Marcelo Claure, Town Hall Meetings, New Family Share Pack Plan, Unlimited Individual Plan, Discussion Thread

joshuam

I don't see how they can do subsidized for $50 per month.  $30 device subsidy built in, only getting $20 per month per subscriber.  I just can't see that happening.  If anything, I expect them to delink the device and the service.  

Although I don't know what to expect in the next plan, and I do expect it to be aggressive, I just can't fathom them essentially giving away flagship devices.  Because that's what they'd be doing if they lower subsidized plans to the same price or lower as everyone else's unsubsidized plans.  I expect a really cheap price with an introductory data tier, and a la carte add ons for extra data allotments, unlimited and a device subsidy/financing.  

A cheaper, easier to understand Framily, without having to be linked to members.

Robert

• Like 5

Sprints whole claim was with band 41 and CA they could keep up with future data demands and keep everyone happy.

So, throw slightly cheaper plans with more data. Tablets and hotspots shouldn't have access fees if you have phone service.

• Like 2

I think 2 year plans should be gone. I love the framily/easy pay concept, cheaper monthly rates, and you aren't "stuck" for 2 years.

You're still stuck. You either fulfill the contract of your plan or easy pay agreement. If you don't you either pay the remaining balance of your phone or termination fee.

It's the same thing

• Like 1

Yeah but gives you some freedom to pay it off in a couple months if you want, or just go the whole 2 years. Once you pay it off you get the cheaper rates. I think have subsidized and unsubsidized plans on the same carrier creates confusion to consumers.

• Like 1

I'm sure these new plans will require easy pay. Hopefully it includes both 2 yr and easy pay

It may not be the next batch of plans that are announced, but 2 year contracts and subsidized phones are on the way out. The writing is on the wall. Look at every carrier. The sooner we decouple devices from service the better. The average consumers perception of what smartphones cost is completely off.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

I'm sure these new plans will require easy pay. Hopefully it includes both 2 yr and easy pay

Or... If you own or bring your own device, that should be OK too.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

• Like 3

$50 is good for one, but I hope that the plans get cheaper the more people/devices you have on your plan. I'm paying $95 for two people on TMO and over $70 for one on Sprint. I don't foresee easy pay prices included in this plan.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

• Like 2

For unsubsidized plans, they have to be $50 or less to save the consumer any money if you're paying $30 for the device, + $50 for the service, thats is equal to the ~$80 you were paying for a subsidized phone every 2 years.

If you're on a subsidized plan (~$80) *and* using easy pay or whatever, then you are paying double for the phone.

Edited by dedub
  • Like 4

I don't see how they can do subsidized for $50 per month.  $30 device subsidy built in, only getting $20 per month per subscriber.  I just can't see that happening.  If anything, I expect them to delink the device and the service.  

Although I don't know what to expect in the next plan, and I do expect it to be aggressive, I just can't fathom them essentially giving away flagship devices.  Because that's what they'd be doing if they lower subsidized plans to the same price or lower as everyone else's unsubsidized plans.  I expect a really cheap price with an introductory data tier, and a la carte add ons for extra data allotments, unlimited and a device subsidy/financing.  

A cheaper, easier to understand Framily, without having to be linked to members.

Robert

Verizon is doing unlimited talk/text, 2GB of data, and a subsidy for $60. (http://www.verizonwireless.com/wcms/consumer/shop/shop-data-plans/single-line-data-plans.html)

And, Sprint obviously has to be cheaper than Verizon...so $50 subsidized isn't the least bit farfetched. 

• Like 1

Verizon is doing unlimited talk/text, 2GB of data, and a subsidy for $60. (http://www.verizonwireless.com/wcms/consumer/shop/shop-data-plans/single-line-data-plans.html)

And, Sprint obviously has to be cheaper than Verizon...so $50 subsidized isn't the least bit farfetched.

You can't compare a $60 2GB plan with a $50 unlimited plan.

I sure would like some flexibility in price/data allotment on hotspots & tethering.

I'll never use 3gb/mo on my hotspot, but that's the floor @ $34.99.

• Like 2

You can't compare a $60 2GB plan with a $50 unlimited plan.

a ) Where did I say unlimited data at that $50?

b ) You can't compare Verizon's network to Sprint's.

c ) "Truly disruptive" pricing is going to actually require Sprint to be aggressive.

• Like 3

a ) Where did I say unlimited data at that $50?

b ) You can't compare Verizon's network to Sprint's.

c ) "Truly disruptive" pricing is going to actually require Sprint to be aggressive.

a ) The recent discussion in this thread is about a $50 unlimited plan. I assumed you were participating in the current discussion.

b ) I don't recall comparing Verizon's network to Sprint's.

c ) If you don't find a $50 unlimited plan disruptive then I am lost. Not sure who has a better unlimited plan.

• Like 1