Hey all I have a stealth site flag pole near my house ....I was wondering is there special hardware that has to be put inside the pole housing or does it use the standard antennas that get mounted on the anntena rack

• Like 1

Hey all I have a stealth site flag pole near my house ....I was wondering is there special hardware that has to be put inside the pole housing or does it use the standard antennas that get mounted on the anntena rack

I'd imagine these that are inside a "fake flag pole" are ground mounted sites.  But, I could be wrong.  I'm interested in this, myself.

Not sure if this is what you're asking, but Dbsynergy has posted permits that mention triband antennas. I think another member posted schematics that show triband antennas.  That would be equipment you usually don't see on a standard installation.

Not sure if this is what you're asking, but Dbsynergy has posted permits that mention triband antennas. I think another member posted schematics that show triband antennas. That would be equipment you usually don't see on a standard installation.

can you please post a link to the post....much appreciated

I'd imagine these that are inside a "fake flag pole" are ground mounted sites.  But, I could be wrong.  I'm interested in this, myself.

If there is room, most flag pole sites got new antennas, with ground mounted radios (GMR sites). This means that the site is technically a full build, but doesn't get the full benefit from having the radios mounted behind that antennas.

For some stealth sites, new antennas could not be added, so they were forced to make the site a GMO. These will likely be replaced over time with new sties.

As bigmachine said, some sites are being fitted with tri-band antennas for the B41 rollout, which means they have 3 RRUs mounted either in the tower, or on the ground. 

• Like 2

For some stealth sites, new antennas could not be added, so they were forced to make the site a GMO. These will likely be replaced over time with new sties.

Ugh. That explains why my home site (a GMR'd sad tiny excuse for a flagpole) doesn't have any 800 RRUs on the ground. I doubt there's room for NV antennas under the flagpole cover.

But for some reason there are 800RRU inspection stickers on the RF splitters.

Ugh. That explains why my home site (a GMR'd sad tiny excuse for a flagpole) doesn't have any 800 RRUs on the ground. I doubt there's room for NV antennas under the flagpole cover.

But for some reason there are 800RRU inspection stickers on the RF splitters.

If it has legacy antennas and no 800 RRU, then it would be considered a GMO. 

• Like 1

I have pictures of the tower equipment but...there is a privacy fence so I did the best I could with the pictures

Well it wasn't in Robert's original list of GMOs and it got 1900 LTE (and has 800RRU inspection stickers) so I assumed it was a GMR. But I've never actually seen the antennas so I guess it might be a GMO that was never registered on Sprint's end as being one. It covers many dense suburbs so it would suck if it were on the low priority list.

CRxxXCxxx if anyone is interested.

Oops I thought this was in the sponsor forum.

Well it wasn't in Robert's original list of GMOs and it got 1900 LTE (and has 800RRU inspection stickers) so I assumed it was a GMR. But I've never actually seen the antennas so I guess it might be a GMO that was never registered on Sprint's end as being one. It covers many dense suburbs so it would suck if it were on the low priority list.

CR03XC146 if anyone is interested.

The original GMO list is not nearly comprehensive. Some markets we never got information, some markets the plans changed incredibly form the original information. None of the sites in my city were on the GMO list, but more than half of them ended up being GMOed.

• Like 1

The original GMO list is not nearly comprehensive. Some markets we never got information, some markets the plans changed incredibly form the original information. None of the sites in my city were on the GMO list, but more than half of them ended up being GMOed.

I even have pictures of the cabinets

I have pictures of the tower equipment but...there is a privacy fence so I did the best I could with the pictures

I even have pictures of the cabinets

OK.... are you going to share them or just tell us about them?

The site may not allow for upgrades. 

Look to be a extremely tight fit that may warrant structural modifications especially to Sprints leased area to accomodate the much larger modern antennas.

Look to be a extremely tight fit that may warrant structural modifications especially to Sprints leased area to accomodate the much larger modern antennas.

does it look like it needs modifications

• 1 year later...