Say goodbye to the spinning Walmart Icon [Sprint retiring spark icon]

lilotimz

And the food zombie apocalypse continues to overrun S4GRU...

AJ

I have noticed our top topics on this fine website is of course Sprint followed closely by any type of food discussion. If this whole Sprint thing doesn't work out long term, I believe you and Robert have a future in a food blog.

• Like 6

It's unfortunate 1X can't be displayed as 1X, like it is with other carriers.  Without Signal Check (Pro) it's such a misleading icon.  Question though, does the iPhone show 1X on the Sprint network when on 1X?  I can't recall if it even had the Spark spinning sun logo after looking at my friends' phones.

• Like 2

It's unfortunate 1X can't be displayed as 1X, like it is with other carriers. Without Signal Check (Pro) it's such a misleading icon. Question though, does the iPhone show 1X on the Sprint network when on 1X? I can't recall if it even had the Spark spinning sun logo after looking at my friends' phones.

Yes it says 1x next to the signal bars

Sent from my SM-G925P using Tapatalk

Does it represent (bars) in real performance no more 1 bar crap .

Yes and it actually represents your connection's performance. You could have a strong signal but it could be congested and it will display one or no bars. It's what all signal indicators should go to, not just showing how strong of a signal you have but the quality and congestion of the network connection.

You guys are so software update happy.  The update is not going to cure cancer or change your life.  I often refuse updates for years, especially if they are OS updates.  And software developers, you obviously are hung up on change for the sake of change.

Anyway, somebody needs to preserve a handset sample with the Spark icon intact for the Robert M. Herron Museum of Modern Cellphones.

AJ

• Like 7

You guys are so software update happy. The update is not going to cure cancer or change your life. I often refuse updates for years, especially if they are OS updates. And software developers, you obviously are hung up on change for the sake of change.

Notification bar real estate is very precious and limited.
  • Like 1

I would prefer to just replace my signal bar/data type indicator completely with SignalCheck Pro.  Recover the space in my notification bar.

- Trip

I actually made that suggestion to the SignalCheck Pro gods.

• Like 2

I would prefer to just replace my signal bar/data type indicator completely with SignalCheck Pro. Recover the space in my notification bar.

- Trip

Yes DBM and Signal Type on the Notification bar....look at me I have -65 dbm....

Sent from my LGLS991 using Tapatalk

Yes and it actually represents your connection's performance. You could have a strong signal but it could be congested and it will display one or no bars. It's what all signal indicators should go to, not just showing how strong of a signal you have but the quality and congestion of the network connection.

Okay, I am ok with better signal indicators, but I always liked the the fact that Sprints Signal actually meant something. Nextel Signals used to be so overly weighted positive. I remember when AT&T used like 3 extra bars in Rainbow colors to emphasize that they were raising the bar.

Sent from my LGLS991 using Tapatalk

Displaying 3G while on 1x really bothers me, it's deceptive. I never had the privilege of seeing the icon on a device until recently and didn't like all the animation in the status bar anyway. :)

• Like 4

I have done Gino's East and Giordano's.  But the next time that I am in Chicago and can make it out to Morton Grove, I want to try Burt's Place.  Or if I cannot venture that far from the Near North Side where I usually stay at The Drake, I will do Pequod's Pizzeria, which Burt used to own.  There is a Pequod's location in Lincoln Park.

082608burtsveggiepizza%283%29.jpg

And the food zombie apocalypse continues to overrun S4GRU...

AJ

Deep Dish Pizza is a crime! Pizza crust needs to be thin!

• Like 4