Samsung Galaxy S7 Rumors thread

bitslizer

Thanks. That's where I figured it would end up going. My luck, if I did that they wouldn't let me keep my current plan. I'm on the ED1500 and don't want to lose it.

The buy-out doesn't kick you off the plan, it just lets you renew.  If you're nervous, have them do it all in one transaction.

However, it's $100 if your previous device was a Smartphone.

Another option is to just wait and let them work the bugs out and renew on time. I have a gs4t and it's a decent device still. I'm just getting the 7 because I'm in my 25th month and can.

Upgrading from that photon last time was painful. Wimax in the Omaha market was a joke and the phone sucked. I upgraded 2 months early free under the old policy.

Don't let the hype make you waste money.

Sent from my SPH-L720T using Tapatalk

There's a tracking number on my Gear VR. It'll be here tomorrow.

UPS:

"Severe weather conditions have delayed delivery. Delivery will be rescheduled."

Stuck in Indy.

No biggie, no phone anyhow.

Did you buy out your contract?

Sprint online has a habit of telling you you're eligible when in reality they're referring to a 2-year lease.

All that matters is when you click on Contract Details it says you're done (or within 4 months).

I would be curious about that as well. I have 4 phones whose plans are up between 5/15 and 7/15. I don't want to lease. Unfortunately, I think I'm SOL to get anything now unless I do a lease, unless what optumummind has done would somehow work for me.

I was only able to do an upgrade at Best Buy via the "alternate" option b/c I have 2 lines that are out of contract & I used one of theirs. Otherwise, I was told by Best Buy to wait until march 1st 2017 to upgrade my line.

I'm on hold with Sprint right now & things aren't going smoothly. At first, they told me I could start a new 2-yr contract & get discount pricing if I pay first the $250 early upgrade fee. Now I'm being told that in addition to paying the $250 upgrade fee, I also have to sell my S6E back to Sprint for a $225 credit on my bill. That's BS b/c I can get way more than that for my 64GB mint condition S6E.

So when I told them that I didn't want to turn in my S6E, they said I have to buy out my contract by paying $260 but I'll lose my phone number. Then a different CS lady tells me that's not true & I won't lose my phone number. Friggin frustrating...

I'll update later with the end result.

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk

So these were my options when it comes to getting the S7E before my contract end date & paying the $299.99 subsidy price.

1. Pay the $250 early upgrade fee & sell my S6E back to Sprint for a $225 bill credit. Then start a new 2-yr contract.

This option sucks b/c I'm getting shorted on the selling price of the S6E.

2. Buy the phone full price.

3. Pay $260 ETF to buy out my contract and within 45 days come back to Sprint as a "new" customer & start a new 2-yr contract. After 45 days, my phone number will be recycled then become lost to me.

4. Use an upgrade from one of the 2 eligible lines.

I decided to go with option 4. It's the least hassle and it costs me the least amount of money (I have a $250 Best Buy giftcard and I recently made $270 from selling my old Note 3). And my mom is okay with me using her upgrade b/c she's perfectly happy with her Note 3 still.

And the good news is I can sell my S6E at a price I'm happy with.

Hope this info helps those in a similar situation to me.

Sent from my SM-G925P using Tapatalk

There's a tracking number on my Gear VR.  It'll be here tomorrow.

No such luck on the phone yet.

Tracked via http//www.sprint.com/myorder

They did NOT send an email at time of shipment like they did for the order receipt and acceptance.

It is not likely that I missed it to spam because all of the other emails came through fine.

I did notice that the two were worded slightly differently:

• Samsung Galaxy S7 edge-All colors: Ships as early as 3/7

• Samsung Gear VR Headset: Ships by 3/11

The phones will be held until the release date, and the Gear VR is under no such restriction.

No tracking on my vr's yet.

I wouldn't think there would be since it states Ships by 3/11 on both yours and mine. Maybe by 3/9 - 3/10 it will show the tracking #.

TS

Mine tracked out of Indy this morning.

No delivery update yet, I'd say tomorrow or Monday.

Its been a while since I've pre-order a phone so my memory may not be accurate. So by "tracked out" do you mean you actually got a tracking number or that the order was received? Mine says, "Your order for the Samsung Galaxy S7 edge has been received. Orders will begin shipping as early as 3/7. Keep an eye out for a shipping email with your tracking information." for each one including the VR Gears.

TS

If you guys are upgrading so often, have you looked into the galaxy forever program? What are the cost/benefits to that?

I don't see that in your lists.

AFAIK, choosing the Galaxy Forever program entails me giving up my unlimited ED1500 plan for a lease plan, which I nor my line members want to do. Paying $50 for unlimited everything is too good to give up.

I also preordered through Sprint on Tuesday and received my gear VR today. Never got a tracking or shipping notification.

Hmm, hope they're that fast in getting the devices out :--)

Sent from my SM-N920P using Tapatalk

I also preordered through Sprint on Tuesday and received my gear VR today. Never got a tracking or shipping notification.

Wow that is fast. I guess it also depends from where the devices are coming from. If they are coming from KC and it only took 2 days to get to you in MN, that is pretty fast. 

Now the waiting game starts.

TS

• Like 1

There's a tracking number on my Gear VR.  It'll be here tomorrow.

