Coverage Mapping Tools

mhammett

RootMetrics is okay but they measure 1x signal and ever since the single path devices came out, they've been reading Sprint device signals as -120dbm or something like that because the 1x side isn't active.

OpenSignal's heat map is poor in general.

• Like 2

RootMetrics is okay but they measure 1x signal and ever since the single path devices came out, they've been reading Sprint device signals as -120dbm or something like that because the 1x side isn't active.

OpenSignal's heat map is poor in general.

I let RootMetics run accidentally and mapped a large chunk of my town that now shows -120dB for call performance and LTE as the best technology.  

• Like 1

As others have said, rootmetrics still hasn't updated their app to support sprint triband devices, and it's been over a year. They don't seem interested in supporting their app.

Sensorly seems to be the best, although they do have a few problems with their mapping. I.e. Sprint LTE mapped in Oklahoma where there is none.

As others have said, rootmetrics still hasn't updated their app to support sprint triband devices, and it's been over a year. They don't seem interested in supporting their app.

Sensorly seems to be the best, although they do have a few problems with their mapping. I.e. Sprint LTE mapped in Oklahoma where there is none.

Or that the Sprint maps in NYC aren't very accurate anymore. The map should be way darker in many areas but that simply isn't the case.

I've had the exact same issue up here in Washington. All of a sudden it won't map LTE anymore.

I hope they fix it soon Sprint has been very busy firing up LTE 800 and there are tons of new areas to map here.

Refuses to map? That's a new one. They do have a support thread here on the forums. Not sure the last time they checked it though.

Refuses, failed to perform an action, "Sensorly refuses to map."   :P

On the same note I've emailed them many times without a response, so now I refuse to use Sensorly.  :angry:

Refuses, failed to perform an action, "Sensorly refuses to map."   :P

On the same note I've emailed them many times without a response, so now I refuse to use Sensorly.  :angry:

When is the last time you tried Sensorly? I had issues before and removed it about 6-7 months ago, but I decided to try it again and it works fine now.

When is the last time you tried Sensorly? I had issues before and removed it about 6-7 months ago, but I decided to try it again and it works fine now.

I actually tried to use it today and still nada.

• 2 weeks later...

My Sensorly still won't map nor will it upload any of the speed tests I run. It's incredibly frustrating.

It looks like everything is working as it should, but it never shows up. I wonder if the developer has given up on the product?

• Like 1

• 4 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

The guys over at Cellmapper are willing to add in band information, but I don't think they're in the US, so I don't think they have the ability to test this themselves. They were wondering if we could provide how to map out the frequencies. Do we have a tried and true sector ID (or other information) to band method?

I would like to know this too because I have done a significant amount of mapping on Cellmapper on my Nexus 5 (new member from HoFo and T4GRU). SignalCheck Pro displays the band perfectly. If the guys over at Cellmapper had a way to distinguish B26 from B25 and B41, maybe we could see just how far B41 goes (lots of B41 holes in Lansing MI).

• Like 1

00,01,02 band 25 

03 split between second carrier Samsung and  first carrier

04,05 second carrier Samsung band 25

09,0A,0B second carrier band 25

0F,10,11 band 26

19,1A,1B band 26

band 41 

GCI 3rd is number from the left is "odd" if(GCI && 0x00100000){}//band 41 

00,01,02 First carrier

03,04,05 Second carrier

31,32,33 First carrier