Still in testing?

So in my discoveries of latching onto B41 I have noticed several oddities.

Mainly speed; and those horrible pings!: image

Is this tower somehow still connected to old WiMax backhaul? (regardless of which tower I am connected to speeds are in the pits like shown above). image

I am supposed to be in a Sprint Spark Turbo market and the speeds are considerably worse than B25, B26 seems to be in testing I don't stay connected long enough to do any tests. But regardless of signal strength the speeds are generally the same on B41. Don't know if this is in the right place but I figured I would take a shot. :)

Edited by twospirits
changed Godzilla size images to links

Mainly speed; and those horrible pings!:

Is this tower somehow still connected to old WiMax backhaul? (regardless of which tower I am connected to speeds are in the pits like shown above).

I am supposed to be in a Sprint Spark Turbo market and the speeds are considerably worse than B25, B26 seems to be in testing I don't stay connected long enough to do any tests. Don't know if this is in the right place but I figured I would take a shot. :)

Your airlink is weak. -118dBm is not going to net you much better speeds. Don't get me wrong, I've seen 20+Mbps with this signal on Clear B41, but it is rare.

Clear pings aren't generally as fast as Sprint B25/26, but ping seems to take a big hit in Clear B41 with fringe signals, much more than Sprint B25/26.

Sent from my LG G3 using Tapatalk

Your airlink is weak. -118dBm is not going to net you much better speeds. Don't get me wrong, I've seen 20+Mbps with this signal on Clear B41, but it is rare.

Clear pings aren't generally as fast as Sprint B25/26, but ping seems to take a big hit in Clear B41 with fringe signals, much more than Sprint B25/26.

I can be right in close proximity to the tower and speeds are the same with a -80-90 or so signal.

I can be right in close proximity to the tower and speeds are the same with a -80-90 or so signal.

Hmm. Could be a few things, I guess. I'll defer to another member with better knowledge of this subject.

Mainly speed; and those horrible pings!:

Is this tower somehow still connected to old WiMax backhaul? (regardless of which tower I am connected to speeds are in the pits like shown above).

I am supposed to be in a Sprint Spark Turbo market and the speeds are considerably worse than B25, B26 seems to be in testing I don't stay connected long enough to do any tests. But regardless of signal strength the speeds are generally the same on B41. Don't know if this is in the right place but I figured I would take a shot. :)

It's quite likely that it's still connected to the WiMax backhaul. Remember, Sprint maps aren't all that accurate, and it's not entirely clear what "Turbo" is supposed to be. Is your area actually hatched on the maps?

• Like 1

It's quite likely that it's still connected to the WiMax backhaul. Remember, Sprint maps aren't all that accurate, and it's not entirely clear what "Turbo" is supposed to me. Is your area actually hatched on the maps?

It is if I select a Galaxy S5 as my device, if I choose my Nexus 5 I get just regular LTE. :lol:

I can definitely attest to this.  When I was -85 to -110 i got between 55 (-85) to worst 22 (-110) but when i got less than that my speeds were even worse, down to at worst 5 down and 1.5 up, best i got when i was around -119 on clear b41 was about 10 down and 2.5 up.  give or take a bit.  That was my issue with B41 once i got that far away from the signal.

It is if I select a Galaxy S5 as my device, if I choose my Nexus 5 I get just regular LTE. :lol:

have you tried disabling B41 on your phone to see how speeds are on B25/26?

have you tried disabling B41 on your phone to see how speeds are on B25/26?

When I am not on B41 but on B25 instead I can get anywhere from 3-12 down / 2-4 up on average and max around 27/8. B26 is pretty much a ghost at this point I see it connect then quickly disconnect so I can't test it.

so does that mean speeds are more consistent on B25 for you?  if so then i would say disable b41 until they get it all together in your area.

well its up to you since its your phone.  lol.  I would just disable 41 until they get it up to speed.  on a clear 41 near me I get great speeds when I'm within 1 mile of the tower (clear line of sight).  But like i said when i drift away and its not clear line of sight then it slows down drastically.  The max i got on a clear b41 was 65 down and about 14.53 up.  give or take.  So hopefully this b41 tower i discovered recently becomes up and ruining in the near future :)  then i shall test that theory.

well its up to you since its your phone.  lol.  I would just disable 41 until they get it up to speed.  on a clear 41 near me I get great speeds when I'm within 1 mile of the tower (clear line of sight).  But like i said when i drift away and its not clear line of sight then it slows down drastically.  The max i got on a clear b41 was 65 down and about 14.53 up.  give or take.  So hopefully this b41 tower i discovered recently becomes up and ruining in the near future :)  then i shall test that theory.

