As I was reading the iPhone 6S's supported intra-band CA band list, I noticed that 25-25 was on it. This made me wonder - in the markets that sprint has an additional B25 carrier, do they plan on aggregating it with the G-Block carrier to essentially deliver the speed of a 10x10 setup?

No.

Why wouldn't they want too. I don't know what the technological downsides would be if any but otherwise i don't see the point in not doing it. Its another way to boost speeds

Sent from my SM-G925P using Tapatalk

Why wouldn't they want too. I don't know what the technological downsides would be if any but otherwise i don't see the point in not doing it. Its another way to boost speeds

3GPP Rel 11/12/13

Sprints PCS equipment is not capable, yet. 

• Like 1

3GPP Rel 11/12/13

Sprints PCS equipment is not capable.

Ah got it. I did read something about band 41/25 and band 41/26 CA. Is sprints equipment able to to do and if so does sprint have an e.t.a on when

Ah got it. I did read something about band 41/25 and band 41/26 CA. Is sprints equipment able to to do and if so does sprint have an e.t.a on when

3GPP Rel 13.

The technology is not even done in the developement phase. Nevermind having the hardware for it. 

• Like 2

It's not a want thing. The release of LTE they deployed B25 with does not support CA. It will take an upgrade of the B25 network to do it. And with the other priorities on the front burner, I don't see them going through this trouble any time soon.

Using Tapatalk on BlackBerry Z30

• Like 2

I started typing my response long before all the replies. But my wife was distracting me for awhile. :)

Is there a forum or explanation on this site of what rel is. Ive never heard it before until now but i don't know what it is

http://www.unwiredinsight.com/2012/3gpp-lte-releases

to increase the bandwidth for band 25 doesnt need carrier CA. Sprint has 10x10 on band 25 in a couple of cities ive even heard that chicago might get it. Sprint should do CA where its band25/26. dont see that happening tho.

to increase the bandwidth for band 25 doesnt need carrier CA. Sprint has 10x10 on band 25 in a couple of cities ive even heard that chicago might get it. Sprint should do CA where its band25/26. dont see that happening tho.

10x10 nationwide would require shutting down a large chunk of the CDMA network, which Sprint isn't ready to do. Sprint currently cannot do CA with B25+B26 because that CA must be officially certified first.

I personally think B26 should not be aggregated with any other Band. In order for a user to use CA on B26 and any other Band, that means they could be using another Band altogether. And no one should be on B26 except for people who have no choice because they have no other LTE signal available. B26 is wasted to aggregate. It will never be useful to anyone else who can't use anything but B26.

B25 carrier aggregation could be useful with other B25 carriers. When Sprint can do this in the future, it will be useful.

However B25+B41 CA is also unnecessary and wasteful. Because if someone is in range of B41, there is no sense in them wasting B25 resources. They might as well be on B41 solely and possibly even let their device aggregate them with another B41 carrier. B41+B41 will always be better than B41+B25.

• Like 3

10x10 nationwide would require shutting down a large chunk of the CDMA network, which Sprint isn't ready to do. Sprint currently cannot do CA with B25+B26 because that CA must be officially certified first.

yep I know. vzw had to do that. atleast thin out 3G.

I personally think B26 should not be aggregated with any other Band. In order for a user to use CA on B26 and any other Band, that means they could be using another Band altogether. And no one should be on B26 except for people who have no choice because they have no other LTE signal available. B26 is wasted to aggregate. It will never be useful to anyone else who can't use anything but B26.

B25 carrier aggregation could be useful with other B25 carriers. When Sprint can do this in the future, it will be useful.

However B25+B41 CA is also unnecessary and wasteful. Because if someone is in range of B41, there is no sense in them wasting B25 resources. They might as well be on B41 solely and possibly even let their device aggregate them with another B41 carrier. B41+B41 will always be better than B41+B25.

So are you saying band 25 would with CA if more useful when and, if sprint ever has a 4th LTE band in the future?

I understand. I think Sprint needs to do something about speeds for users who aren't close enough to receive B41 if Marcelo is serious about becoming the #1 or #2 network. Doesn't T-Mobile have CA on B12? Not sure.

Sent from my LGLS991 using Tapatalk

I understand. I think Sprint needs to do something about speeds for users who aren't close enough to receive B41 if Marcelo is serious about becoming the #1 or #2 network. Doesn't T-Mobile have CA on B12? Not sure.

Sent from my LGLS991 using Tapatalk

Tmo may have the ability to run B12 CA through its network and devices, but it also actively shunts people on B12 over to B4 if they are in range of it.  They aren't going to let people who can use another band (that is much wider) waste resources on B12.  

You say that Sprint should do something about speeds for users who aren't close enough to receive B41.  The best thing they can do is kick people off B26 who could be using B25 or B41.  When B26 only has users on it that are only in overage of that band, B26 performs pretty darn well.  And if aggressively managed, it could run 10-30Mbps in most instances.

• Like 2