IBEZ 800MHz Retrofit

The buyouts haven't been accepted by any of the Mexican Operators AFAIK. In fact now that AT&T bought out Iusacell it might be longer. There is a meeting later this month with the operators. A few have even been adding more and more customers. The Mexican government is not 'giving' any replacement spectrum. Rebanding on 26 in the south is up to Sprint/Softbank either spending the money to make it worth going out of business or offering a plan to split 800SMR in a way everyone can use it and be in business. For example put CDMA on 800SMR so that the Mexican Operators can do GSM, UMTS or CDMA since iDEN is getting harder to support.

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

So it's save to say that El paso and tuscon.....won't see any b26 for in the near future... i am in the El paso market my self... i have seen a offical document by the FCC stating that the 800 mhz here is owned by a guy locally and he can't seem to reach an agreement with sprint.... (so money is the issue im sure)

Sent from my SM-G928P using Tapatalk

The buyouts haven't been accepted by any of the Mexican Operators AFAIK. In fact now that AT&T bought out Iusacell it might be longer. There is a meeting later this month with the operators. A few have even been adding more and more customers. The Mexican government is not 'giving' any replacement spectrum. Rebanding on 26 in the south is up to Sprint/Softbank either spending the money to make it worth going out of business or offering a plan to split 800SMR in a way everyone can use it and be in business. For example put CDMA on 800SMR so that the Mexican Operators can do GSM, UMTS or CDMA since iDEN is getting harder to support.

Seems like the el paso market will be faced with sprint biggest issue of getting b41/b26 live and running here... but i still us getting 41 way way before 26

In your honest opinion.... when do you think is a realistic time frame until sprint can even get started here on any of the upgrades.... the network ticket team had a few macro sites going up here in early 2016 but all that has been put on hold

• 1 month later...

Also how many miles from a tower that has 800mhz LTE can it actually travel ? The nearest tower from my job is almost 7 miles away and it only has 1900mhz since I'm in Southern California and we don't have 800 because of the holdup on that spectrum. I'm asking that question of how far it travels so that I know when we do finally get the approval that it's ready to be rolled out so I can finally start seeing stronger inbuilding signal at work.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Does anyone know when the reband 800mhz will be cleared up for Southern California, Phoenix Arizona markets? we need that spectrum bad

Phoenix doesn't need the spectrum. Phoenix could be densified and never see b26 and have an extremely competitive.

I beg to differ. Band 41 is incredible there but in building penetration is horrid and I'm being polite in saying that. I travel there once a month to see my kids.

I beg to differ. Band 41 is incredible there but in building penetration is horrid and I'm being polite in saying that. I travel there once a month to see my kids.

I live here. In the east valley I have either b25 or b41 in doors most places I go. Small cells and 20 or so macro sites and Phoenix would be excellent.

Mesa and chandler coverage is solid. But west Phoenix there's too many holes. Band 41 speeds in Mesa I pulled 110mbps. It was glorious. I'm in Southern California so its geographically challenging to have great coverage here for sprint on 1900mhz band. Tower spacing here is horrific. I fall back on 3G more then I would like. At least 800mhz plus small cells would solve it. Immediately

• Like 1

San Diego is horrific. The worst experience on sprint by far. I don't understand why anyone who lives there would choose sprint. But Phoenix has a very serviceable network and one that could easily be a number one in the valley.

• Like 1

Meh I live about 45 mins from Diego, was just there last weekend. Band 41 is all over the place. Just isn't dense enough and again the lack of 800mhz in SoCal is glaring. But speeds were excellent however.

• Like 1

Yeah, I was in WA, lacked 800MLTE.  Where there was LTE, speeds were great.  Two carriers on B25 and two carriers on B41 most places as well.  The 800LTE would be good though for stronger signal between towers.  I didn't see much 1x800 other than close to the OR boarder.  As soon as I crossed into OR and picked up an OR tower, B26 was there waiting. :-D

Also how many miles from a tower that has 800mhz LTE can it actually travel ? The nearest tower from my job is almost 7 miles away and it only has 1900mhz since I'm in Southern California and we don't have 800 because of the holdup on that spectrum. I'm asking that question of how far it travels so that I know when we do finally get the approval that it's ready to be rolled out so I can finally start seeing stronger inbuilding signal at work.

It is highly dependent on the site, how it is configured, the geography, building materials, foliage, etc. Depending on device and all the other factors, it can be as much as 10 miles, or as little as a few blocks. On an optimized site, Band 26 generally comes in with a signal 5 to 10dB stronger than Band 25.

• Like 3

San Diego is horrific. The worst experience on sprint by far. I don't understand why anyone who lives there would choose sprint. But Phoenix has a very serviceable network and one that could easily be a number one in the valley.

Debateable bro, I live on the outter skirts of Diego and go into town every weekend. Your experience doesn't equate to everyone's.

• Like 1

Also how many miles from a tower that has 800mhz LTE can it actually travel ?

Energy cannot be created nor destroyed, only transferred.  The correct propagation distance is ∞.

So, in 25 years, yes, the aliens in the Vega system will be listening to your inane phone calls and receiving your "sexts."

AJ

• Like 1

• 5 weeks later...

Do we have anything new to report about the 800mhz for Southern California or is it still being held hostage currently ?

I think they will start deploying when trump's wall is built...[emoji14]

Sent from my LGLS992 using Tapatalk

• Like 1

I think they will start deploying when trump's wall is built...[emoji14]

Sent from my LGLS992 using Tapatalk

LMAOOOOOOO. Comment of the year bro. Also, that wouldn't shock me whatsoever. That's the ironic part.

• 4 weeks later...

Debateable bro, I live on the outter skirts of Diego and go into town every weekend. Your experience doesn't equate to everyone's.

It depends on the phone too. For instance, my dad's Samsung phone actually gets LTE in my apartment, whereas the iPhones in my family do not.

As for B26, I wonder if Sprint should just give up on it ever coming to SD in a reasonable timeframe and accelerate small cell deployment instead. The occasional FCC reports about 800MHz don't seem to have changed much over the last 6-12mos for the southern IBEZ anyway.

It depends on the phone too. For instance, my dad's Samsung phone actually gets LTE in my apartment, whereas the iPhones in my family do not.

As for B26, I wonder if Sprint should just give up on it ever coming to SD in a reasonable timeframe and accelerate small cell deployment instead. The occasional FCC reports about 800MHz don't seem to have changed much over the last 6-12mos for the southern IBEZ anyway.

But is it low coverage LTE ? My iPhone prefers 3G if its in a low coverage LTE area

But is it low coverage LTE ? My iPhone prefers 3G if its in a low coverage LTE area

"Low coverage"?

For what it's worth the Samsung was showing something like -115 to -120ish dBm of B25 in SignalCheck and also bounced between both B25 carriers pretty often.