iPhone 6/iPhone 6 Plus come to Ting/other MVNOs soon

sbolen

Sources say Sprint is dropping a requirement that made the mobile virtual network operators (MVNOs) using its network—such as Ting, FreedomPop, Straight Talk, Boost, and Virgin—wait a certain period of time, usually at least a year, before offering support for the latest devices.

Up until now, that meant that Sprint MVNO carriers like Ting have only offered support for last generation devices. With the lifting of the requirement, Ting is getting set to announce support for both iPhone 6 and 6 Plus. Other Sprint partners will likely follow.

• Like 10

This is awesome. It's the right move. Wholesale customers are a huge portion of Sprint customer additions, and with T-Mobile/Verizon/AT&T not putting any restrictions on new model phones on their MVNOs, it'll help Sprint MVNOs better compete against their competition.

TBH this was one of the reasons I left Ting to come back to Sprint. Well, that and the high data costs.

Still, Ting was probably the best mobile carrier experience I ever had and I amassed nearly $300 in referral credits from linking people there. I just couldn't stay due to my new job requiring a lot more data usage. They don't pay for my cellphone bills or provide a corporate phone but my salary is much higher so it is a net gain to pay Sprint $77/mo for 2 lines.

This is awesome. It's the right move. Wholesale customers are a huge portion of Sprint customer additions, and with T-Mobile/Verizon/AT&T not putting any restrictions on new model phones on their MVNOs, it'll help Sprint MVNOs better compete against their competition.

I bet it's also a play to get more wholesale customers triband devices to help ease network congestion. Everyone wins!