CCA/RRPP live date?

USCC 3G EVDO is not native. Usage counts against your roaming allotment.

Using Tapatalk on Nexus 6

Why Robert? What is taking them so long? Camping season is coming up soon and I need that US Cellular coverage in central Oregon.

Are you expecting USCC coverage to become native? I don't believe that has been the expectation from anyone?

Why Robert? What is taking them so long? Camping season is coming up soon and I need that US Cellular coverage in central Oregon.

U.S. cellular thinks they're big and bad like Verizon, so they are demanding Verizon roaming fees. Idiotic but that's how they work. Roaming probably accounts for a significant portion of their revenue.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

U.S. cellular thinks they're big and bad like Verizon, so they are demanding Verizon roaming fees. Idiotic but that's how they work. Roaming probably accounts for a significant portion of their revenue.

How can they get away with that? If they are part of the CCA, shouldn't they have to follow the same rules as the other members?

How can they get away with that? If they are part of the CCA, shouldn't they have to follow the same rules as the other members?

As far as I know the CCA roaming hub does not set prices.

I roamed in USCC territory yesterday and the M9 was definitely in roaming mode as expected.

• Like 1

That sounds like a factual assertion.  Unless you have evidence to corroborate, let us not jump to those wild conclusions/accusations.  And, if anything, existing evidence seems to point to the contrary, since Sprint prefers USCC over VZW as a roaming partner in PRLs for the last several years.

Now, as for possible reasons why USCC may not be counted as pseudo native coverage, USCC has to protect itself.  Far more than any other CCA/RRPP member, USCC moderately overlaps or is directly adjacent to Sprint in many areas of the country.  USCC cannot stand to have current or potential subs sign up with Sprint for "unlimited" data, national footprint, international roaming, etc., then freely use USCC service 70 percent of the time, for example.

AJ

• Like 1

But isn't the reverse also true? Doesn't Sprint provide USCC customers w/ significant national capability that they lack today?

• Like 1

USCC prefers to roam on Verizon, not Sprint. Not entirely sure why, but that fact is why I left USCC.

- Trip

USCC preferred Verizon for a time due to sprints network not performing to contract agreements. They've swapped back to sprint not too long ago.

Sent from my Nexus 5

• Like 1

Going to USCC NC territory this weekend. So should expect 3G roaming?

I'm on $60 unlimited data. Will I get more than a 100MB roaming bucket on USCC and is Sprint pretty anal about charging after the bucket is depleted?

I'm on $60 unlimited data. Will I get more than a 100MB roaming bucket on USCC and is Sprint pretty anal about charging after the bucket is depleted?

You might roam on uscc but it will be off network data and subject to the regular cap.

So Sprint says 16 rural partners have now launched LTE service. No company names divulged. Also, apparently 4 more partners have joined since the last announced update.  So the total number of partners is up to 30.

http://www.fiercewireless.com/story/sprint-16-30-rural-lte-roaming-partners-have-now-launched-lte-service/2015-05-20?utm_source=Twitter&utm_medium=Editor&utm_campaign=SocialMedia

A little more than half of Sprint's (NYSE: S) rural LTE roaming partners have launched LTE service, according to a Sprint spokeswoman, though it is unclear exactly which ones have done so.

Sprint spokeswoman Adrienne Norton told FierceWireless that as of today "16 carriers are operating 4G LTE service" but that because of confidentiality agreements Sprint cannot disclose which ones.

"Our partners use a variety of LTE bands, including bands 4, 5, 12 and 25," she said, in giving a status update on the program. "We're continuing to work with our device OEMs to enable additional LTE bands to expand coverage for our domestic and international roamers."

• Like 5

USCC in NW is 1X roaming

IS USCC & King Street Wireless similar to what was Sprint & Clearwire before?

Is King Street Wireless an DE for USCC to get discount?

Carlson family owns both. 

Well, if USCC can get an DE discount this way, there is no reason to blast Dish for doing the same thing.

One can also blast the Carlsons for being spectrum speculator / hoarders as well because in many regions they are. 

Hello,

I was wondering if anyone could explain this to me. Inland Cellular is a CCA partner with Sprint and for the six months when I was in their network area, my phone would say "3G Extended" and it would count against my roaming cap. I understand this. This weekend I was in their area again and now it says "3G Sprint". I was out most weekend and I received the text saying I was over my roaming cap. This is very underhanded to say "Sprint" even though I was roaming and it going against the cap. The sprint rep just said check the area. That is fine unless I am on a fringe area, of which we have many around here. Anyone have any other information on this?

Thanks, Doug

Hello,

I was wondering if anyone could explain this to me. Inland Cellular is a CCA partner with Sprint and for the six months when I was in their network area, my phone would say "3G Extended" and it would count against my roaming cap. I understand this. This weekend I was in their area again and now it says "3G Sprint". I was out most weekend and I received the text saying I was over my roaming cap. This is very underhanded to say "Sprint" even though I was roaming and it going against the cap. The sprint rep just said check the area. That is fine unless I am on a fringe area, of which we have many around here. Anyone have any other information on this?

Thanks, Doug

Not a big fan of how roaming is handled either.  Should at least be able to buy another chunk of roaming data. 

From a customer perception standpoint I agree with you statement that when it says "3G Sprint" I would not expect it to go against your roaming.  Try a different customer support angle. I would expect you could get a reprieve for a month if nothing else. 

Sometimes all that is need to stay under the cap is switching apps.  Using navigation software with preloaded maps can save several hundred MB a day if you are using it constantly.