Create an "Industry" forum for non-NV/Sprint-related news items

sbolen

First time caller, long-time listener... (Go ahead, caller)

We have some of the best and brightest minds in wireless that gather to talk about Sprint. While the moderation is top-notch when it comes to shutting down discussions that veer way off topic with regards to other carriers, I think it would benefit the community to have a spot for S4GRU members to talk about the wireless landscape as a whole, as Sprint attempts to fend off T-Mobile as the #3 carrier, AT&T hits snags with deployments, Verizon adds a random letter to "LTE" and rolls out a giant campaign around it, etc.

Just looking at the first page of results in the "General Topics" area, I could see the following Network-related threads existing in this sub-forum:

TL;DR: Can we have a forum where we can discuss the state of the wireless industry in the U.S.?

Thanks, I'll hang up and listen.

• Like 11

First time caller, long-time listener... (Go ahead, caller)

We have some of the best and brightest minds in wireless that gather to talk about Sprint. While the moderation is top-notch when it comes to shutting down discussions that veer way off topic with regards to other carriers, I think it would benefit the community to have a spot for S4GRU members to talk about the wireless landscape as a whole, as Sprint attempts to fend off T-Mobile as the #3 carrier, AT&T hits snags with deployments, Verizon adds a random letter to "LTE" and rolls out a giant campaign around it, etc.

Just looking at the first page of results in the "General Topics" area, I could see the following Network-related threads existing in this sub-forum:

TL;DR: Can we have a forum where we can discuss the state of the wireless industry in the U.S.?

Thanks, I'll hang up and listen.

Yeah, I agree with you 100%, but we have one already. It's called "General Topics"  :P. Oh, you want a sub forum? Sure!!!

We allow topics on other providers. They are closely monitored and have to follow the posting guidelines explicitly. They cannot be anti-Sprint, or overly promotional or virtual advertisements for other providers. They need to be more technical in nature and expand the intellectual discussion of networks and enhance understanding.

Members can add other provider topics in the General Topics forum. If a thread requires constant moderating and takes too much time to keep it on course because of consistent problems or trolling, then we will shut it down.

Robert via Samsung Note 8.0 using Tapatalk Pro

• Like 7

We allow topics on other providers. They are closely monitored and have to follow the posting guidelines explicitly. They cannot be anti-Sprint, or overly promotional or virtual advertisements for other providers. They need to be more technical in nature and expand the intellectual discussion of networks and enhance understanding.

Members can add other provider topics in the General Topics forum. If a thread requires constant moderating and takes too much time to keep it on course because of consistent problems or trolling, then we will shut it down.

Robert via Samsung Note 8.0 using Tapatalk Pro

Could the posting guidelines be updated to reflect what is certainly permitted regarding other carriers?  I know sometimes the rules have changed frequently brought on by discussions in various threads, where the change is also announced, and it is hard to stay up to date on what is acceptable without monitoring every thread for issues that have arose.  I know at some point it was became against the rules to post speedtests from other carriers, and if I can remember correctly at some point it was also against the rules to discuss other carriers at one point in time.  Would just be nice to have a singular place to refer to for future reference.  I don't want to find out I posted something unacceptable after the fact.

http://s4gru.com/index.php?/topic/1197-s4gru-posting-guidelines-aka-the-rulez/

• Like 2