Wahoo! US Cellullar (and other) EV-DO Roaming Is Live

Mr.Nuke

I think they're saying that USCC might be angling toward eventually being bought out, but they would have no leverage in any related negotiation if they allow potential suitors full roaming access on a pseudo-native basis.

Okay, I agree with your point about the buyout scenario but they better hope that buyout comes before Verizon steals all their customers. They will have very little leverage if they have very few subs. Their network and spectrum assets will still be worth something I guess.

Sent from my LGLS991 using Tapatalk

My Nexus 6 wont upgrade to the new. PRL's. It stays in 25025.

Close.  USCC still has a few PCS only markets -- Omaha is the most notable.  So, the LTE overlay is not entirely band 5.

AJ

I will also point out there are markets where USCC only has 850 so B5 is all they are able to offer.

- Trip

Ah! Good catch! It is showing up! This is HUGE! Western MD has great USCC coverage, my family out there uses them. Now I'll be able to load google maps and such. Even Verizon's coverage blows in Kitzmiller, MD ????????

I've been to kitzmiller...had zero service where i was!

Rickie

Sent from my LG-LS980 using Tapatalk

I've been to kitzmiller...had zero service where i was!

Rickie

Sent from my LG-LS980 using Tapatalk

You visited the 7 people that live in that town? Lol....two of my sisters and their families live in Kitzmiller.

This pseudo native evdo means what exactly? When I'm connected to US Cellular and on their EV-DO, is that counting as roaming data or native data?

Read the top post.  Not pseudo native.  S4GRU made that very clear.

AJ

This pseudo native evdo means what exactly? When I'm connected to US Cellular and on their EV-DO, is that counting as roaming data or native data?

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

If it was pseudo native then it would not count against your roaming data allotment. However it is not pseudo native.

Sent from my LGLS991 using Tapatalk

We're heading up to Maine on Monday. Hope to benefit from this. Last time we were there the native coverage was pretty poor. 

Maine is one of USCC best markets, central and northern maine better than southern but still nothing to sneeze at.

Maine is one of USCC best markets, central and northern maine better than southern but still nothing to sneeze at.

That's good to hear. We won't be farther north than Camden but I'm sure it will help. 

Looks like Appalachian Wireless was added. I went through there three months ago and it was all 1x.

Some looks like it has been removed as well. There uses to be a lot in southern Gerogia and all of West South Carolina was covered with 3g as well that is now missing.

I wonder when the LTE is going to go live!

• Like 1

Some looks like it has been removed as well. There uses to be a lot in southern Gerogia and all of West South Carolina was covered with 3g as well that is now missing.

I would have to double check, but that geography sounds like some of the Alltel markets VZW divested to ATN or AT&T.  Sprint's hands were tied.  EV-DO was shut down, even CDMA1X in some cases.

AJ

• Like 2

As far as Alltel, is not all Alltel going to be 3G?  I ran into Alltel in Floridia last week in Tampa and Northwest of Orlando but it was 1x only.

I hope that USCC will do LTE roaming. 

I also think that Sprint needs to merge this data with their LTE coverage maps.  Give some strength to their Spark map. 

As far as Alltel, is not all Alltel going to be 3G?  I ran into Alltel in Floridia last week in Tampa and Northwest of Orlando but it was 1x only.

Alltel no longer exists.  All of Alltel is now VZW or AT&T.  None of the Alltel markets in Florida were divested, so you were roaming on VZW.

AJ

• Like 1

Currently roaming on 1X in southwest Virginia approaching the Kentucky border. CellularInfo says channel 242. Was hoping for 3G...

Sent from my iPhone 6 Plus

And what PRL are you on?

CLR 850A block. Belongs to verizon in some areas and USCC in others. 

Any indication of who you were roaming on?

Depending on where you were it is Verizon IIRC. 

Alltel yeah, but not their assets. In Flordia I roamed on VZW but mostly Alltel as reported by Signal Checker Pro.

That Alltel is VZW.  Trust me, I know.

AJ

• Like 4

CLR 850A block. Belongs to verizon in some areas and USCC in others.

Any indication of who you were roaming on?

Depending on where you were it is Verizon IIRC.

Probably Verizon. SID 1749 if that helps?