iOS 9

TheCUJuan

Now that we can load content blockers, may I humbly suggest Peace by Marco Arment? It's powered by Ghostery's block list, so it's air tight. 

I'm browsing in Safari SUPER FAST. Wow.

$2.99 -- worth every penny.

• Like 2

It's probably just the placebo effect but I swear I'm staying on LTE a lot better after the update. The last few weeks at work I would look and see I was on 3G or even 1x a lot. An airplane mode toggle wow fix it for a while. Today it's never lost LTE.

Sent from my iPhone 6+ using Tapatalk

It's probably just the placebo effect but I swear I'm staying on LTE a lot better after the update. The last few weeks at work I would look and see I was on 3G or even 1x a lot. An airplane mode toggle wow fix it for a while. Today it's never lost LTE.

This is very possible. iOS 8.4 brought along with it a disaster of carrier bundles. Hopefully this issue has been resolved ESPECIALLY since the new iPhone is releasing next week and the last thing Sprint should want is customers getting their iPhone 6s and being locked onto 3g or 1x, or a congested b25 or b26 when b41 is available. I haven't been out and about yet so I have no opinion on it yet.

From what I am experiencing in downtown Nashville, the new carrier bundle for Sprint (21.1) is doing a much better job in prioritization of which band it uses. Band 41 was the band of choice in the earlier bundle provided by Sprint.  My iPhone would have a death grip on 41 and not let go.  Even with toggling the airplane mode, the phone would eventually return on 41.  With all of the development that has happened in the area, 41 has been overloaded and very slow (< 1mb down/up) most times of the day.

Now with the new bundle, the phone will go to 41 but discover (I think) that the data speed is very slow and will switch to 26 and stay there.  Yesterday on 26, I did a Speedtest and saw 15 down and 6 up.  I hope this is the case.  It will make the experience for Sprint users more pleasant. 

• Like 1

I've yet to see an increase in battery life, so far it has been the same which is already what I'd consider reasonable at 5 hours once I get down to 32%. I charged before bed for a change to try battery saving mode. Went to bed with it at 97% and woke up at 95% compared to probably about 92% if I had done that before. So that appears to help some. 

Probably my worst problem with iOS 8 was the keyboard lag, now that's fixed but I now get a lag when sending messages where the text doesn't smoothly transition from the typing box to the message bubble all the time now. 

Overall this has been the least buggy iOS upgrade I've had since iOS5. 6, 7, and 8 all had some kind of problem that required me to restore 2-3 times before it working right. 

There are animation hiccups system wide for me. Not horrible, but they're present. I also have the text delay problem. I give it a week before Apple releases 9.0.1 to solve these issues.

• Like 2

image.jpg

Idk I have been experiencing good battery life or at least it feels like great battery life compared to when I had my 5c. Id only get like 5 hours of usage. Now I'm getting 6hrs 30 min to 7hrs 30 mins. Also today I used the power saver option when it go down to 20% unlike yesterday.

Now that we can load content blockers, may I humbly suggest Peace by Marco Arment? It's powered by Ghostery's block list, so it's air tight. 

I'm browsing in Safari SUPER FAST. Wow.

$2.99 -- worth every penny.

How does it compare to crystal? Crystal is .99

Another idiot with the golden goose who let his emotions restrict his cash flow. The same thing happened with the flappy bird creator. Let me code a number one app that brings in thousands upon thousands of dollars. I promise I won't have emotions.

Edit: or, some huge advertisers cut him a massive check to pull it so they can continue business as usual.

• Like 1

Another idiot with the golden goose who let his emotions restrict his cash flow. The same thing happened with the flappy bird creator. Let me code a number one app that brings in thousands upon thousands of dollars. I promise I won't have emotions.

Edit: or, some huge advertisers cut him a massive check to pull it so they can continue business as usual.

I think what happened is that his tech press friends (John Gruber, et Al.) got pissed that he was making $3 off their loss of revenue. Most of these tech blogs run ads from The Deck, which was rightfully blocked, so they saber-ratted.

I've dumped the Facebook app from my phone for now. Two days in a row, I've woken up to a loss of 15% battery because of that app. It was always running, and had 11 hours of background activity since I last charged up. That's quite terrible.