Moto 360 spotted on FCC website

NateC

FCC ID: IHDT6QC1

Wrist watch supporting Bluetooth and WiFi (802.11b/g/n) in 2.4 GHz band

Sadly no interesting surprises found in the test reports so far.

https://apps.fcc.gov/oetcf/eas/reports/ViewExhibitReport.cfm?mode=Exhibits&RequestTimeout=500&calledFromFrame=N&application_id=398715&fcc_id=IHDT6QC1

I am not sold on smartwatches but I will definitely get the moto360 mainly because they actually put some thought into the actual design of the device.  It really reminds of the movado bold line of watches.  I hope the model with the metal band comes in under $300 but it will be getting it regardless.

• Like 2

I am not sold on smartwatches but I will definitely get the moto360 mainly because they actually put some thought into the actual design of the device.  It really reminds of the movado bold line of watches.  I hope the model with the metal band comes in under $300 but it will be getting it regardless.

If you will "definitely get" it then sounds like you are sold ;)

I am not sold on them.  I stopped wearing a watch years ago BECAUSE my phone tells me the time (cell phones are the new pocket watch)... I have no interest (yet) on putting anything on my wrist.

• Like 1

If you will "definitely get" it then sounds like you are sold ;)

I am not sold on them.  I stopped wearing a watch years ago BECAUSE my phone tells me the time (cell phones are the new pocket watch)... I have no interest (yet) on putting anything on my wrist.

Well I am sold on the design of the moto360 more so than what it can do.  Now being that I work in a professional environment having a nice watch on my wrist adds to the professional look.  I have quite a few different watches that I change between including a few movados and this reminds of the movado bold collection. So yeah, functionality isn't quite as important when it comes to this specific item, its all about the design(for me anyway).  Once I am not in the office though, I never ever ever wear watches unless its some sort of formal function.

• Like 2

I have a metawatch now...it gets the job done  the best part is being in a meeting, get a text or other notification and im not grabbing my phone a flick a glance to the watch, i know the info i need.  and if i need to respond i can make that decision. i dont have to look like im not interested in what my boss has to say by looking at my phone.. all the freaking time...

I want a more feature filled one than what i got now, it does what it advertises and it does it well but the idea of google wear operating system has me sold, i really like google now, and having it on my wrist is even better.  i wasnt sold on the galaxy gear, either the first or second one...  but the moto360 so far(granted its just hype till we actually see it later this month) but so far i really like what i see...  

• Like 1

Honestly, I really do miss my Galaxy Gear and its notifications being pushed to my wrist... but I do not at all miss having Touchwiz on my phone. I'll be happily buying an Android Wear device.

• Like 2

I'm liking the ten finalists in Motorola's Moto 360 design contest. Hopefully more than one of these make it to the final product.

http://www.droid-life.com/2014/06/18/motorola-announces-top-10-moto-360-design-finalists-here-they-are/

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

I'm still debating between the black and the silver version. I'm waiting to see how the metal bands look with each.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

Same here. I usually default to black, but am really looking forward to checking out the silver. Either way, I'm sure both will look great. I would also love to see both a light and dark metal option for the band. That would be pretty sweet.

• 3 weeks later...

Ok, so the moto 360 will be available starting today, who's getting one?  After coming to my senses, I don't think I will be getting one.

• Like 1

Ok, so the moto 360 will be available starting today, who's getting one? After coming to my senses, I don't think I will be getting one.

I was really looking to get one after their showing in May but since then my desire has slowly dipped. Now seeing a review on poor battery life I can't justify spending $250 for something that won't last a full day.
  • Like 1

Ok, so the moto 360 will be available starting today, who's getting one?  After coming to my senses, I don't think I will be getting one.

I'm still planning on getting one. I am in need of a new watch, and have been wanting to make it a smartwatch. The other available smartwatches haven't really interested me, so I have been holding out for the Moto 360.

