Wimax shutdown date leaked.

Yay! New S4GRU countdown clock!

If you don't know about our Countdown clock, you haven't been here long enough. ????

• Like 14

Does that mean a shut down of all wimax broadcast? Even protection sites?

Maybe all protection sites will be converted to full build. I don't see why not if they have to broadcast 2500MHz at them anyway. If they don't allow consumers to use wimax, wouldn't that mean they'd have to be upgraded to LTE?

Do consumers have to be able to use the spectrum in order to satisfy the build out requirements?

LTE only or full builds?

Well, in the schedule so far, it is only showing B41 dates.  So we don't know to interpret that to include a full Network Vision conversion, just an 8T8R conversion or even just turning on the B41 LTE on a WiMax Dual Mode station.

• Like 1

Well, in the schedule so far, it is only showing B41 dates.  So we don't know to interpret that to include a full Network Vision conversion, just an 8T8R conversion or even just turning on the B41 LTE on a WiMax Dual Mode station.

well some wimax sites aren't running on dual mode equipment. We have two sites out of three here. So my guess they will maybe throw old dual mode RRUs on those panels, and just turn on LTE, or make them full builds.

well some wimax sites aren't running on dual mode equipment. We have two sites out of three here. So my guess they will maybe throw old dual mode RRUs on those panels, and just turn on LTE, or make them full builds.

This is true.  But not all Protection sites are scheduled yet, either.  So, it could be possible, that all the ones schedules so far to date are on Dual Mode Equipment sites.

• Like 1

This is true.  But not all Protection sites are scheduled yet, either.  So, it could be possible, that all the ones schedules so far to date are on Dual Mode Equipment sites.

The only thing is poor old expedience sites are probably left out again.

It probably means a free refurbished EVO LTE/Galaxy Nexus on a two year contract or something lol

actually last time they gave iPhones for like 99 cents or something along those lines.

This was for iDen to CDMA migrations

actually last time they gave iPhones for like 99 cents or something along those lines.

This was for iDen to CDMA migrations

Oh right, forgive me.

EVEN WORSE! They'll give you an iPhone!  :rasp:

(Just kidding iPhone fans)

(Please don't kill me)

• Like 7

They'll probably give out midrange spark devices that will be part of the same lineage as the Sharp Aquos Crystal to increase triband adoption in the budget range of $100-300.

• Like 3

How much cost savings (or one-time increases) will Sprint book with the Wimax shutdown?

About tree fiddy.

AJ

• Like 7

I hope we have as much fun with the WiMAX shutdown as we did with iDEN.

Not so much.

iDEN deserved to die.  WiMAX deserved a chance that it never really received.

AJ

• Like 7

Not so much.

iDEN deserved to die.  WiMAX deserved a chance that it never really received.

AJ

Possibly, but that ship has apparently sailed. So we might as well have fun with it.

• Like 1