Samsung Galaxy Note 4

dnicekid

Sprint Galaxy Note 4 Pre-register site is up now.

Sprint will be offering both the Note 4 and Note Edge.

The only carrier offering both versions. woohoo

and from the statement, it might seem like it will be offering the Gear VR too. hmmm

I wonder if they truly will be the only one?  It could be a creative press release saying you can only get those phones with Sprint Spark on Sprint :-D  Of course the VZ version wouldn't have Spark.

• Like 1

I'm trying to find pics of the Note Edge. Please post if you find one. Thanks.

http://www.theverge.com/2014/9/3/6097297/samsung-galaxy-note-edge-wraparound-display

Great pics here.

Disappointed the battery capacity drops to 3000mah on the Edge :/  I know that isn't a huge difference but it is a compromise.

• Like 1

I wonder if they truly will be the only one?  It could be a creative press release saying you can only get those phones with Sprint Spark on Sprint :-D  Of course the VZ version wouldn't have Spark.

All four of the major U.S. carriers have said they're carrying both the Note 4 and Note Edge.

Why did they drop usb 3.0 in favor of usb 2.0?

Edit: Oh I see. Why did they bother throwing it on the GS5 then?

"This year, the phone maker went back to USB 2.0; the product managers said that not many people were using the 3.0 port for data transfers, so they didn't see the point in taking up room inside the phone for that purpose."

http://www.engadget.com/2014/09/03/samsung-galaxy-note-4-hands-on/

• Like 1

I'll be bummed if it doesn't support Carrier Aggregation despite having the Snapdragon 805.

It will support carrier aggregation.  But it may not support band 41 carrier aggregation.  We shall see.

AJ

I'm trying to find pics of the Note Edge. Please post if you find one. Thanks.

Ask and you shall receive boss.  :)

GN4-Edge-Differenes.png

Its interesting to note from the specs that the Edge is smaller in height but a bit wider. The display according to these specs is also smaller but does that include the side panel or not?

Sources:

Images from Verge

Specs from BGR

Format: me 

TS out

• Like 3

I'm still holding judgment right now, kinda want to see the Nexus X. I miss my S Pen but don't care too much for TouchWiz. Hmm, too many decisions to make.

Agreed.  Maybe it is a good thing we have to wait a month.  Hopefully we'll know something about the X by then.

Agreed. Maybe it is a good thing we have to wait a month. Hopefully we'll know something about the X by then.

Yeah, I don't hate Samsung. Just to make that clear, they have good phones. I love Motorola though, and if the rumors are correct the Nexus X will be sweet. My only problem is will Otterbox make a Defender for it? I need a rugged case where I work.

Anyone seen if the battery is still swappable? I saw its a bit bigger and charges fast with the Samsung cable but not if its still swappable.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

It will support carrier aggregation. But it may not support band 41 carrier aggregation. We shall see.

AJ

It would be a pretty big screw-up if band 41 carrier aggregation wasn't supported... Phone doesn't release until October and Sprint has already announced that they will have 2 carrier aggregation up by the end of the year. They wouldn't do that if none of their phones could use it.
  • Like 1

It would be a pretty big screw-up if band 41 carrier aggregation wasn't supported... Phone doesn't release until October and Sprint has already announced that they will have 2 carrier aggregation up by the end of the year. They wouldn't do that if none of their phones could use it.

Besides, what other phones will be coming out that could support it?  MAYBE the iPhone 6?  Only other would be Nexus X.  We may get an idea of that when the new Mot X is announced tomorrow.

Besides, what other phones will be coming out that could support it? MAYBE the iPhone 6? Only other would be Nexus X. We may get an idea of that when the new Mot X is announced tomorrow.

With the way Apple is so slow with cellular network support I bet they don't add carrier aggregation until the next iPhone.

Anyone seen if the battery is still swappable? I saw its a bit bigger and charges fast with the Samsung cable but not if its still swappable.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

The battery is indeed replaceable. I saw a hands on video of someone taking the back cover off to show the battery. I'll see if I can find the vid.

*Edit*

Here is the video I was referring to:

• Like 1

It wouldn't surprise me. The Galaxy Note 3 wasn't triband.  :td:

I'd prefer to see a better, more shatter proof screen than water resistance.

My wife dropped her GS5 one time, and the screen shattered big time. Dropped prior phones multiple times without shattering.

Do you even case, bro? :-)

Every smartphone I've had I bought a Seidio Convert case for it. No shock issues ever. The waterproof cases are a lot more clunky.

no thanks.

Hate paying high dollar for a premium, sleek phone and then adding a huge, ugly bulky case to it.

Bulky? My first cellphone was a bag phone. Tell me about bulky again? :-)

I hate these tiny, flimsy phones with no battery life.

Do you even case, bro? :-)

Every smartphone I've had I bought a Seidio Convert case for it. No shock issues ever. The waterproof cases are a lot more clunky.

I generally like Seidio cases, also.  Let's see what they can design for the Edge! :)