I updated the sheet with the city info.

Just so you know I just added my posting with all TAC's from the Kitsap area.  I still have 1 tower that I have not visited, but I'm 99% sure its the same TAC range.  I also created a map.  But I did not share it because it contains Site ID's.  

Hey I decided to go ahead and start a TAC tracking thread. The TAC , in my findings, have been a value to me deciphering which band I am connected to. Signal check pro easily states the TAC when connected to LTE.

If you can report your Market, city, which band you are connected too(engineering screens will relay which band you are on), and of course your TAC. We will create a spreadsheet with the information in time.

Do NOT post Side ID's or any sponsor level information. Censor the info out if you use SCP notes. Thanks!

I have a ton more tac findings for you. I just need to export my data.

• Like 1

I have a couple more for you I got the other day.

Market: West Washington

TAC: 23302

LTE Band: Band 25

TAC: 23322

TAC: 23303

TAC: 23331

• Like 2

I updated the sheet with the city info.

Here are some more for you I know Its a ton and there are some that have doubles for the city.  But If you would like clarification as to where each one was at please let me know since I cannot post specific locations of sites in here.  I did make a word document on my computer with the location and such that goes with each one.  As several towns/cities I have been to have several different TAC's for both sprint sites and Clear sites.  So without further ado here it is:

Olalla, WA

Purdy, WA

Gig Harbor, WA

Tacoma, WA 

Federal Way, WA

Auburn, WA

Kent, WA 

Tacoma, WA  

Tacoma, WA  

Lakewood, WA  

Fife, WA 

Des Moines, WA    

Parkland, WA

Puyallup, WA

South Hill, WA

Silverdale, WA

Shelton, WA

Grapeview, WA

Olympia, WA

Lacey, WA

Tumwater, WA

CLEAR B4 BROADCASTING SITES

Tacoma, WA        

Tacoma, WA       

Tacoma, WA    

Lakewood, WA 

Federal Way, WA

Kent, WA

Kent, WA

Tacoma, WA   

• Like 2

Market: West Michigan

TAC 22789

Band 25

Edit in:

So this is weird, I Wiped TouchWiz and installed CM11 now I'm seeing a different TAC

TAC 5905

Edited by jefbal99
  • Like 1

Port townsend, wa

Prolly more than 1 here but this is the only 1 I see so far.

• Like 1

Anacortes, we

Oak Harbor, we

Also noticed that most antennas up here are mounted maybe 20 feet above the ground on power poles. I just found that interesting.

• Like 1

Anacortes...where my eyes burn from the refinery. I have sensitive eyes. And Oak Harbor is where I had the cops called on me because I refused to pay the bill where a waitress threw a plate at me.

Robert via Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

• Like 1

And Oak Harbor is where I had the cops called on me because I refused to pay the bill where a waitress threw a plate at me.

Wow... sounds like that was a pleasant experience...

-Anthony

It was a steakhouse. I had been there once before and my pasta dish was awful. But I tried it a second time when there for work and figured I'd try a steak, since it was a steakhouse. My steak was way over cooked, cold and was just a god awful cut of meat. Like USDA Commercial Grade. Like what they use in Dinty Moore. But not tender.

It was closing time in Winter and I knew I wouldn't be able to eat again until I got to Everett if I didn't eat it. So I took three more bites and gave up. I tried to eat my baked potato instead, but it was cold and undercooked.

I called the waitress over just to tell her that I didn't want the meal and I was just going to go and pay for the soda. She avoided me for five minutes as I tried to get her attention. I had to practically yell at her to get her to come over to the table.

I explained what was wrong with my meal and that I was sorry to complain but my meal was not edible. She said, "well what do you want me to do? The kitchen is closed!"

I picked up my plate and handed it to her and said, I don't want you to do anything, I'm just going to head back to Seattle and I'll eat when I get back in the city. She started crying and then started yelling that she wasn't going to pay for another meal.

I put a $10 bill on the table and said that should be more than enough to cover the soda. I got up to leave and she threw the plate at me and ran to the back screaming and crying. The dining room was empty except for some Navy guys at a table across the room.

At this point, I was pissed but I kept my composure and went to the bathroom to clean off my shirt and pants. I probably should have just left.

After coming out of the bathroom, this really big dude (bartender) gets in my face and threatens to kick my ass for dining and ditching. He sticks his finger in my chest and I'm preparing for it to go to blows, when the Navy dudes fly across the room and break it up.

The Owner comes from the back and says I have to pay for the whole meal or he was going to call the cops. I refused to pay. The Navy guys tell me I should just pay and just never come back. I thank them, but I ask the Owner to call the police and he did. He tells the police dispatcher that I dined and ditched and was making my way to the door and they stopped me.

The navy guys were trying to leave but I asked them to stay so they could explain to the cops what happened. The police were there in like 45 seconds. If you know Oak Harbor, you'd understand why.

The police showed up and the Owner started blathering saying I ate my meal and threw the plate at the waitress when I tried to make my escape. I explained to the officer what happened. He asked me if I would just pay the tab and he'd let me leave. I refused.

He then looked at me and sighed. I thought for sure he was going to arrest me since I wouldn't do what he asked. And this is a small town on an island where I didn't know anyone and they're all related.

But he turned around and said, "I can't arrest this guy. And do you want another police report in the paper? Man, it's going to kill your business if people think they're going to get arrested every time you pass off a shitty steak! These guys are going to go back to base and none of the squids are going to come back!"

I got to leave and took the last ferry to Mukilteo. When I was back to Oak Harbor the next year, the Red Sky Steakhouse was out of business. Go figure.

• Like 7

• 3 weeks later...

So, any thoughts on why my TACs changed went I went from stock TouchWiz to CM11 on by S4T?

I know this post is a couple weeks old, but I just found this thread.. TACs are network identifiers, so it was either a glitch on your phone or something coincidental changed on Sprint's side. Could one value be decimal and one hex perhaps? Something could be hokey in CM11.

-Mike

• Like 1

I know this post is a couple weeks old, but I just found this thread.. TACs are network identifiers, so it was either a glitch on your phone or something coincidental changed on Sprint's side. Could one value be decimal and one hex perhaps? Something could be hokey in CM11.

-Mike

No clue, but on CM, all my TACs are different

Sent from my SPH-L720 using Tapatalk

Something could be hokey in CM11.

No clue, but on CM, all my TACs are different

This is why, if you are a serious network observer, these alternative, home brew ROMs are bad ideas.  In my opinion, too many people are "flashaholics" obsessed over OSes.

AJ

This is why, if you are a serious network observer, these alternative, home brew ROMs are bad ideas. In my opinion, too many people are "flashaholics" obsessed over OSes.

AJ

AJ, I agree with you on the network observation thought. Stock would be the only acceptable data reporting method, however, we've even seen stock phones have issues.

I'm not a flashaholic, but I can't stand touchwiz. I got my S4T knowing the devil was in it, but it has the best real world RF for low signal areas. I'm rural, so the better reception is noticeable even coming from my Note 2. My wife has a purple S4T sitting on the porch, just delivered today.

Sent from my SPH-L720 using Tapatalk

So in a turn of events one tower in Tyler Tx changed to a TAC of 7956 for b25 , 8526 for b26. Just one tower. 7956 was our previous TAC we used here. Also our PCI reverted to a previous set.

• 1 month later...

Are we still working on this?