Samsung Galaxy S6 Preview Thread (was "Samsung Galaxy S6 Edge pre-order page up.")

twospirits

Surprised that no one has mentioned their views on the new S6 and S6 Edge that were unveiled today at MWC Barcelona.

Guess I'll start.

I like everything about the new devices except that

1-There is no sd card slot. 

2-The headphone jack is on the bottom

3-Non-Removable battery (which helps when one needs to pull the battery)

4-Glass back. 

I have a feeling that the Note Series will follow the same path.

• Like 1

I wonder about sprint carrier aggreation on this phone .

Me too. Hopefully it won't be like the S4 was and miss out on the latest and greatest Sprint network technology until 6 months later.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Well, the Note Edge has 2 carrier CA on Band 41, so the S6 & S6 Edge should have that as a minimum.

Sent from Josh's iPhone 6+ using Tapatalk 3.1.1

Well, the Note Edge has 2 carrier CA on Band 41, so the S6 & S6 Edge should have that as a minimum.

Sent from Josh's iPhone 6+ using Tapatalk 3.1.1

The S6 uses a processor that isn't found in any other phone.. Their own Exynos. So who knows what it will support.

The S6 uses a processor that isn't found in any other phone.. Their own Exynos. So who knows what it will support.

The Verizon G920V, which is one of the 2, supports CA. My guess is the US variants are getting Snapdragons again.

Still don't like the look of touchwiz but I am definitely feeling the s6 edge no doubt so with that I will probably be getting one.  It looks too cool to not own even with horrible touchwiz.  I just hope the battery life is good and the camera is good and I hope they don't ask too much of a premium.  At the most I am willing to spend an additional premium fee of $150, anything more and I don't think I will pull the trigger.

Still don't like the look of touchwiz but I am definitely feeling the s6 edge no doubt so with that I will probably be getting one. It looks too cool to not own even with horrible touchwiz. I just hope the battery life is good and the camera is good and I hope they don't ask too much of a premium. At the most I am willing to spend an additional premium fee of $150, anything more and I don't think I will pull the trigger.

Do you have an upgrade available? Best buy always has great offers for the Samsung devices.

Sent from my M8

Do you have an upgrade available? Best buy always has great offers for the Samsung devices.

Sent from my M8

Yes I do actually.

My wife will likely end up with this. She can seriously destroy a phone (went through 4 HTC's in a year) so I hope spigen or otterbox can make a good case. I'd like for her to get the edge version but she's not sure it will hold up to her purse and two toddlers.

Those 4 HTC's were destroyed in every which way too...water damage, thrown from top of stairs, dropped/thrown on the ground. Now she has had an S3 with an otterbox case for 2 years! I'm seriously proud.

Those 4 HTC's were destroyed in every which way too...water damage, thrown from top of stairs, dropped/thrown on the ground. Now she has had an S3 with an otterbox case for 2 years! I'm seriously proud.

She should really be more careful with her phones.  :blink:

• Like 1

I was expecting an S6 announcement soon and was ready to purchase, yet the industry continues to disappoint me.

What didn't you like?  The removeable battery/no sd card?

I am completely in agreement with you - seems the only options for next gen with a possible removeable battery will be the G4, but that comes out in July or so.  I was really hyped for the HTC One M9 but it's not much different from my M8 but Samsung seems ot have won me over because back cover/sd slot is not a deal breaker for me.  But I do understand your disappointment. 

• Like 2

@ascertion and the lack of waterproofing and the fact that the phone actually has less battery than before and...

True, the battery has less capacity, but the screen technology and chipset power consumption has been vastly improved.  I wouldn't be surprised if the GS6 has better battery than the GS5.

Let's see when these phones reach the FCC, and if it will support 2 or 3 sprint carrier aggregations. I am sure it will support two, but not out the box(firmware)