HD Sprint Coverage Maps

Thank you so much!!! How do you compile images like these? I always wanted topstitch multiple images together but I never could.

With some HTML editing, I was able to view the Sprint coverage map nearly full screen in my browser. I went in and changed nearly every resolution I saw to 4k, and removed images that were in the way. It was a headache.

Then I stitched a few screenshots together.

• Like 8

I'm ashamed to admit I didn't realize Alaska was THAT big!

It is that big in a Mercator projection.

;)

AJ

• Like 3

I didn't realize until yesterday when I checked Sprint's coverage map that I now have Sprint Spark in the area! wow! This makes me want to get a tri-band phone so bad. D:

The spark coverage for Jacksonville is a lie.

In what way?

The sprint map shows Jacksonville bathe in yellow coloring as if band 41 was equal to band 25/26 coverage and it's not. Band 41 is doing its hotspot duty and that's how it should show on the map. Unless sprint is showing spark as band 41/26 on their maps.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

• Like 2

The sprint map shows Jacksonville bathe in yellow coloring as if band 41 was equal to band 25/26 coverage and it's not. Band 41 is doing its hotspot duty and that's how it should show on the map. Unless sprint is showing spark as band 41/26 on their maps.

Thanks for covering tybo

• Like 1

Uh, if you are using your experience with a handset to judge multi band LTE coverage, you are doing it the wrong way.

Sorry, guys, with the move to multi band LTE, all bets are off.  Even though the band that you want may be available, you may not always be camped on it.  That is a product of your handset and the network.

AJ

Uh, if you are using your experience with a handset to judge multi band LTE coverage, you are doing it the wrong way.

Sorry, guys, with the move to multi band LTE, all bets are off. Even though the band that you want may be available, you may not always be camped on it. That is a product of your handset and the network.

AJ

I agree with you. One example I have though is River City Market place near the Jacksonville airport shows turbo Spark coverage. Whenever I go there only band I connect to band 25. It gets so bogged down I get kicked to 3g without ever connecting to band 41. In fact I've never connected to band 41 at this location even though the maps show coverage. Even when outside.

I agree with you. One example I have though is River City Market place near the Jacksonville airport shows turbo Spark coverage. Whenever I go there only band I connect to band 25. It gets so bogged down I get kicked to 3g without ever connecting to band 41. In fact I've never connected to band 41 at this location even though the maps show coverage. Even when outside.

There are some areas around Houston that show Spark coverage, but not even 1X is available outside.

The coverage maps are really just Sprint guessing, and when in doubt they guess in their favor I suppose.

Even if B41 doesn't reach, they still might show it yellow because nearby B41 helps offload B25/B26. So even on B25/B26, you'll  have higher speeds compared to no B41 available in the area.

• Like 1

There are some areas around Houston that show Spark coverage, but not even 1X is available outside. (Katy, TX)

The coverage maps are really just Sprint guessing, and when in doubt they guess in their favor I suppose.

Even if B41 doesn't reach, they still might show it yellow because nearby B41 helps offload B25/B26. So even on B25/B26, you'll  have higher speeds compared to no B41 available in the area.

That's weird because Sensorly shows Sprint having LTE in Katy, TX. It doesn't even show 1x on the 2G/3G map.

I thought for sure I saw the spark icon spinning on my dad's G2 when I was in Lafayette, LA. Or, does the spark icon appear any time any LTE appears?

That is the standard LTE icon whether you are connected to band 25, 26 or 41. 

• Like 1

With Sprint maps you need to zoom in to the best and fair levels. At the zoomed out levels it shows the combined of all signals, which is greatly inaccurate. Zoomed in and looking at Best coverage actually produces pretty accurate signal coverage to expect. I have been pretty impressed in most areas how accurate the Best coverage is.

Using Nexus 5 on Tapatalk