Qualcomm, Ericsson Test Category 9 LTE Equipment

bigsnake49

Qualcomm and Ericsson completed interoperability of category 9 LTE equipment capable of handling up 450Mbs and up to three 20MHz channels. 

http://www.fiercewireless.com/tech/story/qualcomm-ericsson-complete-lte-category-9-interoperability-testing/2014-11-20

Now that's what I call speedy!

• Like 5

Soon© ?

According to the article: "The equipment used for the tests was based on Ericsson's commercially available 14B software release supporting the company's multi-standard RBS6000 ...". Now I have no idea when Sprint will test and deploy release 14B software. Additionally, I have no idea when the other 3 vendors will be releasing theirs. Isn't Ericsson out of the running for band 41 deployments for Sprint? Also, I am sure that the 450Mbps is for 3x20MHz FDD channels. It will be quite a bit less for 3x20MHz TDD channels.

Wait why is there no hate agaist this coming soon? Oh wait it didnt mention sprint lol anyway, how did Nokia and such get much higher speeds on their test?