Sprint Phone Connect 3

MacinJosh

Today, Sprint announced the Sprint Phone Connect 3 with a feature I'm sure some people will love: Bluetooth connect to your phone to answer calls on your cordless phone if it's closer than your cell.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1411010157.390977.jpg

Announcement is here: http://newsroom.sprint.com/blogs/devices-apps-and-services/third-generation-sprint-phone-connect-lets-you-connect-answer-mobile-phone-calls-with-home-phone.htm

Pricing is simple: $6.25/mo on Easy Pay with a credit of $6.25/mo on your account if activated on a Sprint Phone Connect Plan.

Hopefully it'll include fax capabilities so it can be a true landline replacement, but I won't hold my breath.

Anyone thinking of getting one?

Sent from my iPhone 5S using Tapatalk

• Like 1

Today, Sprint announced the Sprint Phone Connect 3...

Hopefully it'll include fax capabilities so it can be a true landline replacement, but I won't hold my breath.

As always, thanks for your report, Josh!  If it does have fax capability, therefore being a "true" landline replacement, I will definitely consider it.   :tu:     

As always, thanks for your report, Josh!  If it does have fax capability, therefore being a "true" landline replacement, I will definitely consider it.   :tu:     

Yeah, yeah, welcome to 1997.  I got your fax machine right here...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MWXhfywmQ5A

AJ

• Like 2

As always, thanks for your report, Josh! If it does have fax capability, therefore being a "true" landline replacement, I will definitely consider it. :tu:

These things will never be a "true" landline replacement until they can tap into the Caller ID databases to show the names of the callers, not just numbers. That alone would make me never want to buy one of these.

Yeah, yeah, welcome to 1997. I got your fax machine right here...

AJ

Some of us surprisingly still use fax machines, especial since we deal with people who don't know how to scan and email documents yet.

• Like 4

Some of us surprisingly still use fax machines, especial since we deal with people who don't know how to scan and email documents yet.

True, I feel sorry for us. ;)

• Like 1

It is funny that people are still in 1997 with faxes.  Where I work, we use EchoSign and it is so much easier.

Working with lawyers and accountants... faxes are my life. Also I think Vonage offers a much better plan since I do a lot of international calling and faxing.

Working with lawyers and accountants... faxes are my life. Also I think Vonage offers a much better plan since I do a lot of international calling and faxing.

You should check out the latest google voice rates/plans.  You can just use hangouts with a google voice number and be 100% voip at no cost with extremely low international rates.  The VOIP quality is rather good.

You should check out the latest google voice rates/plans.  You can just use hangouts with a google voice number and be 100% voip at no cost with extremely low international rates.  The VOIP quality is rather good.

I still need to be able to to fax. Vonage is the only service I have been able to fax with consistently.

We still have a fax machine in our house! I'd say we send at least 2-3 faxes a month, which I consider to be quite high for the year 2014!