#61 MacinJosh

MacinJosh

S4GRU Moderator & Contributing Author

• S4GRU Staff
  • 11,555 posts
  • Phones/Devices:iPhone 7 Plus 256GB Gold, White/Silver iPad mini 2 64GB
  • LocationPahrump, NV

Posted 16 May 2015 - 12:02 AM

Azimuth, make sure you have iCloud Photo Library turned on in Photos in iCloud, and all your photos will be saved in iCloud, especially if that 157GB is your iCloud storage space. Photos can be downloaded when needed, or you can change the settings to auto download them back to your iPad once you log in to iCloud. The default setting is Optimize i"Device" storage, but I prefer to Download and Keep Originals.

Sent from Josh's iPhone 6+ using Tapatalk

Current Devices:
iPhone 7 Plus 256GB Gold & White/Silver iPad mini 2 64GB
Mid 2014 15" MacBook Pro Retina Intel Core i7 @ 2.5GHz, 16GB RAM & 512GB PCIe SSD

Late 2005 Power Mac G5 2.5 GHz Quad Core (project in the works)

#62 sbolen

sbolen

Member Level: 4G WiMax

• Honored Premier Sponsor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,974 posts
  • Phones/Devices:iPhone 6 Plus, iPhone 5S, iPad Air 2 (Wifi), iPad Air 2 (VZW)
  • LocationSt. Louis, MO

Posted 16 May 2015 - 05:36 AM

Flickr just updated their universal iOS app and it's gorgeous. If you're looking for a high-quality backup service (free!) to stash your photos, you get 1TB free.

I'm still on my unlimited plan, so I've got everything up there.
Say hello:
bolen.co // @sbolen

#63 Azimuth

Azimuth

Member Level: 1x Advanced

• S4GRU Premier Sponsor
  • PipPip
  • 186 posts
  • Phones/Devices:Apple iPhone 5S, iPad Air 2
  • LocationJohannesburg, South Africa

Posted 16 May 2015 - 09:39 AM

@MacinJosh I'm waiting until the new photo service isn't beta before I activate it. Heard some stories that made me stay away.

Edit: okay doesn't seem to be beta anymore. Can anyone vouch for iCloud Photos Library? I use say the sync across all devices was always appealing. I usually have a "Inter Device Share" set up on Photostream to get specific stuff synced.

Regards iCloud storage space, yes, 157GB is what remains free of my monthly 200GB plan.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
<p>FDD-LTE Band 3 | 30Mbps down, 20Mbps up | 30GB mobile data | Huawei B593 LTE CPE

#64 sbolen

sbolen

Member Level: 4G WiMax

• Honored Premier Sponsor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,974 posts
  • Phones/Devices:iPhone 6 Plus, iPhone 5S, iPad Air 2 (Wifi), iPad Air 2 (VZW)
  • LocationSt. Louis, MO

Posted 16 May 2015 - 10:28 AM

@MacinJosh I'm waiting until the new photo service isn't beta before I activate it. Heard some stories that made me stay away.

Edit: okay doesn't seem to be beta anymore. Can anyone vouch for iCloud Photos Library? I use say the sync across all devices was always appealing. I usually have a "Inter Device Share" set up on Photostream to get specific stuff synced.

Regards iCloud storage space, yes, 157GB is what remains free of my monthly 200GB plan.

I'm using it. I backed up my iPhoto library before flipping over to Photos - just in case.

It worked really well - all of my albums were in tact, and I can see everything on my iPhone/iPad/Mac/Web. I'm now in the process of uploading over 16,000 photos from Photostream on my iPad to Flickr - totally seamless.
Say hello:
bolen.co // @sbolen

#65 MacinJosh

MacinJosh

• S4GRU Staff
  • 11,555 posts
  • LocationPahrump, NV

Posted 16 May 2015 - 05:19 PM

I use iCloud Photo Library, and it works great. No problems with my photos transferring from iPhone, iPad, and Mac. It's nice to have access to all my iPhone photos on my Mac when I need to.

