Samsung Galaxy Note 4

dnicekid

This sounds like a heck of a lot of fun. All the way around! But, regarding the phone, I'd just leave it at home or in the car in that case. Too much risk vs very little benefit. Sometimes it's not only good - but mentally refreshing - to entirely cut yourself off!

if you really need it with you I'd use one of those dry bags that are made for those situations as I believe they float as well. If it falls in the river with out that chances are slim of finding, especially with moving water.

Sent from my CoziBlurred4.3 gN2

if you really need it with you I'd use one of those dry bags that are made for those situations as I believe they float as well. If it falls in the river with out that chances are slim of finding, especially with moving water.

What my brother does w/ his GS5 is that he has one of those camera straps on his bumper case, and carabiners that to his tube. 

I think I'll probably end up getting one of those dry cases as you mentioned. I'm not sure how much those affect the camera and speaker quality since they put an extra layer over both. At least I can take some calls and take care of things in the meantime. Would also be nice to have the phone around in case of emergency, etc...

This sounds like a heck of a lot of fun. All the way around! 

One of the best parts of living in the Reno-Tahoe area. If you guys are ever in the area or go to LV, let me know and I'll point you towards the best places to go.

Crazy that they can pack in a heart rate monitor, UV sensor, and oxygen level sensor, but putting in the premium modem (the whole thing that makes it a PHONE) might have slipped.

Apparently it has enough medical equipment they're concerned they'll be labeled a medical device:
http://bgr.com/2014/09/12/galaxy-note-4-release-date-5/

Crazy that they can pack in a heart rate monitor, UV sensor, and oxygen level sensor, but putting in the premium modem (the whole thing that makes it a PHONE) might have slipped.

Apparently it has enough medical equipment they're concerned they'll be labeled a medical device:

http://bgr.com/2014/09/12/galaxy-note-4-release-date-5/

Just abou every kind of sensor except the most important one;

a BREATHALYZER

• Like 2

What modem is the GN4 going to pack? Judging by no carrier aggregation, I'd guess MDM9625.

Judging by this article on anandtech and from what we've seen on other Snapdragon 805 phones i would imagine it should be a cat6 capable MDM9x35.

http://www.anandtech.com/show/8465/samsung-announces-galaxy-note-4-hands-on

Can't imagine why they didn't enable carrier aggregation...

I imagine a breathalyzer would never pass the legal department.

The are sold pretty cheap on Amazon and eBay if someone really needs one. The better policy is to not drive after drinking. It's just not worth the risk.

Sent from my SPH-L720T using Tapatalk

• Like 3

I imagine a breathalyzer would never pass the legal department.

The are sold pretty cheap on Amazon and eBay if someone really needs one. The better policy is to not drive after drinking. It's just not worth the risk.

Sent from my SPH-L720T using Tapatalk

agreed, however the first phone maker that ever includes a breathalyzer is going to be a big hit.

I have one of those devices from amazon, and while it does function decently well, I would much prefer it integrated into my phone so as not to have another device in pocket that needs batteries or can get lost.

Frankly I'm surprised that the government and MADD hasn't mandated breathalyzers in all vehicles, yet.

Edited by dedub

MADD has suggested breathalyzers in all vehicles as scale would make it cheap to add.

Alcohol companies and car manufacturers both heavily oppose it.

The phone manufacturers are large with deep enough pockets that a breathalyzer would probably cause lawsuits. A small company running of Amazon and EBay might not have US offices to make them collectable.

The docs were posted back in post # 118.

As for that date, I doubt it. I don't recall Sprint ever releasing a device on Saturday. If anything the day before on Friday the 10th.  That is the day that SamMobile predicted but I feel it may be sooner than that. see post.

We'll find out soon enough though. At least for the Note 4. The Note Edge would probably be much later.

Edit: I went through my list of Sprint Released phone from 2000 up to mid 2012 and I stand corrected. there have been quite a few phones released on Saturday and Sunday. The most have been on Mondays and Fridays though.

