Did you know?? Family share pack....hotspot

floorguy

Hotspot IS included for the WHOLE data package, not just 5gb out of 20 but ALL 20...

Switched my stuff over today and the phone went and re-provisioned while I was there, and I asked him why it did it (as its never done that before when switching things)  and he told me because it added in the hotspot feature....

and just looked at my acct and sure enough 

7 devices sharing out of 7
3G/4G Data with Mobile Hotspot

• Like 2

Hotspot IS included for the WHOLE data package, not just 5gb out of 20 but ALL 20...

Switched my stuff over today and the phone went and re-provisioned while I was there, and I asked him why it did it (as its never done that before when switching things)  and he told me because it added in the hotspot feature....

and just looked at my acct and sure enough 

7 devices sharing out of 7
3G/4G Data with Mobile Hotspot

I knew this, I don't know about anyone else though.

I knew this, I don't know about anyone else though.

I didn't know.  :(

I thought the idea was you pay for x amount of data, its yours to use however you like??

Also, it makes it easier for you to go over and pay more to sprint..

I agree with that part, but didn't think the plan included the mobile hotspot. (until now)

I thought this was common knowledge. 

well in my case it wasn't common knowledge since in the landing page for Family Share plans it shows for step 3 to add data access to tablets, wearables, etc nowhere does it mention that the hotspot is included. Even though those extra devices are not the only reason for having a hotspot, but still, there is no mention of it in the landing page.

but regardless, floorguy is right, I checked my account also and it does say 3G/4G Data with Mobile Hotspot.  :tu: 

TS

it came out when the family share pack did.....but i dont understand why they havent promoted it???

And i cant figure out how some of you guys burn up 7 gb in like 2 weeks.....i dont hold back what i do, and barley make it to 3 maybe 4 for a mth

it came out when the family share pack did.....but i dont understand why they havent promoted it???

And i cant figure out how some of you guys burn up 7 gb in like 2 weeks.....i dont hold back what i do, and barley make it to 3 maybe 4 for a mth

Its pretty easy with streaming video.

I still have 1 week left on my cycle and I have 16GB used out of 60 on my 4 devices shared family plan. Its pretty easy like what travis said with streaming video, and uploading images to the google/dropbox image back up servers. Which reminds me, I need to lower the resolution of my images. I really do not need to be taking this huge ass photos when a smaller resolution would do.

TS

I still have 1 week left on my cycle and I have 16GB used out of 60 on my 4 devices shared family plan. Its pretty easy like what travis said with streaming video, and uploading images to the google/dropbox image back up servers. Which reminds me, I need to lower the resolution of my images. I really do not need to be taking this huge ass photos when a smaller resolution would do.

TS

Why not just set it up to offload while on wifi only?

Sent from my iPhone 6+ using Tapatalk

• 4 weeks later...

Lol funny. I didn't know this. I just switch off from the Older SERO plan turned SERO Premium to a family share cause well SERO had limited talk. I felt like it was getting robbed while still paying $78 per phone each having 500 minutes. But as for data.... dude the other phone on my account my friend used 34GB of data alone in Aug 2014. It's definitely possible

Why not just set it up to offload while on wifi only?

Sent from my iPhone 6+ using Tapatalk

I off load at home (most of the time), I just don't have the time and patience away from home having to deal with connecting or finding a wi-fi connection and especially having to deal with that annoying Connection Optimizer on the phone. So I keep it on the mobile network away when I'm away from home. At work I connect the laptop to my phones hotspot and when my work pc is busy running macros, I get on the laptop to watch videos, forums, etc. So that is when the data usage goes up. But considering that I am paying for the 60gig plan I haven't reach half of that. But I pay for it just in case.

TS

• Like 3

I've been using the hotspot feature to get data to my windows 8 tablet for when I'm in the road. And the most I've used out of my plan of 20gb is 10gb between 3 devices. No complaining here, versatility is a pleasure with my account.

• 2 weeks later...

Nice, kind of makes me wonder why MBB devices end up with a $20 add on charge vs $10 for tablets if that's the case.

With that logic (which I would agree with), it makes one wonder why they charge an access fee at all for either tablets or MBB devices, since they're drawing from a fixed data bucket that's already paid for. The line fees for phones make sense, since that provides them unlimited talk/text.

With that logic (which I would agree with), it makes one wonder why they charge an access fee at all for either tablets or MBB devices, since they're drawing from a fixed data bucket that's already paid for. The line fees for phones make sense, since that provides them unlimited talk/text.

Not that I agree with it, but I do understand an access fee for data only devices since you can have a family share with only tablets if you wanted. I just think it should all be the same access fee for data only devices.

I recently had Sprint move me from Framily to Family (on the advice of Rocket87...thanx Rocket) but nowhere

do I see a hotspot function in my account; chatted with Sprint about it and she claimed it was an extra cost add-on..

what am I missing here?  Does my phone need to be re-provisioned for this hotspot functionality to show up?

Do I have to wait till my current cycle is over?

TIA

I recently had Sprint move me from Framily to Family (on the advice of Rocket87...thanx Rocket) but nowhere

do I see a hotspot function in my account; chatted with Sprint about it and she claimed it was an extra cost add-on..

what am I missing here? Does my phone need to be re-provisioned for this hotspot functionality to show up?

Do I have to wait till my current cycle is over?

TIA

Just enable mobile hot spot on your phone. What device are you using?

the included hotspot, is only included on the family data share plans.

If you are on the unlimited family, then that does not include a hotspot plan.