Nope the SID/NID are going to be the same for a given area. The BID is the site specific identifier. This is a new one from what you had previously posted.

And it is outside of the normal time window for when a signal shows up. I'm going to keep watching try making a call, and sending text, data still doesn't show up.

And it is outside of the normal time window for when a signal shows up. I'm going to keep watching try making a call, and sending text, data still doesn't show up.

Yeah everything on this site, the SCP bsl address, the SID point to it being just outside of Kansas City. Trip's atmospheric theory is gaining some hold right now.

Yeah everything on this site, the SCP bsl address, the SID point to it being just outside of Kansas City. Trip's atmospheric theory is gaining some hold right now.

I'm not going to go with the atmospheric theory just yet. My devices have all been through quite a bit, the device I took my last screenshots on had been known to have signal issues, when I got it I had it replaced twice, becuase I couldn't get a signal in a strong coverage area, my Samsung Galaxy Victory 4G LTE has been dropped many many times and even has a big dent in the plastic on the right side, so there could be something with it and the Samsung Galaxy S 3 isn't active so it doesn't got the lastest network info. So I purchased an LG Tribute a Spark comaptible device for both my trip Kansas City next month and to see how the signal is with a new and Spark compatible device. I'll be sure to post screenshots when I get the device and a signal.

Yep exactly. Sprint could easily expand into the area with the NGN project. one 1x800 channel, 1 1x1900 channel, and an EVDO channel, plus LTE 1900/800 would get them customers sick of high verizon/ATT bills. And Tmobile doesnt exist out here, so they could get more subs

Next time you see the signal, dial ##DEBUG#, hit 1x, and take a screen shot of the PN. 

The signal is back, this time showing up again before it usually does, it first showed up at 11:13pm and it is 11:40pm now it's going in and out. I'm taking screen shots of the 1X Engineering mode screen. Will post them later, as the signal is slowly getting stronger first was at dBm of 124 now at 111, and it is slowly getting stronger.

If someone could post screenshot of their working signal in the 1X Engineering mode so I could compare before posting my screenshots that would be great.

Do you ever go outside when you pick up this signal? I'd bet if that's your signal inside you might be able to get something strong enough outside to actually use it. 

If someone could post screenshot of their working signal in the 1X Engineering mode so I could compare before posting my screenshots that would be great.

No, there is no need for anyone to do that.  Just post your engineering screenshots, and we will do the analysis.

AJ

Do you ever go outside when you pick up this signal? I'd bet if that's your signal inside you might be able to get something strong enough outside to actually use it. 

I have tried outside though I still can't use it. And I've tried multiple devices. And soon I'll be trying a fifth whenever it shows up next week, should've ordered the order night shipping. I'm currently waiting and watching the signal, each time its been coming in this morning it has been sticking around and staying connected longer and longer. And it as so far peaked at 93 dBm on 1X 800.

This use to happen when I had nextel in Carbondale il. My door room was on the 12 floor and at the time nextel didn't cover Cdale. But in my room I was able to get service part of the day,Night time mostly. When it would rain I would get sporadic service around town. But, On a clear sunny day though I wouldnt get anything.

After I graduated in '03 I think they finally added coverage a year or so later

I was looking online earlier about nextel and found an Iowa coverage map. From the looks of it that blue dot of coverage could have been right over me, The dot I'm talking about is the big blue coverage dot near the Missouri Iowa boarder where the coverage going up towards the Iowa boarder is. I've circled it in red on the map.

Njtudlu.jpg

• Like 1

I just tested my signal down stairs most of my signal test have been upstairs with 3 of them being outside. And I am getting a signal down stairs, and for about the last 3 minutes it has been holding onto the same location. Planning to go outside next and test it. In the process of writing this the location has begun changing to one of two different locations but it continues to show 1X 800.

Are you guys able to figure out what site he would be hitting with the PN?

Only in a few select markets where members have spreadsheets and the like that track everything.

Sent from my Nexus 5

Here are some screenshots from when I was outside a moment ago. I don't know how different they are from my others. I'll post my 1X Engineering screenshots in my next post which should be right after this one. If there are any big difference in signal over the next few hours I'll take screenshots and post them. I'm also going to go back out with another device and test out the signal again, and I'll post screenshots of it from the SignalCheck app and 1X Engineering screen when I do.

KfvIj1r.jpg

And as said here are the 1X Engineering screenshots. Again if anything big changes when it comes to the signal or when I test another device outside later this morning I'll be sure to take screenshots and post it.

GD6mysI.jpg

0me5DNX.jpg

Z9TGGFj.jpg

0zsS29f.jpg

http://www.dxinfocentre.com/tropo.html

Compare your future results with upcoming tropo conditions. I know FM and TV will act in very weird, yet interesting ways when the conditions are right. Mexican FM Radio stations are common in the hot summer nights throughout Central Texas and beyond. I once picked up an FM station from Tampico, TAMPS, MX in Houston, TX (that's over 600 miles). I've also been able to catch TV signals from Baton Rouge, LA (pre DTV of course). I highly doubt this would affect cellphone services and cause cell signals to travel long distances, but you'd never know.

Edited by greenbastard

This morning I spent a good amount of time outside, and my signal stayed. It was bouncing around, but I didn't loose it for more than a second. It wasn't until I came back inside that I lost signal again. Though I still couldn't use the signal, I'm going to be heading down into Missouri probably today so I'll see what I get. And when I do get a data signal I will make sure to test it out and mark where I'm at. Right now the signal is gone, but the phone is on the charger sitting where signal usually never reaches.

And as said here are the 1X Engineering screenshots. Again if anything big changes when it comes to the signal or when I test another device outside later this morning I'll be sure to take screenshots and post it.

This is a known Central Iowa site that we have data on.

yep, BID 2690 we have logged/confirmed already. its the very last tower in iowa along I-35 before crossing into MO. looks like it would be roughly 50 miles away as the crow flies. not impossible to get a signal that far away, when 1x800 started coming online around here i picked up a tower 62 miles away in my house, it was a very weak unusable signal, but it was there.

• Like 3

I experience an unusable signal all the time. I work on a boat off the coast of SC about 15 miles north of Myrtle Beach. I get a usable signal around 8 miles or so depending on exactly where we are. I often get a full signal past this but it doesn't work. There's quite a difference between all the companies on the ocean here. I'm surprised I can't get a signal farther out as it's open space. Sprint and VZW go about the same TMO goes further and ATT goes farther than all of them. we sometimes go 12-14 miles and ATT will work pretty much the whole time. I may be wrong but it seems like GSM travels further(usable) in open space.

I may be wrong but it seems like GSM travels further(usable) in open space.

Negative. It's just in your area, Tmo and AT&T have sectors pointed better over the water. VZW and Sprint may not be pointed directly over water at all. Sprint rarely tries to cover water outside of highest of trafficked areas. Most water coverage by Sprint is unintentional.

Using Nexus 6 on Tapatalk