Current Devices:
Mid 2014 15" MacBook Pro Retina Intel Core i7 @ 2.5GHz, 16GB RAM & 512GB PCIe SSD

#66 Azimuth

Azimuth

• S4GRU Premier Sponsor
  • PipPip
  • 186 posts

Posted 26 May 2015 - 04:57 AM

It sounds like you have a faulty charger. I've had a number of those. The touch screen goes crazy when you have the device plugged into one. Just get that replaced and you should be fine. Do you have anyone in your area that is licensed to service Apple products other than the cell carriers?

Update: I'm now using a different charger, a 10W iPad charger. Same symptoms. Device has a complete slow down and touch screen is real bad (while plugged in and charging). Charge is currently at 98% so it's definitely not a power saving feature.

<p>FDD-LTE Band 3 | 30Mbps down, 20Mbps up | 30GB mobile data | Huawei B593 LTE CPE

#67 Azimuth

Azimuth

• S4GRU Premier Sponsor
  • PipPip
  • 186 posts

Posted 22 July 2015 - 06:16 AM

I'm using it. I backed up my iPhoto library before flipping over to Photos - just in case.

It worked really well - all of my albums were in tact, and I can see everything on my iPhone/iPad/Mac/Web. I'm now in the process of uploading over 16,000 photos from Photostream on my iPad to Flickr - totally seamless.

I successfully made the switch. Used up a lot of mobile data but it had to be done. I dread syncing my iPhone and then each device re-syncing!

I've chosen to have photos "optimized" on my device. The only issue here is that photos are only cached when viewed. This messes up sharing from other apps which just can't grab the photo e.g. Telegram and Hangouts. The workaround is to share photos from the Photos app outwards and not use apps to "fetch" photos.

#68 DanielB

DanielB

Member Level: 3G EVDO

• S4GRU Premier Sponsor
  • PipPip
  • 345 posts
  • Phones/Devices:GS8+
  • LocationRichmond, VA

Posted 29 September 2015 - 06:54 AM

I noticed Sprint no longer even lists the iPad Air 2 on their site. Have they stopped selling it, or are they just temporarily out of stock of all capacities and all colors?

Daniel B., a proud Sprint user. :D

#69 MacinJosh

MacinJosh

• S4GRU Staff
  • 11,555 posts
  • LocationPahrump, NV

Posted 29 September 2015 - 11:08 AM

I noticed Sprint no longer even lists the iPad Air 2 on their site. Have they stopped selling it, or are they just temporarily out of stock of all capacities and all colors?

I'm thinking its a temporary thing that they stopped selling them online. Some stores may still have them in stock, or may be able to order them.

Current Devices:

#70 DanielB

DanielB

• S4GRU Premier Sponsor
  • PipPip
  • 345 posts
  • LocationRichmond, VA

Posted 02 October 2015 - 09:27 AM

I'm thinking its a temporary thing that they stopped selling them online. Some stores may still have them in stock, or may be able to order them.

So I checked today when I was at the Sprint store...they only have a few 16 GB Air 2's left in stock in the store and the warehouses. 64 GB and 128 GB models in ALL colors are out - can't even be ordered. The store reps didn't have confirmation of this, but think Sprint is discontinuing their sale of the Air 2. :( The Mini 4 seems to be a big push for them, but it's just too small for my needs.

#71 MarshieZballer

MarshieZballer

Member Level: eHRPD

• S4GRU Premier Sponsor
  • PipPipPip
  • 636 posts
  • Phones/Devices:Samsung Galaxy Note 5 32GB (White), Apple iPhone 5S 16GB (Space Gray), Sprint Wi-Fi Connect Router, Sierra 3G/4G USB Modem, Karma Go Hotspot
  • LocationAppleton, Wisconsin

Posted 02 October 2015 - 01:36 PM

So I checked today when I was at the Sprint store...they only have a few 16 GB Air 2's left in stock in the store and the warehouses. 64 GB and 128 GB models in ALL colors are out - can't even be ordered. The store reps didn't have confirmation of this, but think Sprint is discontinuing their sale of the Air 2. :( The Mini 4 seems to be a big push for them, but it's just too small for my needs.