No such luck on the phone yet.

Tracked via http//www.sprint.com/myorder

They did NOT send an email at time of shipment like they did for the order receipt and acceptance.

It is not likely that I missed it to spam because all of the other emails came through fine.

I did notice that the two were worded slightly differently:

• Samsung Galaxy S7 edge-All colors: Ships as early as 3/7

• Samsung Gear VR Headset: Ships by 3/11

The phones will be held until the release date, and the Gear VR is under no such restriction.

No tracking on my vr's yet.

I wouldn't think there would be since it states Ships by 3/11 on both yours and mine. Maybe by 3/9 - 3/10 it will show the tracking #.

TS

Mine tracked out of Indy this morning.

No delivery update yet, I'd say tomorrow or Monday.

Its been a while since I've pre-order a phone so my memory may not be accurate. So by "tracked out" do you mean you actually got a tracking number or that the order was received? Mine says, "Your order for the Samsung Galaxy S7 edge has been received. Orders will begin shipping as early as 3/7. Keep an eye out for a shipping email with your tracking information." for each one including the VR Gears.

TS

The "tracked out" is for the Gear VR.  See above for all the relevant running conversation.

The VR Gear is on its way and DEPARTED Indianapolis on UPS after a weather delay.

The phone will not ship until closer to the release date.

I'll post a photo of the Gear VR once it is in my grubby paws.  I don't think it's compatible with the GS4 so I won't do much more than study about it until the phone arrives in a couple weeks.

• Like 1

Wow that is fast. I guess it also depends from where the devices are coming from. If they are coming from KC and it only took 2 days to get to you in MN, that is pretty fast.

Now the waiting game starts.

TS

The vr units are coming from the UPS main air hub in Louisville, KY, and I'd expect nothing less of the phones. Part of UPS's logistics management program I'd wager.

• Like 1

Interesting information:

tl;dr:   USA is getting a unified model.  The device will "lock" to whatever SIM is inserted on first boot and then install Carrier-specific stuff.  But per the Sprint DSU unlock you'll be able to unlock it after:

(1) 50 days on the Sprint network

AND

(2) Your lease / 2 year contract (if applicable) is paid off

In theory, then you can bring it to any carrier aftward (curious if VZW would allow the MEID for CDMA).

I wonder what this will mean for updates.  I assume it means unified updates.

Earlier today, a leaked slide from a Galaxy S7 and Galaxy S7 edge setup presentation surfaced online revealing that carrier-branded variants of the handsets will lock to the network of the first SIM card that’s inserted.

Galaxy-S7-SIM.jpg

http://www.sammobile.com/2016/02/25/the-galaxy-s7-and-galaxy-s7-edge-will-carrier-lock-to-the-first-inserted-sim/

Edited by jnadke
  • Like 2

AFAIK, choosing the Galaxy Forever program entails me giving up my unlimited ED1500 plan for a lease plan, which I nor my line members want to do. Paying $50 for unlimited everything is too good to give up.

I dont know where you got that information but its incorrect. Your plan and your purchase option are 2 seperate things, whether you do a 2 year contract, lease or eib the plan stays the same if you want to stay on a legacy plan and your phone payment goes on top of the plan if you lease/eib. On that plan you would be entitled to a $10 credit on a lease.

Im sure at one time some one tried to talk you into a new plan because for a while sprint paid us to do so. Marcelo changed that and now a corp employee doesnt give a f*ck how you buy your phone because we get paid the same no matter.

Sent from my SM-T377P using Tapatalk

• Like 3

I dont know where you got that information but its incorrect. Your plan and your purchase option are 2 seperate things, whether you do a 2 year contract, lease or eib the plan stays the same if you want to stay on a legacy plan and your phone payment goes on top of the plan if you lease/eib. On that plan you would be entitled to a $10 credit on a lease.

Im sure at one time some one tried to talk you into a new plan because for a while sprint paid us to do so. Marcelo changed that and now a corp employee doesnt give a f*ck how you buy your phone because we get paid the same no matter.

Sent from my SM-T377P using Tapatalk

That's good to know. I assume you work for Sprint right now? If so, I have a question.

Even if I'm not out of my current 2-yr contract, can I join the Galaxy Forever program & get a new phone? And I get to keep my ed1500 plan?

That's good to know. I assume you work for Sprint right now? If so, I have a question.

Even if I'm not out of my current 2-yr contract, can I join the Galaxy Forever program & get a new phone? And I get to keep my ed1500 plan?

I think i had one month left on my 2 yr contract but I still qualified for the lease option per line with the $10 credit per line for being on that same older plan. I could have waited until the contract was over and might have had the chance to just buy it at 199/299 upgrade pricing but sprint said they weren't sure if that will still be available at that time. But I am sure it will but I really wanted the s7 edge and so did my wife so I just sucked it up and leased it even though it will end up costing me more over a years time.

Sprint usually lets people in 2 year contracts upgrade as early at 13 months before their contract is up if they lease.

Sent from my SM-N910P using Tapatalk

Sprint usually lets people in 2 year contracts upgrade as early at 13 months before their contract is up if they lease.

Sent from my SM-N910P using Tapatalk

That's because they more than make up for it on the lease program profits.