IBEZ 800MHz Retrofit

2 hours ago, squigey said:

Thanks for the heads up! In Ventura county, it looks like they started submitting permits in October. 

Here's a description of one of the permits:

Install (2) new 800/1900 MHz panel antennas, Install (2) new 800/2500 MHz, Install (4) 800 MHz RRHs and [1] new 2500 MHz RRH's.

Ventura county is not in the IBEZ I thought?  I thought the zone begins around long beach / compton and southwards?

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, lilotimz said:

Ventura county is not in the IBEZ I thought?  I thought the zone begins around long beach / compton and southwards?

I'm not sure...I've never seen band 26 in Ventura county or for that matter Santa Barbara county.

Was it due to San Bernadino public safety? 

The RRU's have always been there though since network vision started, at least at the sites I've been to.

3 minutes ago, squigey said:
I'm not sure...I've never seen band 26 in Ventura county or for that matter Santa Barbara county.
Was it due to San Bernadino public safety? 
The RRU's have always been there though since network vision started, at least at the sites I've been to.

Was my understanding they could and have deployed 1x800 where they could right up to the exclusion zone. There's no B26 due to spectrum not being available as a sideffect of the IBEZ but they have deployed what they could. 

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

8 hours ago, Brynn0823 said:

Oh ok nice. So does this mean the rebaning has been complete and 800mhz is ready to be rolled out ? When would it start ?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This does not mean the rebranding is complete, BUT the fact that they are installing new equipment where it did not exist is promising.

2 hours ago, Brynn0823 said:

I’m gonna take an educated guess and say we’re looking at summer 2018. Earliest

Well, we saw the first B26 LTE sites go live in Western Washington market about 2 months after the first sites were applied for permits.  Because not all B26 sites will require permitting.  So the first ones will likely be much sooner than Summer 2018.

Well, we saw the first B26 LTE sites go live in Western Washington market about 2 months after the first sites were applied for permits.  Because not all B26 sites will require permitting.  So the first ones will likely be much sooner than Summer 2018.

So sprint applied for permits for SoCal ? How long ago was this ?

The site in question in venture county. It's not in the ibez.

1 hour ago, S4GRU said:

Mexico will clear by then?

3 minutes ago, bucdenny said:

Mexico will clear by then?

I have no idea.  Mexico doesn't keep their schedule with me. I was just sharing that some sites will go faster than the permits for 800 because some sites won't require them.  That is, when they finally are free to start deploying. It was not a crystal ball comment.

15 hours ago, S4GRU said:
I have no idea.  Mexico doesn't keep their schedule with me. I was just sharing that some sites will go faster than the permits for 800 because some sites won't require them.  That is, when they finally are free to start deploying. It was not a crystal ball comment.

So some sites may not need permits to be deployed and those sites could come on line faster ?? Am I understanding that ? Is it entirely possible to roll it before Mexico clears it or is it a process of clearance then it can be rolled out to non permitted sites ?

12 hours ago, Brynn0823 said:

So some sites may not need permits to be deployed and those sites could come on line faster ?? Am I understanding that ? Is it entirely possible to roll it before Mexico clears it or is it a process of clearance then it can be rolled out to non permitted sites ?

No, Mexico must clear first. However, if Sprint is beginning entitlements, they must feel that is imminent.

7 hours ago, S4GRU said:
No, Mexico must clear first. However, if Sprint is beginning entitlements, they must feel that is imminent.

Crossing my fingers then....b26 should help close the gaps here in SoCal. Here’s to hoping some miracle happens at the start of the new year [emoji482][emoji481]

• Like 1

On 11/7/2017 at 3:03 PM, lilotimz said:

Was my understanding they could and have deployed 1x800 where they could right up to the exclusion zone. There's no B26 due to spectrum not being available as a sideffect of the IBEZ but they have deployed what they could. 

How much spectrum is available? Ventura county has had 1x800 for quite a while, but I've never have seen B26. 

It would probably have made it through the building at my old company, as it was a concrete tilt up. I got band 41 by my desk, since it was next to a window, but mostly 3g in the interior of the building.

How much spectrum is available? Ventura county has had 1x800 for quite a while, but I've never have seen B26. 
It would probably have made it through the building at my old company, as it was a concrete tilt up. I got band 41 by my desk, since it was next to a window, but mostly 3g in the interior of the building.
Enough for 1x800. Potentially enough for 1.4 or 3 MHz. I thought Robert says he has info on 800 lte sites being accepted going up to the exclusion zone?

• Like 1

Enough for 1x800. Potentially enough for 1.4 or 3 MHz. I thought Robert says he has info on 800 lte sites being accepted going up to the exclusion zone?

So far no movement on 800 in Yuma area.

Sent from my 2PS64 using Tapatalk

12 minutes ago, Hypeo said:

So far no movement on 800 in Yuma area.

Yuma is in IBEZ.

The area we're talking about is outside the IBEZ but affected by it due to proximity. 

• 2 weeks later...
7 hours ago, newgroundsguru said:

So hopfilly next year they will get 2500 and 800 to Tucson? Sill only 1900 and when i go in a building it drops to 3G. Also i don't know what is wrong with the 3G but the phone says im offline.. Its useless.

I was in Tucson for a couple of days lat week.  Visiting a relative.  I did encounter some  Band 41 at times.  It is not everywhere, but it looked like it was in progress.     I did notice that in areas with only Band 25, it mostly was weak signal strength and very slow. It surely is a sore spot. It does need some major attention and soon.

While I was not familiar with the actual location of the sites, I would suspect that sites without Band 41 might actually be ground mount sites. I just was not able to take time to locate any cell sites and look at them.  I would guess that any upgrade to B-41 would cause the ground mounts to become top mounted.  Band 26 antennas probably are on the sites if they have band 41 added. It would make sense to place all the antennas and radios at the proper place and then eventually turn on band 26 when they can.

It seemed that the spacing on the sites are worse than normal probably due to flat land and very few tall buildings. They probably need to start adding some mini-macros  to cover the areas that were in-between the old 1900 sites that were too widely spaced.

I  also visited Tombstone while in the area.  Roamed on AT&T LTE and Verizon CDMA voice while there. Sprint was missing. I made a phone call on the Verizon 1x and also used the AT&T LTE.  After one week, looking at Sprint.com, I see nothing to indicate that I will be charged for the use on the other networks.

• Love 1

I was in Tucson for a couple of days lat week.  Visiting a relative.  I did encounter some  Band 41 at times.  It is not everywhere, but it looked like it was in progress.     I did notice that in areas with only Band 25, it mostly was weak signal strength and very slow. It surely is a sore spot. It does need some major attention and soon.
While I was not familiar with the actual location of the sites, I would suspect that sites without Band 41 might actually be ground mount sites. I just was not able to take time to locate any cell sites and look at them.  I would guess that any upgrade to B-41 would cause the ground mounts to become top mounted.  Band 26 antennas probably are on the sites if they have band 41 added. It would make sense to place all the antennas and radios at the proper place and then eventually turn on band 26 when they can.
It seemed that the spacing on the sites are worse than normal probably due to flat land and very few tall buildings. They probably need to start adding some mini-macros  to cover the areas that were in-between the old 1900 sites that were too widely spaced.
I  also visited Tombstone while in the area.  Roamed on AT&T LTE and Verizon CDMA voice while there. Sprint was missing. I made a phone call on the Verizon 1x and also used the AT&T LTE.  After one week, looking at Sprint.com, I see nothing to indicate that I will be charged for the use on the other networks.
Yuma is in the same market as Tucson. The area is very deprived of any network enhancements. There are many areas with 3G coverage.

• 2 weeks later...