Galaxy tab e

Rocket87

I just picked up the new Galaxy Tab E 8inch in the other day. I love it so far but i found some intresting things in the hodden menus.

1. It has CA listed but disabled. I used the msl to to turn it on but havent had a chance to go to some of the CA towers near by to test. Im not even sure if its a CA device but it has the menu so it must be right?

2. It has lte roaming on bands 2,4,12 listed on the priority page but then lte roaming is disabled. I turned it on with the msl but not sure how to test these bands.

If i use the msl to to turn on these features

Sent from my SM-N910P using Tapatalk

• 11 months later...

Any reviews on this device?  With the new $20 psuedo unlimited data plan on a tablet, I'm thinking about picking one up.  Sad that Sprint onyl has three android tablets and the HP Slate devices appear to be trash...

Was this upgraded to Marshmallow?  Is this on the docket for a Nougat upgrade?

• Like 1

I picked up a Tab E yesterday, at 8" its the perfect size.  So far, my hatred for TouchWiz is staying below the surface, however, in the long run I can see myself looking for a CM variant.

Device is updated to 6.0.1 with the Sept security patches.  Very current, I don't believe its a CA device, but I can't figure out how to get to Debug, the Shortcut from SCP doesn't work.Data Menu shows CA is disabled, not sure why, need to get MSL

Found this to get into a hidden menu with the calculator, but its not the radio info...

http://wikiwhy.net/1384/samsung-galaxy-tab-4-wi-fi-secret-service-open-menu

Open Calculator and type in (+30012012732+

Opens DRParser Mode

Working Codes

• *#0*# LCD Tests
  • * #1234# to check software version of Tab 3
  • *#12580*369# to check software and hardware information.
  • *#0228# Battery status (ADC, RSSI reading)
  • ##786# to open RTN menu
  • ##33284# DEBUG!!!!!!!

• ##3282# DATA!!!!!!

• *#0011# – Network info

I just picked up the new Galaxy Tab E 8inch in the other day. I love it so far but i found some intresting things in the hodden menus.

1. It has CA listed but disabled. I used the msl to to turn it on but havent had a chance to go to some of the CA towers near by to test. Im not even sure if its a CA device but it has the menu so it must be right?

2. It has lte roaming on bands 2,4,12 listed on the priority page but then lte roaming is disabled. I turned it on with the msl but not sure how to test these bands.

If i use the msl to to turn on these features

Sent from my SM-N910P using Tapatalk

How did you get your MSL?

I will say this tablet gets strong B41 signal. It's definitely better than my Note 5. I haven't had a chance to compare B25 and B26 with my Note 5, but I'm impressed with the B41 strength.

Sent from my SM-N920P using Tapatalk

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

I utilized my tab e at Deer Camp the past few days and it out preformed every other Sprint device there.  Lots of streaming NFL Sunday ticket Red Zone channel.  The antenna in this little thing is very good.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

Still loving this 8" tablet. Its my Amazon Prime and Netflix device, the only downfall I've found is that MHL and Miracast are disabled.

My 4 year old daughter mainly uses this when we're out and about, although I use it some too. I think we used 20GB or so of data last month (a lot of Paw Patrol and YouTube kids). It's well worth the $20 a month we're paying for service.

Sent from my SM-N920P using Tapatalk

• Like 1

• 3 months later...

I might grab one for my kids possibly,  but I was curious if this has CA on B41?

They are now for sale at Sprint for $199 with $100 off, so it's $4 a month for the tablet with the $25 mo for unlimited data with 10 gigs of hotspot.

Is this tablet still worth getting considering how old it is?

I might grab one for my kids possibly, but I was curious if this has CA on B41?

They are now for sale at Sprint for $199 with $100 off, so it's $4 a month for the tablet with the $25 mo for unlimited data with 10 gigs of hotspot.

Is this tablet still worth getting considering how old it is?

It's actually $20 a month if you set up auto pay.

The Hotspot works well. You can actually have it use 2.4 or 5 ghz wifi if you go into the advanced settings.

No B41 CA as far as I can tell. I'm fairly certain it's just single carrier. The last update was in October 2016. It does run Android 6.0, so it's fairly up to date. It would be nice to get 7.0, but I don't know if Samsung will put the effort into it at this point. I also bought mine for around $100 new on ebay. I wouldn't pay more than that. It runs everything fairly well except for the PlayStation Vue app. It takes awhile for it to load, but once it's playing something, it then plays OK. It's a decent mid range tablet.

