HTC EVO 4G LTE

P_M_G

Me too. I had to ask. Well, I didn't have to, I was compelled to by my inner idiot.

LOL!!!

Mophie has been asked if they would make regular juice packs for android phones and they said they have considered it, but never said that they won't do it. So maybe it will still happen.

It would almost have to be for a model like the GNex that is a top 3 seller on multiple networks with the same form factor for it to be worth it for them to build it. Not everyone is interested in an expensive case even if it improves battery life. I would be, but there are a lot of people who would rather spend $10 on another OEM battery and swap. I would guess that the reason it is available for the iPhone is that there are so many iPhones sold that the consumer base is huge. Even if only 1% of iPhone customers buy the battery case, it is still probably more sales than 5% of EVO LTE customers. Then again, it seems like more Android users are concerned about being able to use their device heavily for hours on end, so maybe a battery pack would work. It would help if the AT&T version could use the same case.

Yes, definitely. And it would be nice to see a Mophie for the GNex. It is too bad that the EVO LTE has a significantly different form factor than the One X. If they were the same, then Mophie could make a killing on sales there.

Anandtech has the review of the AT&T One X live; if the Evo 4G LTE is even half as awesome, it'll still be ridiculously awesome: http://www.anandtech.com/show/5779/htc-one-x-for-att-review

They have a section on the battery life which is awesome imho.... :)

Sent from my PG86100 using Tapatalk 2

Guy posted this over at XDA from Sprint EVP email he got...

http://forum.xda-dev...&postcount=1270

Sprint, the only national wireless carrier offering truly unlimited data for all phones while on the Sprint network, continues its 4G LTE launch momentum with the launch of several new devices, including its first Android 4.0 smartphone with 4G LTE capability. Sprint recently announced Atlanta, Baltimore, Dallas, Houston, Kansas City and San Antonio are expected to have 4G LTE and enhanced 3G service within the coming months – with numerous other cities expected to launch by the end of the year. The anticipated launch of these large metropolitan areas demonstrates the continued commitment by Sprint to invest in its network through Network Vision. Sprint customers in these areas will soon enjoy ultra-fast data speeds and improved 3G voice quality.

• Galaxy Nexus by Samsung, its first Android™ 4.0, Ice Cream Sandwich, smartphone with 4G LTE capability. It boasts a Pure Google experience, 1.2GHz dual-core processor, a 4.65-inch HD Super AMOLED™ contour display and dual cameras enabling video chat. Available NOW.

• The eco-friendly LG Viper features ULE Platinum Certification, a casing comprised of 50% recycled plastics, and a 100% recyclable packaging. Specs wise, this Android Gingerbread device features a 4-inch 800×480 WVGA display, 1.2GHz dual-core processor, 1GB of RAM, 4GB ROM, 4GB microSD card, Gorilla Glass, a 5MP rear-facing camera, and 4G LTE capabilities. Available NOW.

• HTC EVO 4G LTE, a 1.5 dual-core processor, a giant 4.7-inch 720p Super LCD display, and a high-end 8-megapixel camera. It also has NFC (Near Field Communications), which allows one to pay for something by tapping against a terminal or friend’s phone, using an application like Google Wallet. And by the way, it makes phone calls.
Anticipated availability, May 2012

If you would like to order/preorder one of the above devices, please let me know. Eligibility is required to upgrade, so just reply with your phone number and I will be glad to check.

Thank you,

Account Manager | Employee Value Program (EVP)

Toll Free - 888.xxx.xxxx

Fax - 888.xxx.xxxx

Direct Line - 615.xxx.xxxx

Contact EVP: Mon 9am-5pm, Tues-Fri 8am-5pm CST

All EVP clients save 20% on Wireless accessories! Visit your EVP site for more information.

• Like 4

I was exploring www.sprint.com/buyback to see how much I could get for my EVO 4G. They claim they'll give me $70 for it and I have 45 days to mail it in. With their prepaid label no-less. A couple weeks ago the salesman in the store said they'd give me $50. Has anyone taken advantage of the mail-back program? Seems like a good deal, as I have 2 EVO's to trade in. You also have the option to apply the credit to your bill, put it towards a new phone, or donate it to their charity.

373012_8389383510_1085049543_n.jpg Sprint To redeem your offer, take this email to Sprint and show it to the staff. Print the email out, or just show it from your phone. 536277_10150707606623511_8389383510_9526853_187034503_n.jpgTrade in your eligible phone and add a line by 5/17 to get an extra $50 credit.

Expires May 17, 2012

Seeing some trends here. :)

Robert

Time to have the updated lab doc to show the earlier release....which could actually make sense if they are trying to fend off the SGS3 now with that thing being in the US in June evidently...*Sgt. throws dart at wall...sees if it sticks* lol

Time to have the updated lab doc to show the earlier release....which could actually make sense if they are trying to fend off the SGS3 now with that thing being in the US in June evidently...*Sgt. throws dart at wall...sees if it sticks* lol

You need armor piercing darts there Sgt.

Hopefully this new launch window pans out to be true.

I'm really torn now because if this launches this month I am going to want to get it immediately but I really want to see how the US version of the Galaxy S3 is reviewed before I make a decision. Decisions, decisions! #FirstWorldProblems

• Like 1

Unfortunately I get them inconsistently. It would be nice to get them weekly. ;)hint, hint, cough, cough

Robert

• Like 2

I know it doesn't guarantee anything, but I was on G+ the other day and ran across a post from some Sprint employee that said he was in EVO 4G LTE training.. I asked if there was any word of when it will be released. He said they (sprint) told him about 2 weeks after the 7th.

I'm really torn now because if this launches this month I am going to want to get it immediately but I really want to see how the US version of the Galaxy S3 is reviewed before I make a decision. Decisions, decisions! #FirstWorldProblems

Engadget have benchmarked the phone against the Note, the One X(AT&T and Global version), the and One S. The dual core S4 outperforms the quad Exynos in the majority of benchmarks, sometimes by double.

http://www.engadget.com/2012/05/03/gsiii-benchmarks/

I know it doesn't guarantee anything, but I was on G+ the other day and ran across a post from some Sprint employee that said he was in EVO 4G LTE training.. I asked if there was any word of when it will be released. He said they (sprint) told him about 2 weeks after the 7th.

I was in a Sprint store awhile back and was told the exact same thing.

Engadget have benchmarked the phone against the Note, the One X(AT&T and Global version), the and One S. The dual core S4 outperforms the quad Exynos in the majority of benchmarks, sometimes by double.

http://www.engadget....iii-benchmarks/

I was in a Sprint store awhile back and was told the exact same thing.

wanna say some of the benches they did showed a lil off compared to what AnandTech got in their review....personally i take AnandTech over anyone else review wise right now...

Which tests are you saying are "off"? The Anandtech I only saw 1 test that included the One S. Was there another article where they did a full round of benchmarks?

Here is the link. BUT I was wrong there wasn't a big difference there.

http://www.anandtech.com/show/5810/samsung-galaxy-s-iii-performance-preview

btw, dont compare the OneS as its not fair b/c its pushing a smaller screen than what we will be. Compare the OneX(ATT) version as it has same screen and chip.

think the one that was off was the gsmarena article someone sent me...showed quadrant higher by 500pts there....go figure given the site. lol

anandtech the only place i trust reviews nowadays...

http://forums.androidcentral.com/htc-evo-4g-lte/170841-i-have-offical-sprint-evo-lte-training-tomorrow-questions-2.html#anb

• Like 1