Sim Card Switching

king_edmund12

If i have a iPhone 5s with unlimited my way plan and i buy a sprint iPad, then i put the sim card from my iPhone 5s into the iPad will it work with my unlimited data? I know this works for Verizon but im not sure for sprint.

Thanks!

Even if it does work no one on here will recommend that. It's abuse of unlimited data, which will never be recommended on here (and is a banned topic).
  • Like 1

Also as far as i know sprint sim cards dont do anything really, they are just there to fill the void and hold the spot for international carriers.  But maybe you should try doing a little google research if you want to know more about sim card swapping.   Now if it were a T-Mobile version and you were swapping out a T-Mobile sim from a T-mobile unlimited to a T-Mobile iPad it would work.  Someone tested this on another forum.  But kojitsari is right it is a banned topic...

If i have a iPhone 5s with unlimited my way plan and i buy a sprint iPad, then i put the sim card from my iPhone 5s into the iPad will it work with my unlimited data? I know this works for Verizon but im not sure for sprint.

Thanks!

No it will not.

Sent from my LG G3

Also as far as i know sprint sim cards dont do anything really, they are just there to fill the void and hold the spot for international carriers. But maybe you should try doing a little google research if you want to know more about sim card swapping. Now if it were a T-Mobile version and you were swapping out a T-Mobile sim from a T-mobile unlimited to a T-Mobile iPad it would work. Someone tested this on another forum. But kojitsari is right it is a banned topic...

SIM cards are used to authenticate the LTE network. They are not at all there to "fill the void."

Sent from my LG G3

• Like 3

Also as far as i know sprint sim cards dont do anything really, they are just there to fill the void and hold the spot for international carriers. But maybe you should try doing a little google research if you want to know more about sim card swapping. Now if it were a T-Mobile version and you were swapping out a T-Mobile sim from a T-mobile unlimited to a T-Mobile iPad it would work. Someone tested this on another forum. But kojitsari is right it is a banned topic...

Sim cards are for LTE, they authenticate it so you can connect. Try taking out the sim, you'll get 3g and 1x data.

This is why we cannot have nice things -- and should not have "unlimited" data.

AJ

• Like 2

Sim cards are for LTE, they authenticate it so you can connect. Try taking out the sim, you'll get 3g and 1x data.

hmm.  Well I can say that in the past i got curious and took my sim card out of the iPhone 5 I had just for S&G's because i was curious as to why there was a sim card slot in the first place, and it still connected to the network?  Also I was not implying that he try and trick the network into thinking that his IPad was his IPhone and have unlimited data on the IPad.   The only network that this is really possible on like i said is TMobile.  I know that AT&T will swap you over to the appropriate plan the second you switch the sim card to the tablet.  I have witnessed that on a buddies IPAD.  But again I am not encouraging anyone to swap out sim cards for the purpose of avoiding the data caps and such. 

hmm. Well I can say that in the past i got curious and took my sim card out of the iPhone 5 I had just for S&G's because i was curious as to why there was a sim card slot in the first place, and it still connected to the network? Also I was not implying that he try and trick the network into thinking that his IPad was his IPhone and have unlimited data on the IPad. The only network that this is really possible on like i said is TMobile. I know that AT&T will swap you over to the appropriate plan the second you switch the sim card to the tablet. I have witnessed that on a buddies IPAD. But again I am not encouraging anyone to swap out sim cards for the purpose of avoiding the data caps and such.

It's for LTE. So yes, you'll still connect to the network (unless you have a Nexus 5) but not LTE.

Sent from my LG G3

It's for LTE. So yes, you'll still connect to the network (unless you have a Nexus 5) but not LTE.

Sent from my LG G3

My n5 still connects to the network for 3g and 1x without the Sim in.

Are you taking it out while the phone is on? Then it's already authenticated with the network.

Sent from my LG G3

I've taken it out and restarted the phone. I've even popped in an att Sim, taken it out and restarted without a Sim in from the get go and connected. I did buy my n5 from sprint if it matters at all

I've taken it out and restarted the phone. I've even popped in an att Sim, taken it out and restarted without a Sim in from the get go and connected. I did buy my n5 from sprint if it matters at all

Well never mind. Guess all it needs is the MEID as well. Once that's "locked" to Sprint you're good. But the N5 does need the SIM to initially set up the phone.

Sent from my LG G3

• Like 1

Well never mind. Guess all it needs is the MEID as well. Once that's "locked" to Sprint you're good. But the N5 does need the SIM to initially set up the phone.

Sent from my LG G3

I think they all need the sim installed in order to do the initial setup?  Or at least they always put the sim card in first before they do anything else with the phone when I have had all of mine activated at the store.  Well thats my experiences at least.

Are you taking it out while the phone is on?

You are not supposed to do that, guys.  Do you turn off the ignition while you are driving?

AJ

• Like 4

You are not supposed to do that, guys. Do you turn off the ignition while you are driving?

AJ

No...but I have driven this one car where you could take the key out and drive:P.
  • Like 1

Sent from my LG G3

My nexus 5 won't work on sprint without my sprint sim no matter what.

• Like 1

as stated above, its the LTE models from what was previously mentioned, apparently LTE will not work on the phone, but it will register with the sprint network on 1x and 3g.  

• 2 years later...

I have a Sprint Slate 8" with unlimited data, but the tablet feels inadequate.  I can get a Sprint Galaxy Tab A 10.1" for cheap refurb- can I put my Slate SIM card in the Tab A and have it work?  It is already a data plan so I am NOT cheating anyone.

• 2 weeks later...

I have a Sprint Slate 8" with unlimited data, but the tablet feels inadequate. I can get a Sprint Galaxy Tab A 10.1" for cheap refurb- can I put my Slate SIM card in the Tab A and have it work? It is already a data plan so I am NOT cheating anyone.

you can definitely switch it on your account. Simply need to call care or switch it on sprint.com but you will need a new SIM card because they use different models.

The SIM you need is sku 854798005125 which Corp stores do carry.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk