Orange County Cell Sites on High Voltage Power lines finally being converted to Network Vision

I had reported a few times the past couple of years that Sprint typically wasn't doing NV upgrades on most of the cell sites that were located on power company utility lattice towers.  More specifically Southern California Edison property towers.  Well I'm happy to report that most of them are finally getting done now including mine which construction began this morning.  With over 95% of all sites already been upgraded it figured that mine would be in the final 5%.  Been a LONG wait and glad it's finally over.  Now I'm just hoping that they don't mess anything up and keep the azimuth pattern the way it's been without modification.

• Like 8

I had reported a few times the past couple of years that Sprint typically wasn't doing NV upgrades on most of the cell sites that were located on power company utility lattice towers.  More specifically Southern California Edison property towers.  Well I'm happy to report that most of them are finally getting done now including mine which construction began this morning.  With over 95% of all sites already been upgraded it figured that mine would be in the final 5%.  Been a LONG wait and glad it's finally over.  Now I'm just hoping that they don't mess anything up and keep the azimuth pattern the way it's been without modification.

Are they full build sites with new panels and RRUs are are they GMO sites for now? With the exception of one of our local sites, all of our high voltage power line sites were GMOed. At least we got lucky in that most of them are broadcasting B25 LTE. Our one exception was one site that was built as a full build from the get go. 

You're joking by starting a new thread for this right?

I'm not gonna lie, I'll probably be about as happy as the OP when they finally upgrade our site in Shepherdsville KY. Windstream ran fiber back in February of '13 and it has yet to be touched.   :wall:  

I'm not gonna lie, I'll probably be about as happy as the OP when they finally upgrade our site in Shepherdsville KY. Windstream ran fiber back in February of '13 and it has yet to be touched. :wall:

We have quite a few of these in Columbus that we're keeping an eye on for conversions.

We have quite a few of these in Columbus that we're keeping an eye on for conversions.

At least I'm lucky that its one of the very few remaining legacy sites in the market. I watch this and several GMO sites closely for activity since NV 2.0 has started here. Its hard to install 8t8r on a GMO site. 

mostly all the ones owned my bonneville damn admin in portland/vancouver have been done now.. there be 1 or 2 left.. Now the questionable ones are the Clear sites that could exist one em, I know of 1 for sure that sits at a dog park i frequently go to, I cant find permits for my area as the site has gotten butchered badly, but I know there upgrading my metro area based off the portland ones that were found. soooo ?? who knows

In the northern part of LA Metro, there are at least 3 LADWP transmission tower installations that have not had any work.  The bulk of the remaining work seems to be:  transmission tower installations, distribution power pole installations and for some reason sites on university and college campuses (not DAS, but macro sites.)

In the northern part of LA Metro, there are at least 3 LADWP transmission tower installations that have not had any work.  The bulk of the remaining work seems to be:  transmission tower installations, distribution power pole installations and for some reason sites on university and college campuses (not DAS, but macro sites.)

Yeah probably because all of those require extra red tape and/or have more challenging installations.  There are plans to convert many of the DAS sites around Malibu, Topanga, Palisades, Studio City, etc but it looks like most of them are planned for 2015.

Yeah probably because all of those require extra red tape and/or have more challenging installations.  There are plans to convert many of the DAS sites around Malibu, Topanga, Palisades, Studio City, etc but it looks like most of them are planned for 2015.

Do you know more details about this?  LA Metro has a lot of Juni gear that probably isn't compatible with B26 (or B41).  I know Alcatel-Lucent has some small cell equipment.

All of this talk about cell sites on power lines, and no photos!

:needpic:

(Sorry, I figured this was a pretty good time to use that one. :) )

Look at the first image in this post (legacy equipment):

http://s4gru.com/index.php?/topic/5072-not-complete-maps/?p=357582

• Like 1

Look at the first image in this post (legacy equipment):

http://s4gru.com/index.php?/topic/5072-not-complete-maps/?p=357582

Sweet! We don't have many of those around here (though there are plenty of hi-capacity power lines that are in great places for cell sites) and the few that we do have are all VZ or T-Mobile.

Can't wait for this.