Disable 1x1900?

bobo37

Does anyone know if its possible to disable 1x1900 voice so my phone will always use 1x800? I was able to disable 1900 LTE and that has helped a lot. I wouldn't want to do this but 1900 doesn't work well in my area and i consistently have poor service but have a good 1x800 signal available and my phone works great on the occasion it uses the 1x800 signal.

Does anyone know if its possible to disable 1x1900 voice so my phone will always use 1x800? I was able to disable 1900 LTE and that has helped a lot. I wouldn't want to do this but 1900 doesn't work well in my area and i consistently have poor service but have a good 1x800 signal available and my phone works great on the occasion it uses the 1x800 signal.

You could use a custom prl that prioritizes 800 over 1900.

Sent from my SM-T217S using Tapatalk

No you can not disable 1x 1900 like you can with Sprint's LTE bands, your device will always prioritize the 1900 band over because its the primary band for voice. 

No you can not disable 1x 1900 like you can with Sprint's LTE bands, your device will always prioritize the 1900 band over because its the primary band for voice.

Incorrect. Many use custom prls to prioritize 800 over 1900. Personally, I use one to prioritize my airave over the macro network. On some devices you can even force the radio to use smr only, but I don't recommend doing it unless you are 100% sure you know how to reverse it.

I have the M8 as well and, on the rare occasions I actually need 1x800 it seems to make the transition with no issue.  I'm using stock PRL.  Haven't changed a thing in that regard.

Edit: Just a thought but do you think it's more network related and not the phone itself?  Could your proximity to Canada and being on the fringe of 1x800 coverage be causing these issues?  I am only offering a guess here.

Incorrect. Many use custom prls to prioritize 800 over 1900. Personally, I use one to prioritize my airave over the macro network. On some devices you can even force the radio to use smr only, but I don't recommend doing it unless you are 100% sure you know how to reverse it.

I didn't mention anything about custom PRLs due to the OP stating that he wasn't sure about flashing a custom PRL.  I am stating that stock PRLs prioritize 1900 over 800.  ;)

I didn't mention anything about custom PRLs due to the OP stating that he wasn't sure about flashing a custom PRL. I am stating that stock PRLs prioritize 1900 over 800. ;)

Ahh sorry. I must have misread. Its been a while since I looked at the stock prl, but I thought 1900 and 800 are the same but I could be mistaken.

Sent from my VS980 4G using Tapatalk

It depends on the area, but I know for a fact that when I'm home, my phone more often than not uses 1x800 for voice calls, rather than 1900. Coverage is really good in my area, but the network dictates what band to use.

It depends on the area, but I know for a fact that when I'm home, my phone more often than not uses 1x800 for voice calls, rather than 1900. Coverage is really good in my area, but the network dictates what band to use.

I don't know how it works with incoming/outgoing eCSFB calls from LTE, its something I've wondered about for a while. However when on CDMA (no LTE coverage, svlte device, phone in 3g mode etc), the prl is used, not the network. The prl is a list of technologies by area that let's the phone know what to scan for. Its why you'll get more evdo roaming on corporate accounts, since you get a different prl that allows it.

Sent from my SM-T217S using Tapatalk

• 2 months later...

I have the M8 as well and, on the rare occasions I actually need 1x800 it seems to make the transition with no issue.  I'm using stock PRL.  Haven't changed a thing in that regard.

Edit: Just a thought but do you think it's more network related and not the phone itself?  Could your proximity to Canada and being on the fringe of 1x800 coverage be causing these issues?  I am only offering a guess here.

Yes it's network related... Not enough towers is the big issue. too many 1900 gaps around me so that's why I need every call on 800. There's even one spot I sometimes drop an 800 call. At that same spot there's a nice big tower with ATT/Big Red/TMO but not Sprint. If Sprint was at this site it would cover most of the gaps in the area. This area in Longs is way too busy to have bad coverage. 

• Like 2

Yes it's network related... Not enough towers is the big issue. too many 1900 gaps around me so that's why I need every call on 800. There's even one spot I sometimes drop an 800 call. At that same spot there's a nice big tower with ATT/Big Red/TMO but not Sprint. If Sprint was at this site it would cover most of the gaps in the area. This area in Longs is way too busy to have bad coverage. 

Longs is near Myrtle Beach area, I noticed this is a bit on the low priority with LTE even with AT&T, actually AT&T was the last of the big 4 to have offical LTE in that area. Big red VZW was first then T-Mobile, then Sprint. I will agree with you it would help Sprint if they were on MORE towers or buildings, EVEN 800 cant cover everything its just the way it is. 

To my knowledge, no one has found away to select or limit band classes for 1x,

Using Nexus 6 on Tapatalk

To my knowledge, no one has found away to select or limit band classes for 1x,

Using Nexus 6 on Tapatalk

That's disappointing.

I like the 800 service and the 2.5, though the PCS spectrum is where Sprint was slower for me. Although I'm hoping this device will work better than the Nexus 6 did for me, at least until I can get the Samsung Note 5.