Keep a watch on Swappa. As I've been watching the iPhones, I've noticed the Air 2's pop up on there every so often. However they get snagged pretty quick. 

Marshall - 22 - College Student, Small Business Owner, Hawaiian Lover, Football & Baseball Fanatic, Sprint Backer

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

North Wisconsin Premier Thread (Sponsorship Required)         North Wisconsin Thread (General Access)

Madison/Milwaukee Premier Thread (Sponsorship Required)         Madison/Milwaukee Thread (General Access)

Karma Go Hotspot User Thread (General Access)

Not a sponsor yet? Click HERE to become one today!

#72 DanielB

DanielB

• S4GRU Premier Sponsor
  • PipPip
  • 345 posts
  • LocationRichmond, VA

Posted 05 October 2015 - 05:53 AM

I was lucky enough to get in touch with someone from Marci's department over the weekend. Sprint has indeed stopped selling the iPad Air 2 - any they have left for sale in stores are merely left-over stock that they would like to deplete as soon as possible.

Having said this....if you want an iPad Air 2 of any color and any capacity on Sprint EasyPay, Best Buy can hook you up. :)

#73 Azimuth

Azimuth

• S4GRU Premier Sponsor
  • PipPip
  • 186 posts

Posted 18 November 2015 - 11:50 AM

I successfully made the switch. Used up a lot of mobile data but it had to be done. I dread syncing my iPhone and then each device re-syncing!

I've chosen to have photos "optimized" on my device. The only issue here is that photos are only cached when viewed. This messes up sharing from other apps which just can't grab the photo e.g. Telegram and Hangouts. The workaround is to share photos from the Photos app outwards and not use apps to "fetch" photos.

Aloha.

Man, I regret going with the "Optimise iPad Storage" iCloud Photo Library setting. I use a 60Mbps LTE connection and always have to wait for photos to cache to my iPad from iCloud. Severely irritating. Apps still can't request photos to cache so you can't share optimised photos.

I've switched to the "Download and Keep Originals" setting but in doing so, I'm outta space. Had to delete all my games; all my big apps; all my music; all my iTunes movies. Gah!!!

How are you guys finding the Optimise iPad Storage setting in the U.S.? I really advise against using it, especially if you have lots of self-made videos. Accessing those is a wait-a-thon of note.

#74 Azimuth

Azimuth

• S4GRU Premier Sponsor
  • PipPip
  • 186 posts

Posted 12 August 2016 - 03:19 AM

No more iPad users on S4GRU? :(

#75 MacinJosh

MacinJosh

• S4GRU Staff
  • 11,555 posts
  • LocationPahrump, NV

Posted 13 August 2016 - 09:59 AM

No more iPad users on S4GRU? :(

There are a number of iPad users here, but just not very much discussion like smartphone users.

Sent from my Gold iPhone 6s Plus 128GB using Tapatalk

Current Devices:

#76 Azimuth

Azimuth

• S4GRU Premier Sponsor
  • PipPip
  • 186 posts

Posted 13 August 2016 - 10:11 AM

There's not even a Pro thread!

Edit: my bad, it is there. :)

#77 MacinJosh

MacinJosh

• S4GRU Staff
  • 11,555 posts
  • LocationPahrump, NV

Posted 13 August 2016 - 01:17 PM

There's not even a Pro thread!

Edit: my bad, it is there. :)

We do create threads for most, if not all devices launched on Sprint, even if they are the most expensive devices and the chance that even one person buying it in our membership is slim.

Sent from my Gold iPhone 6s Plus 128GB using Tapatalk

Current Devices:

#78 Azimuth

Azimuth

• S4GRU Premier Sponsor
  • PipPip
  • 186 posts

Posted 10 February 2017 - 10:42 PM

For the first time since I switched to Apple from Samsung, I am without an iPad. I traded it up for my son's Mini.

It kinda fell into complete disuse. Between a phone, tablet and a laptop, it's a lot of duplication.

What I do plan to do, however, is get an iPhone Plus next time. :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: ipad air 2, ipad, apple, spark, band 41

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users