If the signal is coming from where I think it is, it's two blocks away. So apparently B41 from this tower and pretty much all of the ones in my neighborhood are not optimized yet and still possibly running old WiMax backhaul.

If the signal is coming from where I think it is, it's two blocks away. So apparently B41 from this tower and pretty much all of the ones in my neighborhood are not optimized yet and still possibly running old WiMax backhaul.

I would recommend becoming a sponsor and then you get access to all the maps and really cool stuff :)  then you can see exactly whats going on, well at least see a bit more of whats going on.  There are all sorts of maps you can spend hours prying around on once you are a sponsor/premier sponsor.  Just a suggestion.  

Oh and by the way if you buy an app called SignalCheck Pro it will pretty much tell you where your towers are located, well 3G towers at least...  Not quite sure how the LTE end of it works, but it allows you to put notes on there and such so you could either walk around/drive around figure it out which tower it is.  Again just some suggestions that may help.

I would recommend becoming a sponsor and then you get access to all the maps and really cool stuff :)  then you can see exactly whats going on, well at least see a bit more of whats going on.  There are all sorts of maps you can spend hours prying around on once you are a sponsor/premier sponsor.  Just a suggestion.  

Oh and by the way if you buy an app called SignalCheck Pro it will pretty much tell you where your towers are located, well 3G towers at least...  Not quite sure how the LTE end of it works, but it allows you to put notes on there and such so you could either walk around/drive around figure it out which tower it is.  Again just some suggestions that may help.

Yeah I have Signal Check Pro already, and I was a Sponsor but it ran out. :P

i didnt know it could run out?  Have you tried going to the location where you suspect the tower is and seeing if your still connected to the same one with a much higher level of signal?

i didnt know it could run out? Have you tried going to the location where you suspect the tower is and seeing if your still connected to the same one with a much higher level of signal?

Regular sponsorship last 6 months unless you renew. Premier Sponsorship does not expire.

Sent from my LG G3

i didnt know it could run out?  Have you tried going to the location where you suspect the tower is and seeing if your still connected to the same one with a much higher level of signal?

It can apparently lol, and no I haven't. As I said whenever and wherever I am connected to B41 the speeds etc are usually in the same ballpark.

But on another note I went outside a few minutes ago and was lucky to grab a hold of B26. Mind you the signal between B25 and B26 are way off, you would think B26 would be better but it was at around -108 while B25 was around -98. I get no LTE inside of my house currently except for the occasional B41 at -130. So looks to me B26 needs some serious optimization.

image 1

image 2

image 3

It can apparently lol, and no I haven't. As I said whenever and wherever I am connected to B41 the speeds etc are usually in the same ballpark.

But on another note I went outside a few minutes ago and was lucky to grab a hold of B26. Mind you the signal between B25 and B26 are way off, you would think B26 would be better but it was at around -108 while B25 was around -98. I get no LTE inside of my house currently except for the occasional B41 at -130. So looks to me B26 needs some serious optimization.

B26 could be coming from a totally different tower than the B25 you're getting. Or, it could be the same site and they just haven't optimized B26 yet.

B26 could be coming from a totally different tower than the B25 you're getting. Or, it could be the same site and they just haven't optimized B26 yet.

Quite possible, but last I checked a few weeks ago when I was still a sponsor only two out of the 4 local towers in my neighborhood were 3G/800/LTE accepted. Those are the ones around 2-3 miles away. My closest towers (.5-2 miles) were only 3G/LTE accepted. But I wasn't a premier sponsor so I don't know if any of these towers were B26 enabled.

I am in Sprint Turbo area, at first B41 was slow and connected only when you step out side of the house. Well i enjoy B41 in my house and its faster than FIOS package i have.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B-GuboT6JDLpQnFtQ3htY2luWG8/edit?usp=sharing

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B-GuboT6JDLpdnVpVHI2d01UMGc/edit?usp=sharing

• Like 4

I am in Sprint Turbo area, at first B41 was slow and connected only when you step out side of the house. Well i enjoy B41 in my house and its faster than FIOS package i have.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B-GuboT6JDLpQnFtQ3htY2luWG8/edit?usp=sharing

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B-GuboT6JDLpdnVpVHI2d01UMGc/edit?usp=sharing

That's awesome! I am quite jealous
  • Like 1