CCA/RRPP live date?

Yes, you did not hear the news?  Mighty Canada invaded.  We were no match for the Mounties, and we lost Montana -- now known as South Alberta.

AJ

Shit call Boomer and let Operation Canadian Bacon commence. But honestly, we should give them Montana and take BC in return. I rather see a connection with Alaska to serve us better.

The best indication of when LTE roaming will begin is sometime in 2015 as per VTel's website. 

Can I use my service outside the VTel Wireless coverage area?

Not today, but we expect to be able to offer roaming to our customers sometime in 2015. VTel has entered into an agreement with a major national carrier to provide data roaming service outside the range of our network.

I thought previously I had some roaming coverage north of salina but south of concordia that worked as native coverage. It seemed to switch back and forth between native-like roaming and limited roaming. Idk if it was going through tests or if it was my imagination. I just passed through the area.

I thought previously I had some roaming coverage north of salina but south of concordia that worked as native coverage. It seemed to switch back and forth between native-like roaming and limited roaming. Idk if it was going through tests or if it was my imagination. I just passed through the area.

For license protection purposes, there is an isolated Sprint site just outside of Concordia.  That was your native Sprint coverage.  It has CDMA1X 800 deployed, so if the site is a boomer, you could have Sprint signal much of the way south to Salina. 

AJ

• Like 1

For license protection purposes, there is an isolated Sprint site just outside of Concordia.  That was your native Sprint coverage.  It has CDMA1X 800 deployed, so if the site is a boomer, you could have Sprint signal much of the way south to Salina. 

AJ

Nope, it was not that site. I am well aware of that site and it doesn't reach that far at all.

One RRPP carrier store manager told me he expects LTE in next 2 months.

Which carrier's store was that?

Also, and I apologize if this has been asked before, but in order for a phone to roam LTE will it be as simple as a PRL update or carrier update or both? I'm sure it will be phone specific.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Which carrier's store was that?

Also, and I apologize if this has been asked before, but in order for a phone to roam LTE will it be as simple as a PRL update or carrier update or both? I'm sure it will be phone specific.

You'll need a CCA-capable device, and for LTE, it's network dependent.  PRL is only for CDMA/EvDo roaming.

You'll need a CCA-capable device, and for LTE, it's network dependent.  PRL is only for CDMA/EvDo roaming.

Yes, keep in mind that if/when LTE roaming goes live, no current iPhone supports band 12.  So, your iPhone will lack LTE roaming capability in many areas.

AJ

Yes, keep in mind that if/when LTE roaming goes live, no current iPhone supports band 12. So, your iPhone will lack LTE roaming capability in many areas.

AJ

Got it. I seem to remember having this discussion with you before now.

Two things:

Is LTE roaming going to be band 12 only? I thought some carriers had band 4 as well.

What are the spots of roaming in the central valley in California? was that previous Cricket coverage that is no longer going to be part of it? It would be cool if there were some other to fill in the gaps in between cities in the Central Valley.

Two things:

Is LTE roaming going to be band 12 only? I thought some carriers had band 4 as well.

What are the spots of roaming in the central valley in California? was that previous Cricket coverage that is no longer going to be part of it? It would be cool if there were some other to fill in the gaps in between cities in the Central Valley.

Old metropcs and cdma carriers that were bought out by Verizon. 

There's no other roaming partner other than Verizon in the central valley until you get way north into the Redding area where Sprint roams onto USCC. 

Is Next-Tech and James Valley Wireless recent additions to Sprint's 3G coverage map?  Or have they been there a while?

James Valley has shown on the map as EVDO Roaming since some time last year. 

NexTech has been a Sprint partner for many years. Initially they were a pseudo-native partner, but fell to EVDO roaming a couple years ago.

When Sprint updates their maps for CCA coverage, anyone know if they'll make the CCA section(s) show as partner coverage or native? Only asking since it seems that the devices are treating it as native.

Sent from my M8