Netgear's Zing replacement for Sprint

Rawvega

Appears will be Aircard 779S-100. It's CCA/RRPP compliant as it has LTE Bands 2, 4, 5, 12, 25, 26 and 41. Also on board is 802.11 b/g/n. No sign of 802.11ac unfortunately. Another apparent oversight is 5 GHz capability. This puppy looks to be 2.4 GHz only which would be disappointing. I've only had a cursory look at it though. I still have to look for things like carrier aggregation, 3GPP2 band classes (I can't imagine that it wouldn't have that) and GSM/W-CDMA availability. I check later.

FCC id is PY3AC779SS.

• Like 6

AFAIK, the SS model (FCCID: PY3AC779SS / AirCard 779S-100) is LTE-only in order to cut costs for regional operators and Sprint.

The S model (FCCID: PY3AC779S / AirCard 779S-200) is GSM+WCDMA+LTE for North America.

The FCC OET docs have been up for two weeks.  Honestly, the RF specs are not that impressive.  ERP/EIRP no greater than that of a decent handset.  And no CDMA2000.

https://apps.fcc.gov/oetcf/eas/reports/ViewExhibitReport.cfm?mode=Exhibits&RequestTimeout=500&calledFromFrame=N&application_id=387064&fcc_id=PY3AC779SS

AJ