iPhone 6s can anyone tell me the band preference code for lte band 41

nh0120

If your phone has any ability for Band preference, it would only be for scan preference. Once you connect to the network, the network will decide which band you're on regardless of your phone's scan preferences.

For instance, if you made Band 41 your highest preference, it would scan B41 first. If it found B41, it would connect to it. Once the network recognizes your device connected on B41, it would then decide if there is a band that it prefers you to be connected to and will shunt you over to it. The network does not care what bands your device prefers to scan.

The only exception to this is some Samsung devices have within their hidden menus the ability to turn off some bands completely. But we have not seen those abilities with any other devices.

Using Tapatalk on Note 8.0

I wasn't aware iOS has an option to choose Band.

I'm not sure it is easily accessible. It appears he's looking at the PRL, in which tampering with could yield bad results.

Sent from my Gold iPhone 6s Plus 128GB using Tapatalk

I'm not sure it is easily accessible. It appears he's looking at the PRL, in which tampering with could yield bad results.

It's actually the PRI, to be exact :)

-Anthony

• Like 1

If your phone has any ability for Band preference, it would only be for scan preference. Once you connect to the network, the network will decide which band you're on regardless of your phone's scan preferences.

For instance, if you made Band 41 your highest preference, it would scan B41 first. If it found B41, it would connect to it. Once the network recognizes your device connected on B41, it would then decide if there is a band that it prefers you to be connected to and will shunt you over to it. The network does not care what bands your device prefers to scan.

The only exception to this is some Samsung devices have within their hidden menus the ability to turn off some bands completely. But we have not seen those abilities with any other devices.

Using Tapatalk on Note 8.0

do you happen to no the presence code for band 41 I would love to connect to it. It's floating around my area just my device loves to be on band 26

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

i have back ups of all my files and I have changed quite a few options in the prl and pri. I just can't seem to find anything about the presence code for band 41

i have back ups of all my files and I have changed quite a few options in the prl and pri. I just can't seem to find anything about the presence code for band 41

I don't know how to change the preferred network scan choices on iPhone. I wish I did.