You Know You're a S4GRU Enthusiast when...

twospirits

1oem7g.jpg

You know you're a S4GRU Enthusiast when...

You check the website more than checking on your spouse or children.

You find any excuse for any day trip to go out and take pics of a site.

You start drooling at pics of newly installed panels.

Your family thinks you are one step closer to the looney bin, but still love you.

You change plans every other week since another one comes out every other week and you're happy to report it.

The cops don't bother asking you why you taking pics of a site anymore.

You get audited by the IRS for stating that traveling to take site pics is not a hobby but a job.

You increase your cloud storage for all the speedtest pics you upload.

You want to be adopted by Marcelo Claure and have a lifelong supply of devices.

Your spouse stops you from giving your yearly bonus to the site just to be on top of the Honor list.

You set every device in the Sprint store to show s4gru.com as the home page.

You plan your vacation using the websites NV Deployment maps.

You finally accept that you talk in your sleep when your spouse plays back a recorded tape of you saying, "carrier aggregation,... 8T8R,... speedtest,... backhaul... cow... IBEZ"

TS out

image by member: KD8JBF

• Like 39

I thought I was the only one who did this?   :lol:

I even do it at Verizon, AT&T, Best Buy, Sams Club.  Anywhere and everywhere!

• Like 25

Hahah that is awesome.

We should start changing the att/vz/tmo stores too!

• Like 11

Your high school friends say "You're on the yellow site again." or "Oh yeah the Sprint 4G site, right." 

Your high school superlative says:

Dream: Verizon

Reality: Sprint

(These are all true by the way.)

• Like 12

I thought I was the only one who did this?   :lol:

I even do it at Verizon, AT&T, Best Buy, Sams Club.  Anywhere and everywhere!

This is actually a good idea. I should start doing this. :)

• Like 8

You stare at towers as you drive by and passengers just look at you oddly

You teach/surprise sprint employees with information while waiting for your phone to be set up

You argue with your usual bartenders/servers at chillies about why Sprint has bad service in their restaurant  (specifically because the closest site hasn't been LTE accepted yet -.-)

You convince multiple people to stick it out with Sprint

You always check what LTE band you are on in every single building, forever, always 

You ask your brother to check what LTE band he is on when not at home and to run speed tests and send screenshots to you

Your brother and his girlfriend now call this "your sprint forums website"

You tell them all this sprint related stuff and say it's so exciting, only to get the "you're obsessed" comment in return   :(

• Like 21

You teach/surprise sprint employees with information while waiting for your phone to be set up

You argue with your usual bartenders/servers at chillies about why Sprint has bad service in their restaurant  (specifically because the closest site hasn't been LTE accepted yet -.-)

You always check what LTE band you are on in every single building, forever, always 

You ask your brother to check what LTE band he is on when not at home and to run speed tests and send screenshots to you

I do this daily...my wife thinks I'm an idiot. 

• Like 10

You use Google Map's satellite images to find towers, water towers, or other tall buildings that you think would be perfect locations for new NV sites to fill in or spread Sprint's coverage area 5 states away from your own. 

• Like 13

You check S4GRU more than Facebook.

When you get ready to go on road trip with your family, part of what you are looking forward to is to see what B41 download speeds you might be getting.

Sent from my iPhone 6 using Tapatalk

• Like 13

Your brother and his girlfriend now call this "your sprint forums website"

You tell them all this sprint related stuff and say it's so exciting, only to get the "you're obsessed" comment in return   :(

A sprint store wants to hire me because of the things I Know about Sprint. I went into the store and stayed their for an hour teaching two employees about the different things. I feel achieved. I do the first thing on your list and people also stare at me like I am a freak.  

• Like 8

You have 5 imgur accounts, two cameras, 3 LTE tracking apps, a day off on the weekend where 5 hours are scheduled for tower spotting(formerly "Date Night"), made the jump from just work full time to engineering school as well, break your Nexus 5 and then fix it loading different radios, insist on being the passenger so you can operate/monitor your phone airlink.

Meeting complete strangers at thier job at a site in the middle of nowhere that neither of you knew the other would be at, getting great pics, and meeting cool people and getting some cool knowledge that you can't ever get enough of.

Oh yeah, like everyone else endorsed, homepage, homepage, homepage.

PROTIP;Doing this at the info PC at the Myrtle Beach visitors center is fun.

• Like 6

A sprint store wants to hire me because of the things I Know about Sprint. I went into the store and stayed their for an hour teaching two employees about the different things. I feel achieved. I do the first thing on your list and people also stare at me like I am a freak.

Thats a really good idea. Maybe I'll apply at the sprint store and show them some of my knowledge

Sent from my iPhone 6 on Crapatalk

• Like 3

You use Google Map's satellite images to find towers, water towers, or other tall buildings that you think would be perfect locations for new NV sites to fill in or spread Sprint's coverage area 5 states away from your own.

With our terrible site spacing, I've done this in my own market. :P
  • Like 2

My wife is sitting in front of me at the table, shaking her head as I read every post on this thread...Because she agrees with them ALL!!!

LOL

What have I become....

-.-

Kris

• Like 10