Duplicate SMS MMS

I am having a terrible time on four Sprint lines with recipients of our SMS and MMS messages receiving multiple copies of the same message.

This problem is not isolated to just group and the mess. It is occurring on single recipient SMS. I've switched apps from Messaging Plus to Hangouts to the phone's built in message app. Nothing seems to make a difference.

My phone is g4, my wife has an S6 and my son has an iPhone and it is occurring on all of our phones.

This morning when I landed at the Atlanta Airport I sent my daughter an SMS. She got it four times. I sent my son an SMS from Atlanta and he got it twice. Last night my wife was part of a group message and she received the same message over 20 times and then suddenly this morning she received the same message from last night probably another 30 times.

I called Sprint technical support and their answer was that we needed to take all four phones into a repair store for a diagnostic. Please.

Anyone experienced similar problems of this magnitude and have any idea what to do?

I had this both with and without an Airave on Android and iOS devices while I was with Sprint and they always had the same answer to get devices checked and said no issues with phones when tested. It leveled off for a while but I've noticed this happening a ton lately from my friends on Sprint. During a side-by-side about a year ago a Sprint tech told me it was pretty commonly known to be happening with no fix in sight. 

Hi, my friend had this problem a long time ago and sprint never resolved it.

He said it stopped when he broke up with his girlfriend at the time.

He believes her sending texts confused sprints system causing the multiple texts from unrelated people.

So, it may not be a problem with any of your phones, it could be a problem from someone who is *sending* to all of you.

Once a device connects to Airave it's not uncommon to cause that issue. Next time you call into care (if there is a next time) tell the to purge your TM SMS profile. Airave really causes issues when your also in proximity of 800/Band 10 coverage. Oddly enough VZ has the same issue with their femtocells which is odd as Sprint uses the same aggregation provider as 2 of the other major carriers. Give it a shot. It's not the device.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have an Android and I get duplicate pictures from people with iPhones pretty much every time they send me a picture. Also my sister with an iPhone gives me duplicate texts sometimes. She also claims she has issues sending texts in places where the rest of the family has no issue whatsoever. Not sure what her issue is there.