Where is 800mhz?

So I've been traveling around the US a lot lately and I have yet to pick up a B26 signal and I was wondering if anyone had a list of markets in which sprint has started to or finished deploying 800mhz LTE because I haven't seen any.

I would imagine well over half of Sprint's sites have B26 LTE live at this point.

San Francisco, Salt Lake City, Denver, Kansas City, Omaha, Wichita, Tulsa, Oklahoma City, Dallas, Austin, Houston, Minneapolis, Chicago, St. Louis, Memphis, Indianapolis, Nashville, Atlanta, Orlando, Tampa, Charlotte, Philadelphia, DC, New York, and Boston are covered to name a few.

• Like 1

It's also live in Portland (OR). I pick it up on my phone very frequently, and seemingly more and more B41 all the time.

So I've been traveling around the US a lot lately and I have yet to pick up a B26 signal and I was wondering if anyone had a list of markets in which sprint has started to or finished deploying 800mhz LTE because I haven't seen any.

If you're not picking it up anywhere, it sure makes you wonder if you have a device issue. It is common in the Oregon market, south of the Columbia River. In some markets, I sometimes wish it was less pervasive. Sometimes you can get stuck on it.

Using Nexus 6 on Tapatalk

• Like 2

We up here in North Dakota/Northern Minnesota have often heard of this rare B26 bird, but don't know if we'll ever see it fly up here. Or even that other rare bird-B41!

B26 worked really well for me in Oregon. It really filled in the gaps of B25.

Sauvie Island and deep in the Cascade Range were the only places I didn't have LTE.

I was even getting B41 in the basement of a restaurant in downtown Portland and B26 at Salt & Straw (Division St.)

• Like 4

What JimBob said, I get it in the elevator inside the brick building at my college, and that's just my phone. I use my mobile broadband device much more at the school since our WiFi is garbage.(tech school, go figure) and since it offers a much better bits/Hertz and wireless security is paramount to me.

As Robert said, chiggity check yo device before you wriggety wreck your network slice.

• Like 2

I live in Seattle so I know not to expect b26 for a few years but I'm currently out in Atlanta and I'm seeing nothing but b25 (I don't have a spark phone) and i drop to 3G every so often which is really annoying. Maybe I should get my phone checked out? Could it maybe be that not many towers out here have 800mhz equipment loaded onto them?

Edited by RAvirani

I think one needs at least a triband device too in order to get 800. I don't know if an iPhone 5S meets that criteria or not. Your location says you're in Seattle which is within the Canadian IBEZ too. I also reside in an IBEZ affected market and 800 of any flavor has only been found at sites at the southeastern fringes of my market which is Cleveland. It was briefly turned on at 800 accepted sites inside the IBEZ zone here, but hasn't been found since in over a year. :(

• Like 1

I think one needs at least a triband device too in order to get 800. I don't know if an iPhone 5S meets that criteria or not. Your location says you're in Seattle which is within the Canadian IBEZ too. I also reside in an IBEZ affected market and 800 of any flavor has only been found at sites at the southeastern fringes of my market which is Cleveland. It was briefly turned on at 800 accepted sites inside the IBEZ zone here, but hasn't been found since in over a year. :(

He said he is in Atlanta currently, and also yes, the iPhone 5S is B26 compatible.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Oh. Does anyone know if the i5S supports 800mhz? On the website it says B26 is supported but idk considering that I haven't been able to pick it up.

On mine, I constantly pick up both B25 and B26 in the Albuquerque market.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

He said he is in Atlanta currently, and also yes, the iPhone 5S is B26 compatible.

Yeah, but the iPhone 5S is not the best device on Sprint.  The dual band build was a half measure.  Additionally, the iPhone 5S has PRL and band selection quirks on Sprint.

Occam's razor.  The simplest explanation is the most likely explanation.  This goes back to Robert's suggestion that the issue is with the device.

AJ

• Like 1

The iPhone 5s is band 26 compatible. Apple and/or Sprint released a carrier update that ruined every iPhone's ability to pick up and hold onto LTE (whether it be a 5, 5s, 5c, 6, or 6+), so that could be an issue. But what is odd is that you are rarely seeing band 26, considering the problems that most of us iPhone owners are having is that we are rarely seeing anything OTHER than band 26. So, it could be a device issue.

-Anthony

Oh. Does anyone know if the i5S supports 800mhz? On the website it says B26 is supported but idk considering that I haven't been able to pick it up.

Yeah. Band 26 absolutely permeates this city (Atlanta). I pretty much only see band 41 or 26 (indoors). I rarely ever see 25.

In central Maryland/Baltimore, my iPhone 6 would park on band 26 most of the time. I rarely ever would see band 25 or 41 unless stationary very close to a tower. Band 25 on a iPhone 5 (not dual band device) will see pretty great speeds on band 25 now, since it seems dual and tri band phones are prioritizing 26 or 41.

Huh idk. The place I'm staying now is in Swanee. The DBM ranges from -102 B25 LTE to like -120 and I drop to 3G a lot. Taking it into an apple store today to get it checked out. I'll let you guys know what happens. Also out of curiosity, how much of an improvement is B26 compared to B25 and 1900mhz EVDO?

Edited by RAvirani

I see. I really wish I could access that because the constant drops to 3G are really annoying. People at the apple store said my phone was fine. Idk. Maybe sprint has my phone provisioned weird so I'll go and check with them when I get the chance.