If you don't mind my asking, what made you change your mind?

I've been reading reviews of poor battery life as well but I have a hard time believing that most of those are real world. From my understanding, only a very select few have had this device for any significant period of time. The few reviewers that have used it for weeks are reporting closer to 14 hours battery life. My suspicion is that most of these bloggers that just got their hands on it in the last few days have been using the heck out of the device since it is new and draining the battery faster than real world conditions. Time will tell. For $250 dollars I'm willing to be a guinea pig.

• Like 1

I've been reading reviews of poor battery life as well but I have a hard time believing that most of those are real world. From my understanding, only a very select few have had this device for any significant period of time. The few reviewers that have used it for weeks are reporting closer to 14 hours battery life. My suspicion is that most of these bloggers that just got their hands on it in the last few days have been using the heck out of the device since it is new and draining the battery faster than real world conditions. Time will tell. For $250 dollars I'm willing to be a guinea pig.

Exactly what I am thinking. Had it been over $250, I would likely pass.

I was interested in the moto360, however it looks from all the news that it is using a TI based SOC..

I thought TI was getting/had gotten out of the SOC business (ie galaxy nexus)?

Having been burned there, not looking forward to buying into another first generation device with a questionable future support base.

I'm still planning on getting one. I am in need of a new watch, and have been wanting to make it a smartwatch. The other available smartwatches haven't really interested me, so I have been holding out for the Moto 360.

If you don't mind my asking, what made you change your mind?

Well for me personally, when it comes to watches I value design more than anything. The metal watch band that suppose to be available soon looks like garbage compared to what was consistently shown in all the renders. I was willing to get the leather band and just find a suitable metal band but I am hearing that Motorola might have some type of propriety band where a standard watch band won't fit. The pathetic battery life I can live with as long as I can get 15 hours out of it no matter what being that I will charge it every night anyway. So me not getting it has more to do with the overall design of the product and not it's function plus Motorola took too long to release this anyway. Yesterday I was 100% yes on buying it but today it's about 50/50. I will check it out at best buy then make a final decision.

Well for me personally, when it comes to watches I value design more than anything. The metal watch band that suppose to be available soon looks like garbage compared to what was consistently shown in all the renders. I was willing to get the leather band and just find a suitable metal band but I am hearing that Motorola might have some type of propriety band where a standard watch band won't fit. The pathetic battery life I can live with as long as I can get 15 hours out of it no matter what being that I will charge it every night anyway. So me not getting it has more to do with the overall design of the product and not it's function plus Motorola took too long to release this anyway. Yesterday I was 100% yes on buying it but today it's about 50/50. I will check it out at best buy then make a final decision.

Makes sense. Ever since the leak on the Best Buy website, I have been planning to look at it in-store before pulling the trigger. I'm a big fan of form and build quality for watches as well, so if the Moto 360 doesn't do it for me, I'll go with a standard analog watch instead.

The fact that the metal band is not available on launch day is disappointing. To have to purchase it later on for an extra $79 may be a deal breaker.

Guess we'll just have to wait a bit longer. :fingers:

Edit: Added quote.

Edited by PDXmike

• 2 weeks later...

Just a heads up for those that are still looking for the Moto 360, motorola.com is still selling both the black and silver versions of the watch and are still in stock since 9 AM this morning.  Pick one up before they sell out again.  I think the majority of folks out there don't know that motorola sells the watch besides Google Play or Best Buy which are still sold out.

http://www.motorola.com/us/consumers/shop-all-other/Moto-360/moto360-pdp.html

I have had the moto 360 for about 5 days. It has been so so as long as you keep ambient mode off it will last but the on screen time for this device is not good at all continuously using this and it will die before the end of the day. I worked a 15 hour shift Monday and it was at 43% when I finished. But it charges so fast that I can deal with it.

Battery life comments so far on the watch? Is it not as bad as what the tech bloggers have been saying?