If I can find a Tab S2 at a decent price though, I may buy it to replace the Tab E since it has higher spec internals and screen. Unfortunately, they're hard to find since Samsung hasn't manufactured them for a while now.

Sent from my SM-G935P using Tapatalk

^^^^^^Cool, thanks for the quick response! I guess that makes sense since we have the auto pay already setup with the unlimited freedom plan with two lines. $20 isn't bad at all for unlimited data with 10 gigs of hotspot :) It would be for our kids to use when we're out and about in the car or somewhere else.

Yea it's a good deal through Sprint $100 off, but you have to keep it for the 2 years to obtain that final price of $100 with the $4 credit they give you monthly. So maybe I will look for it used on Ebay or Craigslist?

Thanks for the feedback.

It's actually $20 a month if you set up auto pay.

The Hotspot works well. You can actually have it use 2.4 or 5 ghz wifi if you go into the advanced settings.

No B41 CA as far as I can tell. I'm fairly certain it's just single carrier. The last update was in October 2016. It does run Android 6.0, so it's fairly up to date. It would be nice to get 7.0, but I don't know if Samsung will put the effort into it at this point. I also bought mine for around $100 new on ebay. I wouldn't pay more than that. It runs everything fairly well except for the PlayStation Vue app. It takes awhile for it to load, but once it's playing something, it then plays OK. It's a decent mid range tablet.

If I can find a Tab S2 at a decent price though, I may buy it to replace the Tab E since it has higher spec internals and screen. Unfortunately, they're hard to find since Samsung hasn't manufactured them for a while now.

^^^^^^Cool, thanks for the quick response! I guess that makes sense since we have the auto pay already setup with the unlimited freedom plan with two lines. $20 isn't bad at all for unlimited data with 10 gigs of hotspot :) It would be for our kids to use when we're out and about in the car or somewhere else.

Yea it's a good deal through Sprint $100 off, but you have to keep it for the 2 years to obtain that final price of $100 with the $4 credit they give you monthly. So maybe I will look for it used on Ebay or Craigslist?

Thanks for the feedback.

Actually, it is $25/mo after auto-pay discount. Sprint did raise the rate by $5/mo about a month and a half ago or so.

Sent from my iPhone 7 Plus using Tapatalk Pro

Actually, it is $25/mo after auto-pay discount. Sprint did raise the rate by $5/mo about a month and a half ago or so.

As of my last bill, it was still $20 for me, but I might be grandfather in at that price. I guess I'll find out on my next bill.

As of my last bill, it was still $20 for me, but I might be grandfather in at that price. I guess I'll find out on my next bill.

You are grandfathered in. New tablets on that plan will be $30/mo and a $5 auto pay discount.

• Like 1

I still utilize this tablet.  Since I don't have High Speed Internet, the 10GB hotspot is how my Nest thermostat stays connected.  I wish I hadn't bought it directly from sprint as the $299 price point was about $150 too much, but i didn't consider BYOD at the time.

I'm still on the $20/month plan, unless I can figure out an HSI solution, I can't see myself getting rid of it.

• 2 weeks later...

Just read through all the comments. In your honest opinions, is this a really good tablet? I'd use it more for browsing, watching movies/videos, maybe some gaming. Does this tablet have the smart view/screen mirroring feature on it?

Just read through all the comments. In your honest opinions, is this a really good tablet? I'd use it more for browsing, watching movies/videos, maybe some gaming. Does this tablet have the smart view/screen mirroring feature on it?

It's decent. You may want to consider getting it on ebay and activate it on the unlimited tablet plan so you don't have a 24 month commitment on it. Then you can replace it anytime you want when something nicer comes along. I bought one new for about $100 last October.

Personally, I'm on the lookout for a new or newish Tab S2 if I can find one for a decent price.

That makes total since buying it upfront elsewhere, instead of contract. Does it have the smart view feature on it? I couldn't find any info regarding that. The S2 is way too expensive. I like watching movies and vids, so the S2 wouldn't be for me due to that 4:3 ratio aspect, and I screen mirror a lot to. I've read reviews on the S2, and the only negative I've seen is not meant for movie watching, but other than that, it's a beast!

Right now its 199/ 8.33 a month and there is a promo for a 100 off any tablet via a 4.17 credit every month. So you could get it for 100 total by paying it off over 24 months. I still love mine but i only use it for watchibg stugf on KODI or reading on kindle.

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk

I use mine for the hotspot to connect my nest thermo stat to, its also my streaming device for netflix/hulu/amazon prime.  I use it for easy web browsing, recipes while cooking, etc.

I wish I hadn't paid the 299 thru sprint, but I never thought to look at ebay.