TS

• Like 1

As for that date, I doubt it. I don't recall Sprint ever releasing a device on Saturday. If anything the day before on Friday the 10th. That is the day that SamMobile predicted but I feel it may be sooner than that. see post.

We'll find out soon enough though. At least for the Note 4. The Note Edge would probably be much later.

TS

Well crap. I search FCC in the browser and found nothing in the thread. My mistake!

I also meant I predicted the release on the 10th. I mistook the 11th for the second Friday of Oct. :P

• Like 1

As for that date, I doubt it. I don't recall Sprint ever releasing a device on Saturday. If anything the day before on Friday the 10th. That is the day that SamMobile predicted but I feel it may be sooner than that. see post.

TS

can someone be more specific to what document shows this info. Not trying to be difficult just trying to learn as these documents are very complex with a lot of info to decipher. Also it would help to see a comparison to a device that is CA approved to help see the difference. I understand it's a lot to ask so if no one is interested in providing no worries.

sent from my Galaxy Tab Pro 8.4 via taptalk pro

can someone be more specific to what document shows this info. Not trying to be difficult just trying to learn as these documents are very complex with a lot of info to decipher. Also it would help to see a comparison to a device that is CA approved to help see the difference. I understand it's a lot to ask so if no one is interested in providing no worries.

sent from my Galaxy Tab Pro 8.4 via taptalk pro

The problem is it requires showing what isn't there, which is a lot harder than showing when something is there.

If you take a look through the list of LTE bandwidth tests for different MHZ (LTE Test report, page 34), you'll see the channel bandwidths. None of them is above 20mhz. Sprint's Band 41 is all in 20mhz chunks, so using two carriers would require 40mhz. I believe that is one of the signs that there is no carrier aggregation, but someone more knowledgeable can chime in over me.

• Like 1

The problem is it requires showing what isn't there, which is a lot harder than showing when something is there.

If you take a look through the list of LTE bandwidth tests for different MHZ (LTE Test report, page 34), you'll see the channel bandwidths. None of them is above 20mhz. Sprint's Band 41 is all in 20mhz chunks, so using two carriers would require 40mhz. I believe that is one of the signs that there is no carrier aggregation, but someone more knowledgeable can chime in over me.

makes sense and thank you I guess I was curious if they have to test/approve CA if it's technically two 20mhz chunks. Not to mention most of what AJ and others say is way above my knowledge level so I need the tech for dummies version.

makes sense and thank you I guess I was curious if they have to test/approve CA if it's technically two 20mhz chunks. Not to mention most of what AJ and others say is way above my knowledge level so I need the tech for dummies version.

Yeah, I was hoping one of them would chime in as well. I tried looking up the Galaxy S5 LTE-A edition in the FCC docs to see if I could find what carrier aggregation would look like, but I didn't see anything in its docs about it. In fact, the Galaxy S5 LTE-A edition seems to only support channels up to 10mhz in the US according to the FCC doc.

Don't know if anyone has posted this yet. http://www.samsung.com/us/mobile/cell-phones/SM-N910PZKESPR

Gotta love Samsung. Even on the Sprint version, it only lists GSM/HSPA/LTE capability. No reference to CDMA at all. :lol:

It even shows LTE as Cat 4 or 6. Not one or the other. It's so generic and not network specific. Bums.

Preorders start tomorrow, sprint yet to announce it yet. Doesn't go on sale til Oct 17th though :-( .. Such a bummer. Been wanting this so bad and now another month to wait. Bleh. http://www.androidpolice.com/2014/09/18/samsung-galaxy-note-4-pre-orders-begin-september-19th-retail-availability-on-october-17th/

Gotta love Samsung. Even on the Sprint version, it only lists GSM/HSPA/LTE capability. No reference to CDMA at all. :lol:

It even shows LTE as Cat 4 or 6. Not one or the other. It's so generic and not network specific. Bums.

Yeah I just read that, why even bother labeling it the Sprint version if your not going to give specific details pertaining to that model errr!

Also, left hand drive or right hand drive.

AJ