better than any wireless device available here in the U.S.

Wish they offered a model with a slightly larger screen with a slightly larger battery.

• Like 4