IBEZ 800MHz Retrofit

Let the B26 deployment begin in SoCal!

I am not quite sure.  According to similar monthly report back in Dec 2015, southern and northern california were already cleared.  Actually the monthly report for Dec 2015 is no different than the one filed on May 2, 2016.

San Diego is horrific. The worst experience on sprint by far. I don't understand why anyone who lives there would choose sprint. But Phoenix has a very serviceable network and one that could easily be a number one in the valley.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I was in San Diego the past 4 weeks for work and Sprint was acceptable.  Service at the airport was actually the worst part of it - but I had no issues other than that.  I was doing work near the baseball park, and stayed at the Hilton Bayfront and the Hilton Mission Valley.  No issues in either of those two areas.  I'm sure B26 would be a welcome addition, but the network was usable.

• Like 1

I was in San Diego the past 4 weeks for work and Sprint was acceptable. Service at the airport was actually the worst part of it - but I had no issues other than that. I was doing work near the baseball park, and stayed at the Hilton Bayfront and the Hilton Mission Valley. No issues in either of those two areas. I'm sure B26 would be a welcome addition, but the network was usable.

I've noticed sprint to be pretty bad in most airports (at least compared to AT&T on which I rarely see anything other than 5 bars on LTE at airports). Just my experience.

I've noticed sprint to be pretty bad in most airports (at least compared to AT&T on which I rarely see anything other than 5 bars on LTE at airports). Just my experience.

They only airport I've seen Sprint blow away competition is O'Hare... regularly over 100 down.

• Like 1

I heard some licenses for band 26 has gotten cleared for southern California

Let the B26 deployment begin in SoCal!

This page refers only to *NON-BORDER* regions. So places like San Diego and southern LA are not included. I do not believe the spectrum has been cleared yet.

However, it may indicate that San Bernardino is good to go, which would be good news for Las Vegas. I cannot confirm that though, so don't get too excited just yet.

So is Arizona good to go !

I am not sure what this means for Arizona. I have not seen any updates on that front recently.

This page refers only to *NON-BORDER* regions. So places like San Diego and southern LA are not included. I do not believe the spectrum has been cleared yet.

However, it may indicate that San Bernardino is good to go, which would be good news for Las Vegas. I cannot confirm that though, so don't get too excited just yet.

I am not sure what this means for Arizona. I have not seen any updates on that front recently.

I figured something didn't sound right. I live in lake Elsinore which I think is part of San Bernadino or riverside county. Riverside is next to Bernadino so does that mean if this is true lake Elsinore may make the cut ???

I figured something didn't sound right. I live in lake Elsinore which I think is part of San Bernadino or riverside county. Riverside is next to Bernadino so does that mean if this is true lake Elsinore may make the cut ???

I would assume so...

• Like 1

I would assume so...

I hope bro, now what about Orange County ? Or is that considered southern LA?

Robert mentioned in another thread that this same data has been posted before... when we know that San Bernardino was not clear. So it's possible this means nothing at all for the affected areas.

I included OC in southern LA ( though they are separate markets)

Sent from my LGLS991 using Tapatalk

Robert mentioned in another thread that this same data has been posted before... when we know that San Bernardino was not clear. So it's possible this means nothing at all for the affected areas.

I included OC in southern LA ( though they are separate markets)

Sent from my LGLS991 using Tapatalk

Gotcha. Which other thread was it ? I only posted in this one since it pertains to it specially

They only airport I've seen Sprint blow away competition is O'Hare... regularly over 100 down.

O'Hare is good, all served by nearby B41 macros. SFO is also pretty good, B41 in a ring of sites surrounding the airport and fast B25/B26 on their internal DAS. The DAS came online a few months before the Superbowl.

Sent from my Nexus 6P

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Hopefully soon for San Diego. A lot of areas and indoors are often only 3G or 1x. Still waiting for those small cells and micro sites to show up while we wait for 800 MHz.

Exactly. It's crazy it's taken so long. At this point I'm praying for everything to be cleared by 2018 lol

• Like 2

• 4 months later...

It just seems like SoCal is never gonna get green lighted to launch 800 MHz LTE.

I was hoping before I die and I'm 35 now. I heard something about 3X3 instead of 5X5 getting launched but not sure where or if that's even true.

I was hoping before I die and I'm 35 now. I heard something about 3X3 instead of 5X5 getting launched but not sure where or if that's even true.

Yeah I read that it could be a possibility but at this point we have no idea how much 800 MHz spectrum has been cleared to launch anything.  It seems like what is holding the effort is Mexico needs to reband first in order for SB county public safety to start to reband.  Ultimately we need SB county to reband entirely before LA/OC county can start to deploy 800 MHz LTE. So that tells me that there is no way that even 3x3 MHz has been cleared to even deploy 3x3 LTE in San Diego.

Yeah I read that it could be a possibility but at this point we have no idea how much 800 MHz spectrum has been cleared to launch anything. It seems like what is holding the effort is Mexico needs to reband first in order for SB county public safety to start to reband. Ultimately we need SB county to reband entirely before LA/OC county can start to deploy 800 MHz LTE. So that tells me that there is no way that even 3x3 MHz has been cleared to even deploy 3x3 LTE in San Diego.

God this is a mess. I'm near corona myself. Band 26 is help fill those gaps

God this is a mess. I'm near corona myself. Band 26 is help fill those gaps

Totally agree man. Yes SoCal badly needs B26 LTE as well as BC10 CDMA.  I know some areas have BC10 CDMA but its just rare and totally random when you connect to 1x800.  Tmobile probably has better indoor/outdoor coverage now in SoCal since they have been actively deploying B12 LTE all over LA/OC counties.

• Like 1

Totally agree man. Yes SoCal badly needs B26 LTE as well as BC10 CDMA. I know some areas have BC10 CDMA but its just rare and totally random when you connect to 1x800. Tmobile probably has better indoor/outdoor coverage now in SoCal since they have been actively deploying B12 LTE all over LA/OC counties.

They for sure do...sadly, at this rate, the 600mhz spectrum might be clear for use before SMR. Lol

• Like 1