Sharp AQUOS Crystal User Thread

COZisBack

Good to know. Thanks.

I'm surprised you didn't get a test product. How dare they make you pay for it.

I've played with it and I honestly like it. It is a very nice looking phone.

Don't they know who I think I am???

• Like 8

im excited for you. This phone has peaked my interest again now that it exists... I won't get one, but I'm still curious about it

Sent from my iPhone 6 on Crapatalk

At least go look at it. I like the phone. It is a very good mid-range product. It reminds me of the Nexus on the software side.

At least go look at it. I like the phone. It is a very good mid-range product. It reminds me of the Nexus on the software side.

Wonder if they have it at best buy. I'll take a look at it one of these days...

Wonder if they have it at best buy. I'll take a look at it one of these days...

Both sprint prepaid, postpaid, and boost mobile was sold out when I went to my local best buy two days ago... So...

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

Anyone buying a Sharp Aquos Crystal needs to be careful.  If you buy a Prepaid model, no matter from whom, it is not usable on a Sprint postpaid account.  They are not whitelisted to be used on Sprint.  I had to buy mine directly from Sprint and select a postpaid plan to get mine.  

It's likely that the Best Buy version at $280 is a postpaid Sprint model, but be careful.  As Best Buy has sold Virgin Mobile stuff in the past.  And the Virgin Aquos Crystal cannot be activated on a Sprint postpaid account.

• Like 2

Anyone buying a Sharp Aquos Crystal needs to be careful. If you buy a Prepaid model, no matter from whom, it is not usable on a Sprint postpaid account. They are not whitelisted to be used on Sprint. I had to buy mine directly from Sprint and select a postpaid plan to get mine.

It's likely that the Best Buy version at $280 is a postpaid Sprint model, but be careful. As Best Buy has sold Virgin Mobile stuff in the past. And the Virgin Aquos Crystal cannot be activated on a Sprint postpaid account.

My Best Buy has all four models available. Sprint postpaid, Sprint prepaid, Boost, and Virgin.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

• Like 1

Anyone buying a Sharp Aquos Crystal needs to be careful.  If you buy a Prepaid model, no matter from whom, it is not usable on a Sprint postpaid account.  They are not whitelisted to be used on Sprint.

Which is complete bullshit policy....but thats another rant.

Im sure multiple people will walk into a store like Target or Best Buy, see "Sprint Prepaid" for $150, and have a very angry call with customer service when theyre home 30 minutes later and they cant activate it on their postpaid account.....I know my dad would do this exact same thing if I didnt spell out exactly what model to buy.

• Like 1

Which is complete bullshit policy....but thats another rant.

Im sure multiple people will walk into a store like Target or Best Buy, see "Sprint Prepaid" for $150, and have a very angry call with customer service when theyre home 30 minutes later and they cant activate it on their postpaid account.....I know my dad would do this exact same thing if I didnt spell out exactly what model to buy.

I agree with you.  Sprint should whitelist any device that is capable of being used on their network and has not been reported stolen or lost.

• Like 1

I agree with you. Sprint should whitelist any device that is capable of being used on their network and has not been reported stolen or lost.

I agree here too, because my Samsung Alias 2 that I had on Verizon postpaid years ago, I can activate it as a prepaid or postpaid phone. Sprint would do well to whitelist all their prepaid devices for postpaid service.

Sent from my iPhone 5S using Tapatalk

• Like 1

OK. I've received mine. WiFi calling works great for incoming and outgoing calls. Even outside Sprint areas...say like South Dakota. The thing gets pretty hot though during WiFi calling. More to come.

Using Sharp AQUOS Crystal on Tapatalk

• Like 4

OK. I've received mine. WiFi calling works great for incoming and outgoing calls. Even outside Sprint areas...say like South Dakota. The thing gets pretty hot though during WiFi calling. More to come.

Text messaging working fine?

Text messaging working fine?

Yes. I just tried it. Worked both sending and receiving, no issues. The only thing that's wonky is you must verify the physical address for E911 every time you use a new WiFi. And if the address can't be validated exactly, it no workee. Which I had to verify the address just now at Five Guys because I was using my AT&T Hotspot.

• Like 2

Yes. I just tried it. Worked both sending and receiving, no issues. The only thing that's wonky is you must verify the physical address for E911 every time you use a new WiFi. And if the address can't be validated exactly, it no workee. Which I had to verify the address just now at Five Guys because I was using my AT&T Hotspot.

Verifying a hotspot address is comical.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

• Like 6

I have that same condition, and no known cure.

:D

TS

I'm gonna get one too! Talk about a steal!  Especially if you are someone who still doesn't have a tri-band device, it seems almost silly not to pick this thing up.  It's gotta be the most bang for the buck for 2014. 

The screen on this thing is very good. I'm really happy with the quality. It may only be a 720p device, but it looks great. It's definitely not a flagship device. But it is hands down the best budget device I've ever used. And once you get used to not having a bezel, it sure is hard to go back to my BlackBerry Z30 or Nexus 5. We need a bezelless flagship device.

• Like 11

When the WiFi Calling is live, the CDMA turns off completely.

No surprise there, my HTC M8 does the same thing. Once it establishes a solid connection to Sprint for wifi calling, it disables the CDMA radio. I suppose you might as well save some battery.

• Like 4

How's the sound quality. Not the speakers, the non-existent ear piece I have read so negatively about. Reviewers seem to always be negative about budget phones, and that seems to be the big concern with this one. Also how is it connecting onto the network? Strong radio I am hoping...

Coming from a Galaxy S2 this would have to be a giant step forward I would assume...

Cheers and have a good one!

Edited by gsd10

What's the cheapest way to get this phone as a secondary line for SignalCheck purposes?

Boost, Virgin, Ting? Voice and SMS are probably irrelevant.

I think Sprint Prepaid, Virgin and Boost offer it for $149.99.  Sprint Postpaid and Ting are $239, AFAIK.  If you buy the Sprint Prepaid, Virgin or Boost models, they are locked to those companies and cannot be moved over to Sprint Postpaid ever.