Spark LTE but off-network Roaming?

modplan

I'm heading to an area this weekend that is listed on the coverage maps as being "Fair" Spark LTE, but the entire area is listed as off-network roaming if you switch to the voice tab, like no native coverage within MILES.

What am I to expect with my single-path eCSFB device? And what would cause this? Could it be a map error?

I'm heading to an area this weekend that is listed on the coverage maps as being "Fair" Spark LTE, but the entire area is listed as off-network roaming if you switch to the voice tab, like no native coverage within MILES.

What am I to expect with my single-path eCSFB device? And what would cause this? Could it be a map error?

Where specifically? Could i t be a Protection Site now offering B41???

Using Moto X² on Tapatalk

I found it, it is Site #RA33XC031.  It is just that the LTE and Spark coverage are shown to be much more generous than the 3G.  Most likely the LTE/Spark will cover more like the voice coverage shown.

• Like 2

I found it, it is Site #RA33XC031.  It is just that the LTE and Spark coverage are shown to be much more generous than the 3G.  Most likely the LTE/Spark will cover more like the voice coverage shown.

Including 1x? Because it says roaming for voice. If so, will my N5 connect to LTE without 1x? I thought no for eCSFB

Edit: Whoops sorry, misread your post. Got it. 

Including 1x? Because it says roaming for voice. If so, will my N5 connect to LTE without 1x? I thought no for eCSFB

Edit: Whoops sorry, misread your post. Got it. 

Yeah, there are tons of instances I have seen where the 1x coverage is shown less than the LTE 1900 or LTE 2600, even though that really is not possible.  The voice maps are pretty accurate, but the LTE grossly overstative.

• Like 1

Yeah, there are tons of instances I have seen where the 1x coverage is shown less than the LTE 1900 or LTE 2600, even though that really is not possible.  The voice maps are pretty accurate, but the LTE grossly overstative.

Agreed!!