Samsung Galaxy Note 5 User Thread

COZisBack

Is anyone's note 5 randomly shutting off? Mine has shut off twice today and once yesterday.

Sent from my SM-N920P using Tapatalk

Just did it a third time. Just shuts off and doesn't restart. I have to push the power button to turn it back on. Everytime it has happened when trying to leave a different app.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

In a galaxy far far away there came the Note 8.

So who's getting it. Well keep this in mind that Best Buy always undercuts its competitors.

http://bgr.com/2017/08/23/galaxy-note-8-best-buy-preorder-deal/

In a galaxy far far away there came the Note 8.

So who's getting it. Well keep this in mind that Best Buy always undercuts its competitors.

http://bgr.com/2017/08/23/galaxy-note-8-best-buy-preorder-deal/

• 2 weeks later...

Just got an update software on my device it looks to be a security update.

http://imgur.com/a/IKw5J

I just got a security update for August 1... Why did it take a whole month to get to me? I go in and manually check to see if there are any system updates regularly and it popped up on its own this morning.

That's due to the smaller one being a newer, different version that just came out.

But u looked at the system info for my phone and it says security update August, before u downloaded it, it was saying July.

• 1 month later...

So for my broken Note 5 I ordered a battery from amazon it was supposed to come today by 8pm... nope. Amazon thinks it's here, but it's not. So I bought a heat gun, a tool kit so I can dismantle the phone and proceeded to do so, but have nothing to put it. Was fun not too hard if you're technically inclined or can build your own PC etc. Hoping it's a dead battery and is the reason it will not take a charge, if not oh well a nice heavy paperweight. Damn battery better get here asap. :(

On 11/1/2017 at 8:28 PM, BlueAngel said:

So I bought a heat gun, a tool kit so I can dismantle the phone and proceeded to do so, but have nothing to put it. Was fun not too hard if you're technically inclined or can build ...

Did you watch a YouTube video on how to do the battery swap?  Have any useful links for us?  I've considered putting a new battery in my Note 5.  The battery just doesn't last as long as it used to anymore.  I really wish Samsung would figure out a way to keep the water resistance and dust-proofing while giving us the ability to swap batteries.  It isn't a matter of wanting to swap them on a regular basis (for me, although it is convenient to be able to do so), but rather after a couple years when the battery is beat.

Anyway, keep us posted on how it works out for you.  Good luck!

11 minutes ago, JamesBond007 said:

Did you watch a YouTube video on how to do the battery swap?  Have any useful links for us?  I've considered putting a new battery in my Note 5.  The battery just doesn't last as long as it used to anymore.  I really wish Samsung would figure out a way to keep the water resistance and dust-proofing while giving us the ability to swap batteries.  It isn't a matter of wanting to swap them on a regular basis (for me, although it is convenient to be able to do so), but rather after a couple years when the battery is beat.

Anyway, keep us posted on how it works out for you.  Good luck!

Just followed the ifixit guide pretty straight forward. Still waiting on my battery...

• 10 months later...

How would I go upon to getting my Note 5 unlocked? I switched to the Note 8 last year and still have my Note 5. I believe it's still locked. Phone is paid off as well.

I called Sprint and they put in a ticket to get it unlocked in 72 hours. But they didn't explain how it will get unlocked.