LG G Flex 2 [FCC ID ZNFLS996]

NateC

Wait I thought it could do 2 carrier of 20mhz on b41? Is it that important to have even more than 2 carriers at this point? From what I had read its 32gb internal, plus additional support for more with a microsd. And its a device with a 5.5" screen 1080p is overkill anyway, just saying. Lol

The table may have been expanded for clarity or I just focused on the "Total maximum bandwidth of 20Mhz" (I originally quoted the table but that was removed).   I will now wait for reviews / actual usage.

• Like 1

So is it confirmed that this phone is full CCA compliant? I live in a market where if the speculation about US Cellular joining CCA with Sprint is true, it would be a massive perk for me. Is this a safe phone to buy if that happens?

So is it confirmed that this phone is full CCA compliant? I live in a market where if the speculation about US Cellular joining CCA with Sprint is true, it would be a massive perk for me. Is this a safe phone to buy if that happens?

based on what i can tell by the graph that was posted, yes it is fully CCA compliant and will work with USCC LTE. I'm in the same boat you are in that would be a huge boost to sprint around here if it comes to pass :D my yearly upgrade is up in february (have the 1st flex), hopefully this is out by then as i will most likely be getting it :)

I am out of the upgrade mode on the new plans with 3 lines on LG G2's all bought from Swappa. I've basically decided not to do any upgrades from the G2 unless it is fully CCA compliant. I'm really in no hurry unless roaming with US Cellular goes live and then I would buy something the next day.

• Like 1

I am out of the upgrade mode on the new plans with 3 lines on LG G2's all bought from Swappa. I've basically decided not to do any upgrades from the G2 unless it is fully CCA compliant. I'm really in no hurry unless roaming with US Cellular goes live and then I would buy something the next day.

comparing the graph posted in this thread to the graph in this article

http://s4gru.com/index.php?/blog/1/entry-373-teaser-x-marks-the-spot-for-the-first-sprint-ccarrpp-fully-compliant-handset/

it looks like the flex 2 is fully CCA compliant.

I'm only asking this out of curiosity.  Since this is CCA compliant, it appears the LTE bands it supports is also T-Mobiles (B2, B4, and B12).  Does this mean that this device could essentially run on T-Mobile's network if unlocked from Sprint (or another SIM-Unlock method)? 

I'm not wanting to jump ship - but my brother has a HSPA+ only phone and I'd like to see what he'd get speed-wise on LTE in my area on T-Mobile.

I'm only asking this out of curiosity. Since this is CCA compliant, it appears the LTE bands it supports is also T-Mobiles (B2, B4, and B12). Does this mean that this device could essentially run on T-Mobile's network if unlocked from Sprint (or another SIM-Unlock method)?

I'm not wanting to jump ship - but my brother has a HSPA+ only phone and I'd like to see what he'd get speed-wise on LTE in my area on T-Mobile.

It should be fully compatible, with the likely exception of T-Mobile's version of WiFi-calling. I'm not sure if their VoLTE would work.

Sprint phones already work just fine on T-Mo 2G + W-CDMA if they've been successfully unlocked (like my S4 has been), so LTE should be no different. The question was raised earlier in this thread, however, if Sprint will domestically unlock this phone upon request, if it turns out the release date is mid-February or later. The prevailing opinion seems to be that they won't, citing the device's earlier period of "development" that predates 2/11.

• Like 1

I'm only asking this out of curiosity.  Since this is CCA compliant, it appears the LTE bands it supports is also T-Mobiles (B2, B4, and B12).  Does this mean that this device could essentially run on T-Mobile's network if unlocked from Sprint (or another SIM-Unlock method)? 

This presumed Sprint variant LG G Flex 2 does not support band 4 W-CDMA 1700+2100.  So, outside of LTE coverage, it will not be fully functional on the T-Mobile network.

AJ

• Like 1

This presumed Sprint variant LG G Flex 2 does not support band 4 W-CDMA 1700+2100.  So, outside of LTE coverage, it will not be fully functional on the T-Mobile network.

AJ

I've thrown custom ROMs on my G2 and it has WCDMA that maxes out I think at 14mbps (haven't checked the band).  Does that mean this device has less compatibility with global usage than the G2 when not on LTE? (Outside the US?) 

I've thrown custom ROMs on my G2 and it has WCDMA that maxes out I think at 14mbps (haven't checked the band).  Does that mean this device has less compatibility with global usage than the G2 when not on LTE? (Outside the US?) 

Maybe, but not really.  For W-CDMA, few countries other than the US use band 4 AWS-1 1700+2100 MHz.  Most hitched their wagons to band 1 IMT 1900+2100 MHz.

AJ

This presumed Sprint variant LG G Flex 2 does not support band 4 W-CDMA 1700+2100. So, outside of LTE coverage, it will not be fully functional on the T-Mobile network.

Ah, good catch. While unfortunate, I don't think that omission will be too impactful. By mid-year (if you believe their projections), most full build sites will have B2 and/or B4 LTE with fallback to B2 W-CDMA, and rural GMOs will remain PCS-only for awhile. Some markets that are short on AWS may also start seeing DC-HSPA refarmed down to HSPA+21 for wideband LTE, so that the remaining B4 W-CDMA carrier won't be any faster than the B2 one.

Do you know if it will be the same as the Sprint model?

Nope, not for sure, but the Sprint model includes USCC LTE compatibility, so I assume the models are the same.

Is their 1900/2100 WCDMA for HSPA+ 42?

What and where?

AJ

There's a b1 2100 but USA doesn't use it

There's no 1900/2100 combo

Band 1 is 1900+2100 MHz and has been for about 15 years.

AJ

Sorry, I meant for T-Mobile US.  I thought AWS was 1700/2100, I didn't know of a combo of 1900/2100.  Is HSPA+ 42 the only thing that would be lacking on T-Mobile with this device?

To keep things simple, let us just refer to band 2 PCS and band 4 AWS.  T-Mobile has refarmed some of its band 4 AWS for LTE, moving some W-CDMA over to band 2 PCS -- but not everywhere across its network.  The fallback on a device without band 4 W-CDMA will be somewhat compromised on T-Mobile.

AJ

• Like 1

I think that I've decided this will be the device that replaces my G2. I can't find a good reason not to at this point. I need to have lollipop by the spring because I plan to install an aftermarket Android Auto deck so this phone seems like the winner.

I think that I've decided this will be the device that replaces my G2. I can't find a good reason not to at this point. I need to have lollipop by the spring because I plan to install an aftermarket Android Auto deck so this phone seems like the winner.

same here, my yearly upgrade is up on 2/1/15, so unless HTC comes out with a new phone that wows me between now and the Flex 2 being available, i'll be getting this phone :)

same here, my yearly upgrade is up on 2/1/15, so unless HTC comes out with a new phone that wows me between now and the Flex 2 being available, i'll be getting this phone :)

My only complaint about this device is the exclusives.  It'll only be for AT&T/Sprint.  This means a lot less development for the device and I like to tinker with my androids.

I'm curious to know...which android auto head unit do you plan on installing and why.

Thanks

I am not sure yet but have some Google Alerts set up for the Pioneer, Kenwood & Parrot units that were announced at CES. Which one I ultimately select will be based on features and price. I have a bit of a unique application in that this will be replacing a 2-DIN Jensen unit in a motorhome which uses the touch screen for a backup camera image so I need to make sure that the device supports backup cameras.

I also do not have any steering wheel audio controls or voice recognition keys so I will need to pick one that provides all of that for me.

• Like 1