IBEZ 800MHz Retrofit

Yeah, Band 12 is T-Mobile's issue, not Sprint, right?

There are other carriers using Band 12, so no, it's not T-Mobile's problem only.

Sent from Josh's iPhone 6+ using Tapatalk 3.1.1

So here's a question - I am due for an upgrade in August (currently on a non-Spark 5s). Is it worth hanging on to upgrade to a 6/6s or other Spark compatible device in the Detroit area? By August should I see improved download speeds (better than the mostly less and 1 Mbps I get now)?

Thanks.

I am seeing a LOT of LTE 2.5 (B41) around. Even near home (Orion Township), I am seeing 40+ Mbps speeds sometimes.

• Like 1

There are other carriers using Band 12, so no, it's not T-Mobile's problem only.

Sent from Josh's iPhone 6+ using Tapatalk 3.1.1

Can anyone verify this article?  I'm not sure how to find the LTE bands for Sprint phones.  But, this looks promising.

http://www.tmonews.com/2015/01/apple-starts-selling-iphone-6-and-6-plus-with-wider-lte-support/

Can anyone verify this article? I'm not sure how to find the LTE bands for Sprint phones. But, this looks promising.

http://www.tmonews.com/2015/01/apple-starts-selling-iphone-6-and-6-plus-with-wider-lte-support/

So Tmo is switching from the ATT model to the Sprint model. In reality, all four national providers could use the Sprint model. There should only be one SKU. This was always about VZW and ATT protectionism to prevent their iPhone customers from jumping ship.

Using Moto X² on Tapatalk

• Like 3

I'm very interested in experiencing Band 26 (800Mhrz) LTE, can't wait. Hope they're as fast with Band 26, as they were with Band 25 and Band 41.

• Like 1

I'm very interested in experiencing Band 26 (800Mhrz) LTE, can't wait. Hope they're as fast with Band 26, as they were with Band 25 and Band 41.

band 26 for lte is only a 5 by 5 MHz slice ....so it will only be better for coverage band 41 is better for speed but horrible for coverage

band 26 for lte is only a 5 by 5 MHz slice ....so it will only be better for coverage band 41 is better for speed but horrible for coverage

Well, hopefully carrier aggregation will help with the separate LTE band issues, and to be able to bring them together, as a single LTE band.

• Like 1

Well, hopefully carrier aggregation will help with the separate LTE band issues, and to be able to bring them together, as a single LTE band.

Not really, carrier aggregation in B41 will give you the faster peak speeds, but there is no point in aggregating between 800 and 1900, would rather have them open for inbuilding and such.

What MHz are Band 41 and Band 25 at? Also, I thought Sprint had all the 800 LTE.

What MHz are Band 41 and Band 25 at? Also, I thought Sprint had all the 800 LTE.

Band 41 is 2500-2600 MHz, Band 25 is pretty much the entire 1900 MHz PCS band. And Sprint owns all of the SMR/ESMR spectrum, which is what is commonly referred to as 800. The other chunks of 800 MHz spectrum are owned by Verizon and AT&T (and maybe some small regional carriers), and that is commonly referred to as 850 MHz.

-Anthony

• Like 1

Band 41 is 2500-2600 MHz, Band 25 is pretty much the entire 1900 MHz PCS band. And Sprint owns all of the SMR/ESMR spectrum, which is what is commonly referred to as 800. The other chunks of 800 MHz spectrum are owned by Verizon and AT&T (and maybe some small regional carriers), and that is commonly referred to as 850 MHz.

-Anthony

I was asking because he said Band 26 was 5 by 5 MHz. I was wondering what the other bands were.

Any word of any more Band 25 coming?

There may be a second Band 25 carrier in some areas, it's already deployed in the Chicago market, a couple Ohio markets and the Shentel market. However, most other markets will have to clear out current CDMA usage to be able to deploy a second carrier. That will take quite a while, if it's even possible.

• 6 months later...

Anyone know,  is there any more news on 800MHz in the Great Lakes region (Mainly Michigan and Detroit burbs)?  

I was able to pull 4G down for the first time in my house last week.  (1 bar).  I ran Speed test, was faster, but not by much compared to 3G.   Am really hoping to experience 4G and see more than 3 bars on my HTC One in house.    Hoping 800 is being deployed as we speak?  Anyone know?

Anyone know,  is there any more news on 800MHz in the Great Lakes region (Mainly Michigan and Detroit burbs)?  

I was able to pull 4G down for the first time in my house last week.  (1 bar).  I ran Speed test, was faster, but not by much compared to 3G.   Am really hoping to experience 4G and see more than 3 bars on my HTC One in house.    Hoping 800 is being deployed as we speak?  Anyone know?

I live in Portland, I've been getting random B10/800Mhz CDMA from a site in Eagle, near I-96 in the last month.  This is the farthest east I've gotten an eSMR signal.  No B26/800Mhz LTE connections yet, I don't have a spectrum analyzer to see if there is a carrier broadcasting.

All the sites I've seen in Lansing were built out with Dual Band antennas, so whenever Sprint has the clearance, they can fire up both B10 CDMA and B26 LTE.

1X800 is active around the Coldwater, MI area now.  Started up sometime last week while I was gone on a business trip.  Progress!

• Like 2

1X800 is active around the Coldwater, MI area now.  Started up sometime last week while I was gone on a business trip.  Progress!

Absolutely good news!   Very exciting!

Wait what? Tucson aka 100 miles from Mexico here, does this mean B26/ 800 1x is on the way? Link?

I've been working a rf project in socal and southern Arizona. Last week I drove I8 San Diego to El Paso with a spectrum analyzer and there isn't a 5x5 block open any where near population. So no band 26 for a while. Most of it was small channels from Mexico but in San Diego, El Centro, Yuma, Tucson and El Paso all had 800mhz on the US side. I know Motorola is doing Pima county rebranding now, but there still seems to be southern iDEN running.

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

• Like 2

I've been working a rf project in socal and southern Arizona. Last week I drove I8 San Diego to El Paso with a spectrum analyzer and there isn't a 5x5 block open any where near population. So no band 26 for a while. Most of it was small channels from Mexico but in San Diego, El Centro, Yuma, Tucson and El Paso all had 800mhz on the US side. I know Motorola is doing Pima county rebranding now, but there still seems to be southern iDEN running.

I would think that'd almost certainly be Airpeak.

• 4 months later...

Hello Robert and Team!

Wondered if there was any news on implementing 800mhz in Detroit area yet?  I'm still impressed that I can sometimes pull a weak B41 signal in my house, so 800 would just be frosting on the cake.   

Edited by dro1984

How long would the rebranding of the 800 mhz take in these markets?

Sent from my SM-G928P using Tapatalk

How long would the rebranding of the 800 mhz take in these markets?

Sent from my SM-G928P using Tapatalk

The buyouts haven't been accepted by any of the Mexican Operators AFAIK. In fact now that AT&T bought out Iusacell it might be longer. There is a meeting later this month with the operators. A few have even been adding more and more customers. The Mexican government is not 'giving' any replacement spectrum. Rebanding on 26 in the south is up to Sprint/Softbank either spending the money to make it worth going out of business or offering a plan to split 800SMR in a way everyone can use it and be in business. For example put CDMA on 800SMR so that the Mexican Operators can do GSM, UMTS or CDMA since iDEN is getting harder to support.