WIN A 2014 MOTO X2!!! Motorola X2 Activation Help-Fund-Us Contest

S4GRU

Is it safe to presume someone living in Hawaii has gotten good at doing the time conversion from EDT, EST, PDT, PST, etc etc on the fly due to most everything being published in that fashion?  Just curious... I know growing up in CST/CDT I pretty much automatically subtracted an hour from whatever I heard (since everything was EST/EDT)... Now that I am in Eastern I am spoiled lol...

Two hours for PST, 3 hours for PDT. We don't have daylight savings time here.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

Is it safe to presume someone living in Hawaii has gotten good at doing the time conversion from EDT, EST, PDT, PST, etc etc on the fly due to most everything being published in that fashion? Just curious... I know growing up in CST/CDT I pretty much automatically subtracted an hour from whatever I heard (since everything was EST/EDT)... Now that I am in Eastern I am spoiled lol...

While residents are good at computing the time conversion for California or New York, we do get confused at areas in between like Denver, since we may not know which zone they are in. And Daylight savings time will always throw us off since the date of the time change isn't publicized here. We learn to cope since some cable TV shows are on California time, so right now The Daily Show is at 8:00 but in the Spring it will start at 9:00.

• Like 1

Daylight savings time should be shot in the head, and left to suffer on the side of the road.... hate it.

While residents are good at computing the time conversion for California or New York, we do get confused at areas in between like Denver, since we may not know which zone they are in. And Daylight savings time will always throw us off since the date of the time change isn't publicized here. We learn to cope since some cable TV shows are on California time, so right now The Daily Show is at 8:00 but in the Spring it will start at 9:00.

• Like 3

We are going to do the drawing at 6:30 PM Pacific/9:30 PM Eastern tonight. Join us in The Lounge tonight, and we will draw the winning number. Odds are good for any of our contestants. Good luck!

7:30 PM Mountain/8:30 PM Central/10:30 PM Atlantic/11:00 PM Newfoundland

Who won?

The big winner of the contest is:

Groovy

We will likely get the testing unit out the first or second week of January. Thank you all for participating. We may do this again in the not too distant future.

• Like 4

The big winner of the contest is:

Groovy

We will likely get the testing unit out the first or second week of January. Thank you all for participating. We may do this again in the not too distant future.

So he finally responded!?

23lfuc1.jpg

AJ

• Like 8

Alright, our resident "flashaholics," you have an assignment.

The 2014 XT1094 tri band Moto X is a really nice piece of kit.  It has great build quality, strong LTE reception, and dialer code or shortcut access to most/all hidden screens, including LTE band toggle/priority -- seemingly, no subsidy lock code necessary.  I have verified all of this in hand this afternoon.

However, with the installed Republic Wireless firmware, the handset is locked and does not seem to like swaps of various nano SIMs nor adjustments to LTE band settings.  It was stable for an hour, but after a few tweaks and a power cycle, it has become stuck in an activating sequence, regardless of Republic SIM (which is actually a branded Sprint SIM) or T-Mobile SIM.

The handset can power on into fastboot to stop the endless activating sequence, but other than recovery (which is not installed), any selection in fastboot just restarts the endless activating sequence.  Any suggestions?  At this point, can we get a custom recovery installed on this device?  Can we flash a non Republic firmware?

The point here is not to take advantage of Republic.  This is basically a proof of concept endeavor.

Thoughts?

AJ

Alright, our resident "flashaholics," you have an assignment.

The 2014 XT1094 tri band Moto X is a really nice piece of kit. It has great build quality, strong LTE reception, and dialer code or shortcut access to most/all hidden screens, including LTE band toggle/priority -- seemingly, no subsidy lock code necessary. I have verified all of this in hand this afternoon.

However, with the installed Republic Wireless firmware, the handset is locked and does not seem to like swaps of various nano SIMs nor adjustments to LTE band settings. It was stable for an hour, but after a few tweaks and a power cycle, it has become stuck in an activating sequence, regardless of Republic SIM (which is actually a branded Sprint SIM) or T-Mobile SIM.

The handset can power on into fastboot to stop the endless activating sequence, but other than recovery (which is not installed), any selection in fastboot just restarts the endless activating sequence. Any suggestions? At this point, can we get a custom recovery installed on this device? Can we flash a non Republic firmware?

The point here is not to take advantage of Republic. This is basically a proof of concept endeavor.

Thoughts?

AJ

Is it already on 4.4.2? Because if so this thread seems to state that there isn't a way to so far.

http://forum.xda-developers.com/moto-x/general/guide-republic-wireless-moto-x-kitkat-4-t2738233

Yeah, it's gonna be really difficult to get this working. Flashing to the "pure edition" software (i.e. Non-republic) probably won't work because that is designed for the GSM edition.

The Nexus 5 baseband firmware versions were technically identical between domestic (i.e. Sprint) and international variants.  I suspect the same here.  I could be wrong, but I doubt that that flashing the Pure Edition firmware would cause a problem for Sprint use.  Qualcomm baseband firmware revisions recently seem to be all inclusive.

Now, is there a way to get the Pure Edition firmware on the tri band Moto X at this point?  I know my basic way around UNIX going back 20 years.  And I have rooted a handset or two, flashed a baseband or two.  But I am a wireless spectrum guy, not an OS guru.  So, I need specific instructions to follow.

AJ

EDIT:  I see now that you mentioned it is fully bootloader locked.  

I don't see anyone claiming to have a successful exploit yet, but these folks seem like the most likely to develop one.

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=2792487

AJ, can you upload the build.prop from it? It's in the /system partition. Should be able to adb pull it.

How can I use adb, though, if USB debugging is not already enabled on the Moto X?  Upon power on, I can no longer make it past the splash screens and an activating screen.  All turn into a never ending loop -- unless I power on into fastboot mode.

AJ

How can I use adb, though, if USB debugging is not already enabled on the Moto X?  Upon power on, I can no longer make it past the splash screens and an activating screen.  All turn into a never ending loop -- unless I power on into fastboot mode.

AJ

I may be confusing different procedures here, but I think ADB works in fastboot. I think I just used it to flash a kernel to an s-on EVO LTE. But the EVO LTE firmware may function differently from the Moto X's. I'd say it's worth a try though.

• 4 weeks later...

Any updates on this project?

I have had no luck trying to get it to authenticate with a Sprint SIM card. I'm sending it out tomorrow or Wednesday to one of our Staff who have the N6 style Nano SIM and see what he gets. It's not looking promising. But the Moto X 2014 is a solid device. Too bad Sprint didn't carry it.

Using Nexus 5 on Tapatalk

• Like 1

I have had no luck trying to get it to authenticate with a Sprint SIM card. I'm sending it out tomorrow or Wednesday to one of our Staff who have the N6 style Nano SIM and see what he gets. It's not looking promising. But the Moto X 2014 is a solid device. Too bad Sprint didn't carry it.

Using Nexus 5 on Tapatalk

Thanks Robert for the update.

Yes, the Moto X 2014 is a badass device and still extremely mad at Sprint by not carrying it.  Im  impressed how Band 41 behaved during new years eve at the convention center in Anaheim with the Moto X 2014 on RW. its a hard decision but  really dont want to leave Sprint...