44 new DAS sites

2 new Pico Cell sites

1 new Small Cell site

1 new COW
0 Clearwire WiMAX B41 only conversions

31 deactivations

For a net total of 680 new sites.

• Like 14

I have 77 USCC Conversions and 136 iDEN Conversions in our database.  Not all have been noted in the Market Acceptance thread, as I have had to go back and change a few that I later found out were USCC Conversions after the fact.  Not actually new sites as I originally thought.

• Like 4

What states were the USCC conversions?  Illinois and Missouri?  Did Sprint assign them a special two digit ID number like they did with the Qwest acquired sites (which had '63' in the cascade ID #'s) about 12 years ago?

What states were the USCC conversions? Illinois and Missouri? Did Sprint assign them a special two digit ID number like they did with the Qwest acquired sites (which had '63' in the cascade ID #'s) about 12 years ago?

Don't know. Haven't seen the actual Cascade IDs for them yet. We have been assigning them temp numbers with US in place of XC.

• 2 weeks later...

I updated the totals through the last acceptance report.

At this rate it looks like project ocean could potentially be done before the summer gets here.

• Like 7

• 2 weeks later...

Is there a map of these site locations?

Unfortunately there is not a specific map of these locations. They are on the main map, you just need to find them (needle in a haystack). Whenever Robert provides updates that is the easiest time to locate them. Just look on the recent changes map.

93 USCC conversions noted by cdk. 77 noted by Robert.

Anyone know where the difference comes from?

Robert had 77 as of mid March (at the time my numbers where not matching). Since then there have been additional acceptances and that number is reflected in the 93.

• Like 1

Robert had 77 as of mid March (at the time my numbers where not matching). Since then there have been additional acceptances and that number is reflected in the 93.

Thanks for the clarification. There are still some in the Central IL and Chicago markets that do not have acceptances of any kind yet... wonder if the 100 count will be eclipsed... :)

• 3 weeks later...

Totals are updated through 5/3.

Just some thoughts and notes. USCC conversions are continuing (15). How many more will we see? iDEN conversions(10) are impressive this update, this might be a near record on a number of sites converted over a fixed time period. One of them was even in Shentel territory. There have been nearly 50% more iDEN conversions than original planned under NV 1.0. Just thinking out loud, these conversions are outside those Nextel site conversions that are hopefully to be funded starting soon. Finally, we have the first Clearwire WiMAX conversion!!!

• Like 4

I think we are now starting to get into the iDEN sites noted in the Expansion project. The original iDEN conversion project has to be over or wrapping up.

As for USCC Conversions (Project Ocean), I think we will see a few dozen more. I hope to see Project Cedar first acceptances in the next few months too. We have had an iDEN Conversion in Shentel before. But they are rare and noteworthy. The WiMax conversion is on the roof of the Westin hotel off Flamingo Road in Las Vegas.

Using Moto X² on Tapatalk

• Like 5

I think we are now starting to get into the iDEN sites noted in the Expansion project. The original iDEN conversion project has to be over or wrapping up.

That certainly could be the case. As I commented earlier it seems like a fairly large number since the last update, but not that far out from normal. Maybe we will learn more tomorrow.

We have had an iDEN Conversion in Shentel before. But they are rare and noteworthy.

I couldn't recall if we had before. There are certainly a few iDEN sites within Shentel's boundaries that would fill in a few non served areas, but I haven't looked closely enough to see if there are a lot of site would serve to densify that market.

As for USCC Conversions (Project Ocean), I think we will see a few dozen more. I hope to see Project Cedar first acceptances in the next few months too.

Unless I missed it the number of sites for Project Ocean seemed vague. Project Cedar's numbers looked more concrete. I should probably add a separate line for them. Hopefully they start rolling in soon.

The WiMax conversion is on the roof of the Westin hotel off Flamingo Road in Las Vegas.

Using Moto X² on Tapatalk

I was wondering after looking at the map. I was surprised how close it was to the nearby site.

I am not sure if it is Saw's handiwork when it comes to site selection yet, but I have been impressed by the choice of sites being added or converted. In the markets I follow closely they have hit several of the ones I have noted as good candidates, and in the others they seem to fit well after seeing them on the map.  

I looked at the Shentel region in MD, WV, and VA this morning, and I didn't see many remaining Nextel towers that would really add much to Shentel's coverage in the area.  Maybe 2 or 3 tops.  Shentel just has so many towers in the region that it is either on the same tower that Nextel used to be on or on a different one within a stone's throw in almost every case.

- Trip

• Like 2

I looked at the Shentel region in MD, WV, and VA this morning, and I didn't see many remaining Nextel towers that would really add much to Shentel's coverage in the area.  Maybe 2 or 3 tops.  Shentel just has so many towers in the region that it is either on the same tower that Nextel used to be on or on a different one within a stone's throw in almost every case.

- Trip

I would hope they convert the 2 sites near Huntingdon, PA. Beyond that there aren't many more...